Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2018, 01:25 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
they act like little kids when they can't win, and when they get they're way, he's still no good....

and yet, Obama and Clinton who by the way, put this law into effect, (that's how much they know)....exercised this very same law....but nothing was ever said about it....press didn't cover it...it was ok then....
That's STILL a lie. No matter how many times you say it, it's still a lie.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:26 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
So he did what he needed to do to fix it today. It's still a Congressional issue and Congress needs to pass a bill. Where's the outrage towards Congress? It's their law that was allowing this to happen.

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
I thought the aclu was against separating families.
The ACLU will not permit these criminals from being held in detention facilities until their court date.

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
In recent days news organizations like cbs, washington post, npr, and many others have been reporting that asylum seekers at legal points of entry are being turned away. Some are camping out nearby so they can keep trying to be allowed to enter (under the international agreements that the U.S. has long been a party to) and other immigrants choose to walk over to illegal ports of entry and try to get in there. Whichever path they are able to use has the same result: parents and children are separated. This is one of the factors that contributed to the public outcry.
You mean the international agreement that states you must seek asylum in the first country you get to? You know, this part of the treaty?

Refugees unlawfully in the country of refuge’ should not be punished for their illegal entry if they come directly from the territory where their life and freedom was threatened and if they report themselves immediately to the authorities, showing good reason for their illegal entry.

(I bolded the important part, just so you'd know).

Let's look at the definition of asylum shall we?

An asylum-seeker is someone who says he or she is a refugee, but whose claim has not yet been definitively evaluated.

So far, so good. And now the definition of refugee.

A refugee is defined as a person who ‘owing to well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion, is outside the country of his nationality and is unable or, owing to such fear, is unwilling to avail himself of the protection of that country.’ This definition implies that several qualifying conditions apply to be considered a refugee: (1) presence outside home country; (2) well-founded fear of persecution (being at risk of harm is insufficient reason in the absence of discriminatory persecution); (3) incapacity to enjoy the protection of one’s own state from the persecution feared.

Now pay close attention to this part:

The definition of refugees was actually intended to exclude internally displaced persons, economic migrants, victims of natural disasters, and persons fleeing violent conflict but not subject to discrimination amounting to persecution.

All according to the treaty that you are referring to.

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Trump did not get the bill he wanted.

Trump tried to hold babies hostage to force congress to fund his wall, and he LOST.

Trump is running away from reporter on live TV, they are not buying his bs, in fact nobody is.

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
And NO. Grudgingly doing the right thing does NOT count as humanitarian. He WILl use it to smear democrats in the near future and smear our past non dictator leaders from the recent past too.

He is still claiming criminal for acts that are MIS demeanor. He doesn't know or care about the law or due process...for a man who is getting WAY benefit of the doubt on his criminal activities against the entire country should be more humble before his judgement day arrives.
Regular People get arrested for misdemeanors.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Regular People get arrested for misdemeanors.
Yep. DUI is a misdemeanor.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:27 PM

628 posts, read 662,792 times
when you let in the third world - you become the third world. There is a reason Scandinavian countries rate highest in quality of life and Mexico, Central America, etc.. rank lowest.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:28 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Come on you guys.

If you are just going to lie about everything. (It's the law. Obama did it too. These kids are all being trafficked. ...), these discussions aren't going to be much fun.
Yea, I'm having a hard time seeing people rejoice that kids are now going to be able to stay with human traffickers.

Old 06-20-2018, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montydean View Post
when you let in the third world - you become the third world. There is a reason Scandinavian countries rate highest in quality of life and Mexico, Central America, etc.. rank lowest.
Try getting a work permit in a scandinavian country if you aren't a native.

These illegals should be made indentured servants until the cost of their incarceration and processing is recouped by the government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies