Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 09:56 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 21 days ago)

27,631 posts, read 16,115,213 times

Advertisements

Wow, a McClatchy newspaper runs a hit piece on Trump. Color me shocked. Does it help you all to search out vindication for your deep seated seething unreasonable hatred?

Old 05-12-2018, 09:57 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
He’s a registered Democrat. Color me skeptical.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:14 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
He also says that it's hard, hot work, which most Americans won't do. Just like most Americans won't go out into the fields and pick vegetables. Same problem.
Who knows, he might have believed Trump's claims of 30-40% unemployment.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:21 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,208,776 times
I'm a Trump supporter and he's not throwing me under the bus. I mow my own yard.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:27 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,115,724 times
His downfall was voting in the first place. Why anyone believes the government has the interest of the individual in mind is mind-numbing.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:44 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,324,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Hire Americans and you won't have this problem. That goes for Trump and his golf courses as well.
Maybe; but too many snowflakes are expecting too many dollars, too little effort to get them. Devine (the employer in the OP) probably understands this, and knows that "cracking the whip" is going to make life a little rougher for a while, but he'll survive.

I'm not so sure about some of the folks in LeftyLand.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 05-12-2018 at 11:28 AM..

Old 05-12-2018, 10:55 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Maybe; but too many snowflakes are expecting too many dollars, too little effort to get them. Devine (the employer in the OP) probably understands this, and knows that "cracking the whip" is going to make life a little rougher for a while, but he'll survive.
I'm not so sure about some of the folks in LeftyLand.
I've read quite a few books on Frick - the most famous union buster and tough guy of all time (ran Carnegie Steel and his own coke company, etc.)...

Virtually NONE of the thousands - and then tens of thousands - of workers were able to make a real life for themselves. He made sure they were responsible for any misery (if the price of steel went down, the workers made 1/3 of what they formerly made), but when the price went up, up, up the workers didn't see any of it.

But he did open a nice art Museum in NYC you can visit.

By any measure, Leftyland is making higher wages and better bennies. MA - probably #1 in this dept, has health care for all and the highest (or close) incomes in the USA...

It's not lefty land that concerns we with bleeding hearts. It's our brothers and sisters in other areas.

Oh, BTW, neither Frick nor Carnegie or the other made their home where they chit. They lived in splendor in NYC and Scotland and elsewhere. The two men came to blows (Andrew was "softer" and would have worked with labor, Frick not so much)...but near the end of life, Carnegie sent a note a few blocks away to Frick in NYC saying the two should let bygones be bygones and meet (after all, both were billionaires by the standards of today, Carnegie making Frick one).

Frick tore up the note and told the Messenger "Tell Andrew I'll meet him where we are both headed - IN HELL".....so it appears even the Master of the Universe knew the ethics involved in his life.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:56 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,219,550 times
There are barely any restrictions in place. I am disappointed Trump hasn't really gone after foreign workers yet. This guy must have been running a sweatshop.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:36 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,324,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I've read quite a few books on Frick - the most famous union buster and tough guy of all time (ran Carnegie Steel and his own coke company, etc.)...

Virtually NONE of the thousands - and then tens of thousands - of workers were able to make a real life for themselves. He made sure they were responsible for any misery (if the price of steel went down, the workers made 1/3 of what they formerly made), but when the price went up, up, up the workers didn't see any of it.

But he did open a nice art Museum in NYC you can visit.

By any measure, Leftyland is making higher wages and better bennies. MA - probably #1 in this dept, has health care for all and the highest (or close) incomes in the USA...

It's not lefty land that concerns we with bleeding hearts. It's our brothers and sisters in other areas.

Oh, BTW, neither Frick nor Carnegie or the other made their home where they chit. They lived in splendor in NYC and Scotland and elsewhere. The two men came to blows (Andrew was "softer" and would have worked with labor, Frick not so much)...but near the end of life, Carnegie sent a note a few blocks away to Frick in NYC saying the two should let bygones be bygones and meet (after all, both were billionaires by the standards of today, Carnegie making Frick one).

Frick tore up the note and told the Messenger "Tell Andrew I'll meet him where we are both headed - IN HELL".....so it appears even the Master of the Universe knew the ethics involved in his life.
In Frick's time, anyone who wanted to escape industrial drudgery had an option -- the could go back to enslavement to the land as a homesteader. Most of them turned down that option, because as bad as things were, it was better than anything they knew before, and it was steadily getting better.

And not because of political interference, but because the development of mass production, mass distribution, and mass communication was making individual lives more valuable, and increasing everybody's knowledge and options. But you will never get the Lefties and their gullible following to understand, or admit this.

Old 05-12-2018, 12:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
Hire Americans and you won't have this problem. That goes for Trump and his golf courses as well.
Okay. So when is Trump gonna do it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
The best irony is that the ones who feel stupid for being duped are, in fact, the smartest of all Trump’s marks.
LMAO...”marks.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Good. You should feel stupid.
He’s so stupid, that I feel stupid for his stupidity!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
He’s a registered Democrat. Color me skeptical.
Hey, weren’t you Trumpers running around bragging about how you’ve converted all of these Democrats to the Trump Revolution?

Oh, but NOW you’re skeptical?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies