Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 10:46 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Separating mothers from their children is unadulterated pure Nazi bull-****.
When an American citizen gets separated from their family, no one cares. But when an illegal immigrant gets deported and separated from their family, some people get outraged.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:00 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
[/b][/b]
You have no idea what I want. It's not open borders or flooding the country - it's humane, decent treatment for the innocent, and these children are innocent by anyone's measure.

As for feeding and clothing and housing the needy, yes, I have done all three. Not these particular people, but orphans in Eastern Europe. My home is considerably off the beaten path for homeless refugees, but I try to help people in need when I have a way to do so. How about you?

I just today saw photos online of a studio apartment I recently financially helped a small Christian charity renovate for a young married couple, both orphanage "graduates", with three small children. Previously, their living conditions were terrible: cramped, shabby, run-down, broken utilities, bad wiring...all they could find and afford. Now, thanks to helping hands and their own labor, they have a clean, bright and functional home, with practical built-in furnishings. The young mother cried with joy at the fulfilling of a dream she had cherished, but had never expected to experience in reality.

I've sent multiple boxes of children's and teens' clothing to the same wonderful charity, which serves over 1,000 children living in ten different orphanages: socks, shoes, coats, sweaters, pajamas, and more.

Feeding the hungry? Yes, I've done that too, via my church's Missions Committee on which I have served for several years, as well as through local food banks and financial contributions.

So don't rush to judgement about me or other posters here about whom you know very little. I try to walk the walk as well as talk the talk.

After all, if others hadn't assisted my own refugee ancestors all those years ago, I'd be unlikely to be here today, so I'm passing it along.
Once again --- If they truly were in need of asylum, they would have applied in Mexico.

Do you donate your money to help those in Central America? Perhaps if you and others who are concerned did just that, they wouldn't have an excuse to leave their countries.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:08 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Separating mothers from their children is unadulterated pure Nazi bull-****. Your not recognizing that is pathetic! There is nothing about the Holocaust that as a Jewish person of Eastern European descent that I am not fully aware of, so go preach your condescending BS elsewhere.
Again pure nonsense.

Then you should be quite aware that what is happening now isn't even remotely like what happened in the Holocaust. When you make such comparisons, you disrespect those millions who died during that time and trivialize their experiences.

You know darn well that none of those illegal alien kids are going to concentration camps. You also know that illegal aliens don't have a right to be here and don't have a right to expect asylum. No one forced those illegal aliens to come here. You also know that Holocaust victims were citizens of the countries where they lived.

So go preach "your condescending BS elsewhere". Invoking Godwin's Law means you have no valid argument.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:08 PM

34,004 posts, read 17,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
When an American citizen gets separated from their family, no one cares. But when an illegal immigrant gets deported and separated from their family, some people get outraged.

Because illegal sympathizers hate Americans.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:10 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Just like the children of all criminals.

Drug dealers and murderers also have kids who no longer can be with them.

Breaking into USA illegally is a criminal offense, and adults are properly imprisoned for it.
ICE is separating the children from REFUGEE claimants. Do you support that?

Old 05-26-2018, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The kids are as young as 53 weeks old, 18 months old, ...

People who present themselves seeking asylum have their kids taken away from them.

They don't know where their children are for days, weeks, months.

How can anybody support this?

Easy. They voted and support the orange one.

80 years ago, in another place, they would have supported the guy with a funny mustache. It makes them feel good.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
They shouldn’t have came here illegally. Poor decisions have consequences. Add to that Adam Schiffnis a complete moron I suspect there is a bit of liberal mental manipulation of weak minded liberals drones.
Asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants. You understand the difference right? Do you care????

Old 05-26-2018, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
ICE is separating the children from REFUGEE claimants. Do you support that?
Until recognized as official refugees by the US government, yes I do.

If the US government recognizes them officially as refugees, at that time, the parents should be reunited with the children. If not, deport them.

But a claimant-anyone can file a claim. It proves squat.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants. You understand the difference right? Do you care????
Asylum should be sought from ones home country. You enter w/o being legally authorized to come, you are, at that time, an illegal alien.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:36 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Asylum should be sought from ones home country. You enter w/o being legally authorized to come, you are, at that time, an illegal alien.
So no, you DON'T know how it works, or the difference.

One has to make it to the USA in order to file for asylum.

https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/r...-asylum/asylum
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies