Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 07:14 PM

57,268 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Why? Does Iran have nukes? I thought that Obama and Kerry made sure that didn't happen. I mean wasn't that a big part of the Iran bribe, err I mean deal?
I hope Trump doesn't get us into another Iraq or Afghanistan. That said, I also hope that he doesn't pull an Obama and try to bribe Iran into a friendship.
They don't have nuclear capability, worry about NK.

So if Trump pulls out of the deal what next, I don't think that he is even stupid enough to withdraw.
I think it is a big bluff, he will have a press conference and complain about the deal and then approve.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:16 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
My bet is you are completely wrong. I hope he scraps the whole thing.
You may want to Google what is meant by P5+1.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:21 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They don't have nuclear capability, worry about NK.

So if Trump pulls out of the deal what next, I don't think that he is even stupid enough to withdraw.
I think it is a big bluff, he will have a press conference and complain about the deal and then approve.
I hope he doesn't pull out. After all we bought and paid for that deal. You can't undo it. Maybe renegotiate it, but to what end.
Iran hates us for a reason. Best case scenario is stop giving them more reasons to hate us.

Kerry needs to cut the crap also. Unless he is speaking to Iran at the request of the current Administration, he is only complicating things and undermine efforts that none of us are privy too. I can only imagine the cat fight from the Obama Admin if Rice pulled that same stunt on Hillary or Kerry. Like her or hate her, Ms. Rice had the class to stay out of the Obama's admins business.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onefiftyisanumber View Post
I dreamt once there was a nuclear war. I was very scared in my dream.
I dreamt once that there was someone in my house. I was very scared in my dream. Then I woke up and realized that it was but a bad dream.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:23 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Trump will likely do so, but it has nothing to do with the actual deal. Trump doesn’t understand anything about the deal anyway because he can’t grasp policy. He does what Israel and Bolton tells him to do. And Trump will likely dump it mostly to get his legal troubles off the news.

Trump can’t even find Iran on a map, let alone craft a policy concerning it.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I hope he doesn't pull out. After all we bought and paid for that deal. You can't undo it. Maybe renegotiate it, but to what end.
Iran hates us for a reason. Best case scenario is stop giving them more reasons to hate us.

Kerry needs to cut the crap also. Unless he is speaking to Iran at the request of the current Administration, he is only complicating things and undermine efforts that none of us are privy too. I can only imagine the cat fight from the Obama Admin if Rice pulled that same stunt on Hillary or Kerry. Like her or hate her, Ms. Rice had the class to stay out of the Obama's admins business.
Kerry needs to do everything he can to undermine Trump’s efforts to scuttle the deal. Anything to keep us from going to war is fine with me.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:26 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
...Trump needs this Stormi Daniels thing off the front page. He needs to get the press away from Giuliani, Avenatti, and Mueller. And what’s the best way to change the narrative for a sustained period?

Dump the Iran deal. That’s the only way. I’m sure Bolton and the rest of his administration myrmidons are telling him the same thing. Trump's decision will have nothing to do with actual policy.

This is why presidents who have affairs can be dangerous in office. The Republicans made this same case with Clinton. Of course, they now have amnesia.
The due date is Friday. What does a few days do? You're just looking for another excuse to attack Trump.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Trump will likely do so, but it has nothing to do with the actual deal. Trump doesn’t understand anything about the deal anyway because he can’t grasp policy. He does what Israel and Bolton tells him to do. And Trump will likely dump it mostly to get his legal troubles off the news.

Trump can’t even find Iran on a map, let alone craft a policy concerning it.
Oddly enough I tend to agree with you on this one.
The Iran deal was a wish list come true for Iran and did little for the US. That said, we bought and paid for it already. It isn't something that stands in our way of our national focus. It was just a very expensive gift to Iran. Iran has legitimate reasons for hating the US Government. After all we are responsible for the Shah of Iran, we backed him, supported him and gave him sanctuary, even though he made Saddam seem pretty fair.

Old 05-07-2018, 07:29 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
Quote:
I hope you don't gamble

Old 05-07-2018, 07:32 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
In or out of the deal doesn't matter much. What matters are the sanctions. We can and do have sanctions now. In fact, their currency is down 50% in a matter of months even with the deal in place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies