Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 08:34 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

Trump: 'Fake News Media' Helping Smugglers and Traffickers 'Like Nobody Would Believe' | Fox News Insider

"Trump said that legal loopholes in the current immigration system have led to a dramatic increase in child smuggling
"We need Democrat votes to get it fixed," he said. "These smugglers know these rules and regulations better than the people that drew them."

Old 06-20-2018, 08:35 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
They should? Why is that? I think, as compassionate human beings, we should vet and let the ones with legitimate reasons for escaping in.
Nah...their method of arriving, en masse, is suspicious enough to warrant a broad approach.

Quote:
There's work for them, we're at full employment.
Heck no.

Quote:
They've proven beyond a shadow of doubt that they aren't lazy by undertaking a journey that's reminiscent of those the pioneers undertook.
Lol...your attempt at historical manipulation alone has me at zero empathy for your case.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:35 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
It is not right and we all know that.

Even those who are persistently posting about how the kids never had it so good, know that this is wrong.
Right. Children don't care about legalities and politics and policies. In the past, our former Presidents all did the right thing; they took care of business at the border, but at the same time, they made certain that children were protected in the process. Sure, they had the power to do what Trump is doing now but they used their wisdom and compassion to decide how to prosecute those laws.

Trump has deliberately decided to ignore this compassionate precedent. For one reason only - so he can use these children to push his border wall agenda. The whole world is becoming aware of just how dangerous Trump really is, and that he is willingly to try any tactic at any cost. No matter who is harmed along the way.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:36 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,902,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Womp....
Nothing funny about this. Not one bit.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
If conservatives are so confident in their policy I look forward to the campaign ads suggesting such. Should make for good tv explaining why it's a good thing to rip children away from their parents at the same time as professing the good old family values they claim to support.
They aren't citizens and the liberal establishment should not have encouraged their group arrival through years of lax border policy. Deterrence is now required. A long-term realistic enforcement of borders and border policy would have been more humane.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:40 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
Quote:
You seem to be missing the point.
No. I don't think so.

Quote:
"Lefties" are not "anxious to let them into the U.S." ... "Lefties" have never been for open borders.
Do you believe what you are posting?

Quote:
Obama administration deported tons of illegal immigrants, with a focus on the criminals. Democrats have supported border walls, check points, ICE, Border Patrol, ...

While "Righties" are high-fiving each other, chanting "Animals," and celebrating ripping families apart without even a process to reunite them...
Remember when Clinton did this?

If Lefties support a border wall, then why do we not have one? 0bama had eight years. Where is the wall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
The best idea is to remove the hate monger from the WH.
There is an election in 2 years.

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
family values doesn't include sneaking into a country, identity theft, being part of an underground economy, skipping out on taxes and the entire menu illegal alien communities create.
Why are you assuming everyone coming into the country does all that? At most, they are guilty of a misdemeanor. This treatment is not warranted and is only happening for political purposes so Trump can look tough. He's gonna be eating that soon - he can only do his doubling and tripling down for so long then he'll have to retreat and try something new. Republicans are to blame for this - Trump is a lying LIAR.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:41 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Just what we need more of in the US?

Yep. And then you'll see the same open borders people lamenting a growing "income gap" or "exploitation of workers" or "schools lacking resources," etc. etc, and how we need to tax Americans even more to expand social programs to take care of more and more and more people.

It's bad enough that the majority of births in this country are Medicaid births, and that the tax payer literally pays to raise these kids with WIC, food stamps, headstart, Medicaid, etc. I'm not sure what we get out of this bargain, except more people more people more people. And future Democrat voters.

Old 06-20-2018, 08:42 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,582,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Right. Children don't care about legalities and politics and policies. In the past, our former Presidents all did the right thing; they took care of business at the border, but at the same time, they made certain that children were protected in the process. Sure, they had the power to do what Trump is doing now but they used their wisdom and compassion to decide how to prosecute those laws.

Trump has deliberately decided to ignore this compassionate precedent. For one reason only - so he can use these children to push his border wall agenda. The whole world is becoming aware of just how dangerous Trump really is, and that he is willingly to try any tactic at any cost. No matter who is harmed along the way.
Oh, please. 0bama and his ilk have been encouraging these people to flock to the US.

80% to 85% of the asylum claims are bogus.

And of the bona fide claims, why are they not seeking asylum in Mexico?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies