Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2018, 11:08 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,571,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The black kid was sleeping in a common area. The white kid flipped on the lights, saw her asleep, and said "You're not supposed to be sleeping here. I'm going to call the police."

It was over sleeping in the common area, not being black in it. Don't know if there's a rule against napping in there.

Then we get to this...

Reaffirms the student taking issue with the black kid sleeping in the common area.

If it's a rule the girl should have went to the RA and reported the sleeping student. Confronting her was not wise.

The student who called the cops handled it badly but this much I can guarantee you having worked on a college campus in terms of security: if a campus police officer asks you to produce an ID you have to do it as you CONSENTED to those terms as part of your admissions.
at my university, the engineering building was 24/7... some students saved sleeping bags in some of the labs during senior design.

also in other buildings you would see students napping in the couch chairs in the student center or libary [sic].

i wasnt there; but, i'll go out on a limb and presume that the caucasion student wouldve felt safer if she discovered a fellow caucasion student taking a nap -- thus no police. and if the police were called they would probably not further harass over a typo on an i.d.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 12:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
at my university, the engineering building was 24/7... some students saved sleeping bags in some of the labs during senior design.

also in other buildings you would see students napping in the couch chairs in the student center or libary [sic].

i wasnt there; but, i'll go out on a limb and presume that the caucasion student wouldve felt safer if she discovered a fellow caucasion student taking a nap -- thus no police. and if the police were called they would probably not further harass over a typo on an i.d.
I disagree but all either of us has is speculation.

The typo on the I.D. is a CYA move on part of campus police, IMO.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:27 PM

1,704 posts, read 749,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Oh please, you have no clue whether or not she was racist. So every time the police are called on a black person it is racist?
Yeah!

For the most part, that's been my experience!

Old 05-12-2018, 12:30 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,094,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Yeah!

Good grief, how many times have you had the police called on you?

Old 05-12-2018, 01:26 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,277,582 times
Awesome! A mentally unstable woman calls the police for no reason, a black woman claims racial profiling because of badly trained cops, and CNN runs with it with it.

Where have I seen this before?

Old 05-12-2018, 01:27 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,277,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
Yeah!

What is the definition of racism and how does it pertain to what happened here?

Old 05-12-2018, 01:56 PM

6,639 posts, read 4,571,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This is the how many in the past month or so?

Sounding less and less like a generalization.

Let’s recap shall we?
Starbucks
CSU
AirBNB
Yale

And likely Nordstrom.

I’ve little doubt now that this is a daily occurrence. We just don’t hear about it every time.
the occurances are the same frequency. just that 20 years ago we didnt have cellular-telefones, instantaneous web-streaming, social-networking, city-data internet-forums, ... so it just seems like a new phenomenon.

Old 05-12-2018, 02:08 PM

331 posts, read 207,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post

Really? I went to a big university and never saw people sleeping in the library. It’s odd. I would have called the police too. There’s a lot of crazy homeless people who sleep in public and get violent. She made the correct choice in letting the cops deal with it

Old 05-12-2018, 02:42 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,225,598 times
Quote:
The 34-year-old grad student in African studies
I'm more upset about the fact that she's there getting a useless degree, and probably going into debt for it.

Come on black people.

Old 05-12-2018, 02:51 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,225,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Yale needs to expel the racist trash who harassed this innocent student.
Well a complaint was filed against her. So she's getting a taste of her own medicine. Something is going to happen to her because it wasn't the first time she called the police on somebody black at Yale that was minding their business.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/11/us/ya...sch/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies