Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 11:34 AM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I'm not going to fault them either. I also don't take sick satisfaction in some little 10 year old girl being scared because her parents might be arrested for being undocumented.(Some do!) There really is a mean streak out there that has reared it's ugly head. This is a low point in the overall history of this country.
You need to put the blame for such things where it belongs---and it belongs squarely on the parents who would put their child in such a situation.

How you could hold the parents blameless when the situation they are in was caused by them...wow...just...wow.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:42 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Agreed.

They are not the boogeymen that Fox News, Breitbart, etc. make them all out to be. Yes, I know there are illegal immigrants who commit crimes. Americans hurt/kill other Americans too. By and large, the illegal immigrants I know just want to work and raise their families and they want their kids to have a better chance at life than they did.

I'm not going to fault them for that.
We all want to work and raise our families and for our kids to have a better chance at life but we don't do it at the expense of others or entire communities or countries.

I live (lived, I moved to the country outside of town) in a small town with a Purdue chicken processing plant, a.k.a. little Tijuana. I was really close to the children of the family (extended) that lived across the street (I am still in touch with the girls via FB). Kids spoke very little English, youngest in Head start, two older in public school. Grandpa, Dad, his sister and wife all worked at the chicken plant. They worked in a town for about 2-3 years sending money over the border to build their nice house, then they would go live in Mexico for a year, come back work a couple more years sending money over the border. This was very common.

Most illegal families do not become members of the community. They move around, living many to a small house, getting benefits if they have kids, send money home.

I saw our Head start become 90% illegals, I saw the schools flooded with non English speaking students putting a strain on teachers and the budget to find bilingual speakers. It got so bad the school sent notes home allowing parents to send kids to the next town to attend school. Tax money went for English as second language classes for Hispanics.

Health department and ER and maternity was flooded with non English speaking illegals.

Churches had to end their free food banks and clothing/furniture etc.
The number of auto accidents increased. I know several that were hit by illegals and of course no insurance and they never show up for court.
Court, backed up due to non English speaking defendants.
Jails overflowing.
DMV, OMG.

My brother was an officer so I know all about the crime and fake IDs.
Kids work construction-wage depression.

Don't have to watch the news when you live it.
I realize there are some families who do integrate into society and communities. I personally know a couple dreamers, a man from Peru and I have know a few illegals on a personal basis. As individuals they are all great people and I sympathize with their situation and circumstances by which they came to this country but that doesn't make illegal entry right or negate the fact the influx of illegals has been detrimental to our country and its citizens.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:42 AM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
The only nerve you struck is annoyance because you can't see the hypocrisy in your own statements.
No hypocrisy at all in my statements. You are using a straw man argument when it comes to making excuses for not bringing illegal aliens into your own home.

For someone who claims to care about illegals, you refuse to open your home to them. Time for you to admit to your straw man argument. Next step---stop talking the talk and start walking the walk

Old 05-16-2018, 11:43 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,284,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
You don't have to care, it's the equivalent of a child plugging their ears. Real things are happening whether you like them or not.
I said I don't care what Sessions says as again, can't stand the sight of him. I don't plug my ears and do know what happens.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You need to put the blame for such things where it belongs---and it belongs squarely on the parents who would put their child in such a situation.

How you could hold the parents blameless when the situation they are in was caused by them...wow...just...wow.
No kidding. Its like calling the country low because a 10 year old is afraid her parents might be arrested for selling meth.
Don't want to be separated from your children don't commit crimes.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:58 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

I don't hold their parents blameless overall, each situation is unique though. I am disgusted by the ugliness in this country right now. Sessions is only one example. I've seen first hand the torment these kids go through and yes I have helped make a couple of their lives a little easier with money, food and guidance.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:05 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
No kidding. Its like calling the country low because a 10 year old is afraid her parents might be arrested for selling meth.
Don't want to be separated from your children don't commit crimes.
Ever thought of the desperation the parents must be going through to come as a family, and knowing what might happen with their children being torn away from them, and yet still proceed?

My mother was a refugee after WW2. I know a bit about that.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:18 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
If puppy eyes is another takes for you to over look our laws then only thing I can say is good luck in life.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Ever thought of the desperation the parents must be going through to come as a family, and knowing what might happen with their children being torn away from them, and yet still proceed?

My mother was a refugee after WW2. I know a bit about that.
I know the difference in being a war refugee and intentionally using kids to cross the border illegally.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:22 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
If puppy eyes is another takes for you to over look our laws then only thing I can say is good luck in life.
Save the advice for yourself.

Most people who offer blanket statements of advice from personal observation most of the time don't follow their own advice.

Some laws are morally corrupt and most of us have enough sense to know it, but some sheep follow blindly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies