Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 01:02 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
This country was built by immigrants, probably your grandparents. It is what made us unique and great, that diversity.

But I am talking to a wall, right ?
Your kind can’t seem to grasp the concept of legal vs illegal. Try buying a dictionary or going online for help.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:05 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the thing is that they break our laws trying get here, and if they are caught at the border, they should be deported straight away back to where they come from. just like criminals, we need to stop coddling illegal aliens.
So you would be fine sending people back and possibly killed from the dangerous situations they escaped? They were only trying to protect their families by coming here. If we had a president with a heart, not to mention a brain, he or she would find a way to help them stay and contribute to our country.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:08 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Wasn't Obama's claim to high deportation rates due to his immediately turning people back at the border? Why are we wasting taxpayer money with endless time and paperwork when clearly someone is here illegally? If someone broke into your house, would the police insist he stay while they did a background check, wrote out the arrest docs, set bail, etc.?

One case I recall is a British lecturer who was given the wrong visa and when his plane landed, he was immediately denied entry and put on the next plane back. Why aren't we doing this for everyone?!

Central Americans go through an expensive detainment process while Mexican and Canadians are quickly turned away. This is thanks to Dianne Feinstein's 2008 bill. How does that even make sense?

Old 06-24-2018, 01:09 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Citizens have a right to due process
Visitors to USA have full rights of citizenship in their own country
Anyway got to go -headed for Mexico City -will be demanding free food -medical and housing when I get there
Wish me luck

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 06-24-2018 at 01:20 PM..

Old 06-24-2018, 01:09 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
The unintentional irony here is amusing

nothing unintentional with what i wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
So if your son or daughter wanders over the border without proof of citizenship or any identification, it's okay with you that she/he doesn't get due process to prove who they are? We just drive them deeper into Mexico and dump them off? No judge, no lawyer, no call to daddy for help? Don't you get it, Trump is refusing to hire more immigration judges so the system is artificially backlogged which is creating the so-called crisis at the border. Now he wants to take away due process to 'fix' it? It's very scary that people are so willing to give away something so basic to our system of laws.

first i have no children, thankfully. second if they are stupid enough to wander around without ID, and break the laws of a country, they get what they deserve.

and that is what YOU dont get. every time we coddle these illegal aliens that cross our borders and break our laws, that just encourages more to do the same thing. and that disrespects those that want to emigrate here legally and follow our laws. what would you do if someone broke into your house, and starting living with you? would you call the cops on them and have them removed? or would you sit them down, feed them, clothe them, give them a place to stay, give them money out of your pocket, and generally accept their illegal behavior?

Old 06-24-2018, 01:13 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,988 times
Trumps base believe we have an invasion of illegals because that is what he is incorrectly spewing at the moment. Using 'fear' to fire up the base for the mid-terms. The numbers don't add up. We have way less illegals trying to enter the country than we have before.
He is also including those seeking amnesty and using children for political reasons.
Deplorable an inhumane.
You guys can keep buying this rhetoric but, if you have a heart at all look at the numbers before you decide to deny due process.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:17 PM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Duplicate thread.

Sessions: Parents, children entering U.S. illegally will be separated MERGED

Old 06-24-2018, 01:18 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
How many times are we going to be presented with this ignorant argument to support allowing an invasion of ILLEGAL aliens into the country?
We have to assume at this point, that either a) they are just too stupid to really understand, or b) they are trolling.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:24 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
So if your son or daughter wanders over the border without proof of citizenship or any identification, it's okay with you that she/he doesn't get due process to prove who they are? We just drive them deeper into Mexico and dump them off? No judge, no lawyer, no call to daddy for help? Don't you get it, Trump is refusing to hire more immigration judges so the system is artificially backlogged which is creating the so-called crisis at the border. Now he wants to take away due process to 'fix' it? It's very scary that people are so willing to give away something so basic to our system of laws.
Yes. Let's go with the most far-fetched example we can come up with. I'd say you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than having this "situation" you've provided actually happening.

Old 06-24-2018, 01:29 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,886,522 times
Suspension of Due Process can be a slippery slope situation. I could see it's appeal to many US citizens who want a quick fix to our illegal immigration problem. Lots of emotions involved. The inherent problem is where does this all end up?

Trump has a lot of enemies he wants to shut up in the halls of Congress, the media and just plain ordinary people who dislike his policies and who will speak out. He likes to wield authority any way he can. Suspension of Due Process for American citizens not on the Trump bandwagon. It could happen given the polarization in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies