Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2018, 10:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
We are engaged in killing terrorists.
Killing terrorists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunduz_hospital_airstrike

There is also no such thing as people defending their own country being terrorists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2018, 03:21 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Welcome to Amerika where God will be force fed down your throat.

Old 05-12-2018, 09:19 PM

2,309 posts, read 901,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Republicans are all about forcing fundamentalist Christianity on everyone at gunpoint. There is little difference between Republican Baptist "Bible Law" and Islamic Sharia Law.

It would be nice if we could actually one day have a secular government that offered equal freedom and opportunity for all. Republicans talk about small government but they only want that when it aligns with their religious agenda. Republicans want to control everyone's bedrooms, beliefs, and vices yet want the free market to handle healthcare, education, poverty, etc. I'm sick of it
Dude, it's the state motto and the national motto as well. We have something similar in my state of Florida, only we have the option of choosing "in God we trust", "the Sunshine State", or the county we live in. Why are you so upset? Do ypu even pay attention to license plates?

Old 05-12-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Since we have been blowing their cities up, killing their women and children for decades now, how can you blame them? We would be no different.
They've been doing it to other countries centuries before we ever came to the picture. We MAY have antagonized the situation, but we certainly didn't started it.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:53 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Plenty of moderate and progressive Muslims of course that doesn't fit the narrative. Also interesting how you single out Muslims when plenty of Christians in the United States would do the very same thing and they actually have political and economic power. If you are honestly worried about religious takeovers of the government and not just bigoted against Muslims you should look at many hardline American Christians.
The United States is traditionally a mostly Christian country. Personally, I would prefer it if this country were more secular or deist. Nonetheless, we have far more freedoms in this country than in Islamic countries.

I am fine with having some moderate Muslims. But I am not interested in seeing a large percentage of America becoming Muslim. Islam may work for Iran or Saudi Arabia. But it is not compatible with western society and values.

Old 05-13-2018, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
They've been doing it to other countries centuries before we ever came to the picture. We MAY have antagonized the situation, but we certainly didn't started it.
They have been at war with each other for a long time. How is that our fault and how has our involvement done anything other than kill tens of thousands of innocent individuals?

Old 05-13-2018, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The United States is traditionally a mostly Christian country. Personally, I would prefer it if this country were more secular or deist. Nonetheless, we have far more freedoms in this country than in Islamic countries.

I am fine with having some moderate Muslims. But I am not interested in seeing a large percentage of America becoming Muslim. Islam may work for Iran or Saudi Arabia. But it is not compatible with western society and values.
You don't get to determine what people will be. Maybe we should start beheading the heathens?

Old 05-13-2018, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They have been at war with each other for a long time. How is that our fault and how has our involvement done anything other than kill tens of thousands of innocent individuals?
That's a topic for another thread. I personally think a lot of the wars we fought in the Middle East were none of our business.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
That's a topic for another thread. I personally think a lot of the wars we fought in the Middle East were none of our business.
So quit defending them.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So Trump supporters think Muslims cannot be American?

Muhammed Ali, Dr. Oz and Shaq are just a few famous Muslims.
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/fam...m-celebrities/

More than 5000 military are Muslim
https://abcnews.go.com/US/5000-musli...ry?id=35654904

Those 5000 Muslims are serving in the military when Trump took four deferments and then claimed bone spurs.

So who is the real American?

In 1789, the Moors were put on boats , or killed.
It was not part of the original plan, to have Satan and constant evil among us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies