Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 11:40 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times

Advertisements

You've got to give BentBow credit, he or she tries really, really hard.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:41 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Congress makes law. And Congress made this law(policy) This was congressional policy(legislation that was now being enforced) There is a lot of the 1986 Green Card Act, that has never been enforced.

Trump is forcing them to change it, because an EO is reserved for eminent harm to our nation, where congress would be too slow and it would be too late to save the Republic, not other nations people, that have no business here and have violated our law....
Trump signs an EO, it will be challenged in court.

Trump is wanting Congress to fix it.
Congress should fix it in the long run.

But as this administration chose to interpret the law to the full extent and created this chaos, he should provide a temporary fix.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:42 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

But as this administration chose to interpret the law to the full extent and created this chaos, he should provide a temporary fix.
No way you get a response, because you won the argument LOL.

Trump does possess the authority as president to halt the separation of families IMMEDIATELY. Yet he is saying he has to wait for congress. Per usual, that is a lie from Trump.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:43 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

Who knew immigration would be so hard, signed DJT

Old 06-20-2018, 11:45 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Tuesday on trump's separation of families:
"Congress alone can fix it.”

Today...oh never mind.
Everyone know Trump & his admin were lying.

I feel sorry for his supporters, because they go to no end to defend his words, only to see him flip-flop later. It leaves them looking like fools.

Old 06-20-2018, 11:46 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Wrong. You do not know the current law.

The only thing Trump could have done with a phone call is to say let the families go free and deal with their non-appearance in court later. He could not have said keep the families detained together because the courts have ruled he can only do that for 20 days max and it is taking 6 weeks plus to resolve cases.

This executive order will be going against previous court rulings but it will be law until someone files lawsuit against it and gets a judge to issue an injunction. Brilliant political move and this will force Dems to either let it go unchallenged and undo the years of legal fighting they put in to get those previous court rulings, or they will have to get an injunction blocking families being kept together and forcing them apart.
NOPE.

You are just repeating the "fake" "made up" bs you hear from Trump's propaganda outlets.

If such a law exists QUOTE THE LAW , QUOTE THE VERBIAGE THAT REQUIRES TRUMP'S POLICY.
If such a law exists QUOTE THE LAW , QUOTE THE VERBIAGE THAT REQUIRES TRUMP'S POLICY.

But you won't cause you can't.

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

I feel sorry for his supporters, because they go to no end to defend his words, only to see him flip-flop later. It leaves them looking like fools.
In this case, the reflection is accurate.

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What will be even more bizarre is when the cult all starts jumping up and down giving him props for this move.
It's not bizarre, it's a given. Award winning kabuki.

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:

I don't feel sorry for his supporters....not one iota.

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:

They don't notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies