Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 09:27 AM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
....by President Obama.

Some of these pictures look very familiar.

Could it be that Obama put children in the very same cages, from 2009 through 2016? For far more years than Trump has? And that President Trump is merely using Obama's own facilities? And for the same purposes Obama did, long before Trump ever ran for President?

Why has the media, which purports to be concerned over the "heart-rending, inhuman atrocity" of separating children from parents who have broken the law, not reviewed the far-greater acts of the Obama administration doing the same thing? It seems the story is ready-made for liberal sob stories... yet for some reason the media is steadfastly refusing to bring it up now.

Could it be that the media and the Democrats don't actually care about separating children from their parents? But merely want to use only the parts done by Republicans, to bash President Trump while keeping quiet about a Democrat president who did it even more?

-------------------------------------------------

To see the pictures, click here:
Here Are Horrifying Photos Of Obama

HERE ARE HORRIFYING PHOTOS OF OBAMA’S ILLEGAL ALIEN FACILITIES THE MEDIA REFUSES TO SHOW YOU

by Benny Johnson
9:23 PM 06/19/2018

The media and political class become more and more outraged over the Trump administration’s decision to detain and prosecute immigrants illegally crossing the border.

Lost in the debate is any acknowledgement that President Obama’s administration also used detention facilities.

Current U.S. immigration laws, when enforced, have the consequence of temporarily separating families that arrive with children into separate detention facilities in order to prosecute the adults. The policy of prosecuting immigrants for crossing the border illegally has been in place for multiple administrations. The Obama administration prosecuted half a million illegal immigrants and similarly separated families in the process. So did the Bush administration. Personal accounts from immigration lawyers tell a tale of Obama being equally concerned about unaccompanied minors traveling to the border and wanting to create a deterrent.

Photos of border detention facilities from the Obama-era, taken during 2014, look nearly identical to the ones taken during the Trump era. You never see them, however. Here they are, taken in 2014 during a media tour of an Obama-era detention facilities in Brownsville, Texas, and Nogales, Arizona.
So why won't trump put on his cape a save them? What is he afraid of.
Trump the Cowardly Lion
Trump the Imitator.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:28 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
I actually posted a separate forum, but it was deleted. I guess it was maybe trying to silence me.

How come there is no outcry when American citizens that are arrested are separated from their families?
Name a misdemeanor crime in the US in which children are routinely separated from families.

You are talking about felonies in which there is no other parent or family member that can care for the children when it leads to imprisonment. Crossing the border is not a felony.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:29 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
He did what you wanted him to do yet you choose to portray it in a negative way.

Trump needs to learn that you never give in to the left. When you resist them they spin it as a negative then when you do as they want they also spin that as a negative.
He isn't giving in to the left, he's giving in to his own party. Even the GOP can't stomach the images and sounds of children being ripped out of their parents' arms.

Who knew these Republicans had any moral center left. They sure hide it well most of the time. I guess public opinion was too much for them this time.

Trump is destroying the party. I wonder how long it will take the stupid Republicans to realize it.

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Ok. The kids can go to jail with the parents.
And those who hire illegals.

3,841 posts, read 1,978,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He backed down. BEFORE the other 2 GOP bills were even introduced. Spin it as you like.
I am not spinning anything, as my daughter says "calm yourself". I sad I am glad he is doing this. I thought it was horrible if our government was separating young children from parents.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:30 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
WH just said he will sign bill that ONLY stops separating families at border.....bill does not have to include wall funding or ANY other immigration policy changes.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...l_nbn_20180620
Cool.

Now will the Democrats in the Senate block this effort by Trump to capitulate on this issue, and thereby take ownership and responsibility for this universally unwanted policy on themselves?

Stay tuned.....

764 posts, read 235,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Basically this, it got hyped up to be used as political hay, and low information people bought into the hype because it fits their preconceived biases. It is a non issue - for instance, the escalation of a trade war with China will have far more detrimental and immediately tangible effects on the middle class than illegal immigration does.

If there is such a border crisis why do the actual numbers and data say otherwise? If the data has been trending downwards why did this become such a desperate priority? The answer is simple, and self serving.
It's a matter of perspective. For some people 40,000 people in a month is not a crisis......... for some people even 1 is a crisis. Change the law, detain until adjudicated. Problem solved for everyone.

1,991 posts, read 900,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Dimocrats care more about hostile foreign invaders than our country, it's citizens and it's laws.

IMO they don't deserve to call themselves Americans and I bet a lot posters here are aren't.

CD needs an ignore option for people with IP addresses outside of the USA and illegal aliens posting here, meddling in America's affairs.
America is more than a border. America is the very idea of what's right and the expectation of FairPlay we were raised by. The ideas that made us proud to be Americans. The ideas the rest of the world looked up to. I don't intend to let those ideas go down without a fight. So I will keep posting here and I will do my damndest to get out the vote so we can correct this national nightmare.

16,345 posts, read 18,058,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
All I see on the news is that these people are leaving Honduras or EL Salvador out of fear for their lives. Can anyone tell me why they can't seek asylum in Mexico, or any of the other countries in Central/South America. Regardless of the administrations enforcement of existing laws it seems that the one thing he is trying to force is for those elected to congress to sit down and address the immigration issue.

I think all these groups promoting coming to the USA are playing chess with people lives as they try to promote their position.
Actually quite a few end up staying in Mexico. Mexico is also gaining a lot of refugees from places like Haiti that the US is in the process of kicking out. But the US, for people who still naively see the nation as it was before 2016, is still that big, bright beacon of hope. If only that were still true.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:31 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,386,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Name a misdemeanor crime in the US in which children are routinely separated from families.

You are talking about felonies in which there is no other parent or family member that can care for the children when it leads to imprisonment. Crossing the border is not a felony.
the first illegal entry is a misdemeanor, and, if repeated after being deported, becomes punishable as a felony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies