Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select one
I am a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 69 20.29%
I am a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 80 23.53%
I am not a Christian. I support separating children from their parents at the border 59 17.35%
I am not a Christian. I do not support separating children from their parents at the border 132 38.82%
Voters: 340. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 01:41 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The vast majority of them. Fun fact, there are several international treaties and agreements that discuss that the family unit shouldn't be seperated. Some examples? Article 11 section 2 of the American convention (we are not a signatory)
Some educational reading on this topic:
https://scholarship.law.berkeley.edu...9&context=bjil
One of the founding principles of the US was to resist efforts to entangle us in international law and other such obligations.

Moreover, the EU leaders, who are arguably the foremost promoters and keepers of the Europe-born international law, just came out to celebrate Karl Marx's teachings and herald his "birthday" (contrary to their belief he doesn't have any more "birthdays" any more than other dead matter does).

As would occur if the major government entity promoting international law came out to speak out in favor of systems that have led to race based mass extermination events, these leaders have given the sane world a valid reason to pause and consider the entirety of their beliefs and the vehicles for them.

In other words you may wish to consider that for people who are under suspicion for wanting to undermine this nation's existence, as defined by its effective borders and immigration control system, it is a bad idea to cite inherently cross-border "law", in the context of a border issue, that was always inherently when not overtly controversial whenever it has been attempted to be applied to the USA.

This tack only puts your motivations under greater suspicion, as well as the justifications (int. law) that you are attempting to use to execute on them.

Quote:
It punishes both the parents.....and children.
In this nation, children are generally removed from the custody of parents who are under suspicion and investigation for illegal activity. In this case, either illegal immigration and/or lying to gain asylum.

Quote:
Let me repeat that for some of you-you are punishing children for their parents actions. What sort of monsters are you?
What sort of manipulative psychopath are you?

Old 05-08-2018, 01:42 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Ahhh ignorance. Let me help you. You are correct they don't have 50,000 a month. They have MORE. in 2015 for example the EU faced TWICE that on average. And FAR more of them were entire families. 1.2 million people applied for asylum in the EU in 2016.

Do you folks even try and comprehend the issue before making such claims?

And we CAN do things. We can hire more judges, we can put folks in family detention centers just as we have done in the past, and we can make illegal immigration harder by enforcing mandatory e-verify, and passing laws about renting to illegals. Those are effective things.

But what we should not do is separate families. It costs more, and it punishes children and traumatizes them. These are the actions of a country that doesn't represent American values. Its immoral and will cost us more money. People should be ashamed of their desire to traumatize children.

For some reason, many here this is just A-OK to seperate children from their parents. These are not human beings I would care to be with.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:44 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
This will make the red neck bigoted faction of Trump supporters really happy. The sick puppies they are.
People should be deterred from transporting children across several borders on an inherently dangerous journey. It's in the future interest of all such children to deter this behavior.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:45 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Abusing the asylum system isn't exactly legal, given the existence of lies within that abuse. US law enforcement has never taken kindly to those who take them as morons.

We'll see.

When open borders communists try to appeal to conservative values to exploit the better nature of their opponents to get their political way, this nation reaches its most putrid stink level.

"Give us what we want to better enable our political aims and reinforce our numbers, or you are hateful and afraid".

There's more of that psychopath level emotional manipulation again.

Arriving here in a caravan to apply for asylum was the pinnacle of stupidity in this situation. Everything else is a just reaction in order to protect the sanctity of this nation's immigration system from abusers and to deter further abuse; if only through application of regular procedure that the Left would like to see disregarded.
I wonder what this means. It's on the Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

People seem to have forgot.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:47 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Ahhh the old blame someone else for your actions argument.

We will spend money doing this. Seriously we will go from the parent supervising these kids in a family detention unit, to us having too. Its going to be expensive.

WE are choosing to do this to punish people who are not convicted of any crime yet. You can't get around this by blaming the parents.

We have a TON of other things we could do. This is immoral. Im ashamed that other Americans think this is how our country should behave. Punishing kids for their parents actions in order to punish the parents. Thats what we are doing. And its wrong. Its deeply wrong.
And we have been doing them and it hasn't been working.

And yes, its the parents who bring their children over the border illegally so they are at fault. Often it not even the parents who bring children in tow.

I don't know if the numbers are correct but I read this policy has already shown a 64% decrease in those trying to cross the border. So that's 64% less people that will have to be detained or cared for.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:48 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
People should be deterred from transporting children across several borders on an inherently dangerous journey. It's in the future interest of all such children to deter this behavior.
Cool. Do this by punishing the parents, not the children. But the "inherently dangerous" journey you mention? Just how do you think most families get here? Yes some DO go the route you are discussing, but I doubt its a majority. Its FAR easier to just come visit and overstay your visa then it is to attempt a illegal crossing with your family.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:48 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

we don't let statue plaques dictate policy. people seem to have forgotten that.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:53 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And we have been doing them and it hasn't been working.
Really? Mandatory everify? Jailing those who employ them? Making laws about not renting to them?

Bull. We're not even enforcing the laws we have on employers of illegals.

Quote:
And yes, its the parents who bring their children over the border illegally so they are at fault. Often it not even the parents who bring children in tow.
Again, if we are choosing to spend more money to do this-its on us.

Quote:
I don't know if the numbers are correct but I read this policy has already shown a 64% decrease in those trying to cross the border. So that's 64% less people that will have to be detained or cared for.
Really in just the couple days since announced? Your number is bull poo.

We have seen a decrease in crossings due to a better economy south of us (heck they even have universal healthcare now). More people are leaving then are arriving-and that has been true since Obamas presidency!

Trying to justify the unjustifiable. Nice.

America-Our country is so cruel it traumatizes children to punish adults who have not been convicted of a crime, but hey look at this made up statistic to justify it!

Old 05-08-2018, 01:53 PM

89,002 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Cool. Do this by punishing the parents, not the children.
They're smuggling children. That's an international crime. Of course, the children are going to be taken from them.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:54 PM

36,522 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

Did you forget that the passage of the Immigrant Quota Act of 1921 and the National Origins Act of 1924, limited the number and nationality of immigrants allowed into the United States, effectively ended the era of mass immigration into New York.
And I will clarify legal immigration.
It never meant we will take anyone and everyone forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies