Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 11:30 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,308,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I would guess that 9 out of every threads on reparations are started by white conservatives just wanting to stir the pot. If for some reason, they’re not angry or afraid enough at that very moment, they can always bring up reparations.
Being robbed at gunpoint has become comfortable for you.

Uncle Sam says "Mission Accomplished!"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 11:40 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,789,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
damn right. i want my 100 acres. but it's only fair that those that lost their lives, or property, to abolish slavery - get the same. i mean after all they lost their lives -- husbands / fathers / sons that never returned home.
LOL - FYI - black people also fought in the Civil War and even lobbied (HEAVILY) to have the opportunity to do so and many died and were killed. I have identified over 20 of my own ancestors who were black who fought in the Civil War - blacks had a very high participation rate of service. Five of my relatives actually came down from Canada to fight in the war to help free black people from slavery - they had never been slaves either.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:43 AM

13,853 posts, read 5,567,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Well after slavery ended you did promise black folk 40 acres & a mule and you couldn't even do that !
A military general (Sherman) issued a field order concerning specific land in coastal South Carolina, and it applied only to the 40,000 blacks that were under the admin of his army, as in, he gave that field order to rid himself of the HR headaches 40,000 blacks were causing his army. And later that same year (1865) General Sherman's superior in the chain of command - President Jackson - overturned that field order and gave that land back to the rightful owners, since Serman never had authority to give it away in the first place.

That's as far and wide as that "promise of 40 acres and a mule" ever went. One local region concerning one local population under one guy's control, and he issued an order his boss invalidated within the same calendar year, and at no point did that "promise" represent anything resembling the will of the people, their Congress, etc...it was one military officer's attempt to shed some unwanted admin headaches...period.

That people think it represented an official reparations policy instituted via due process and all that? LOL.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:44 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,410,278 times
Marijuana reparations? Are they insane?

Just what black folks need, reparations in the form of marijuana trade to keep them drugged up and stupid forever.

Who thinks of this s#hit?

Old 05-14-2018, 11:46 AM

13,853 posts, read 5,567,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
The white folks who promised that no longer exist.
One person "promised" it in exactly one very localized place and for a very small subset of blacks that were specifically under his administration, and his boss invalidated his "promise" that same year because that person had no authority to make such a "promise."

Old 05-14-2018, 11:47 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,083,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
So for the people here who pooh-pooh what's going on in South Africa, make no mistake about it, this will be coming to America. It might not be in this generation but it will be happening here, you can bet on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCsKt5fEBs
Well, since it's Killer Mike and he represents every black person in America...

It must really suck to live in fear 24/7.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,469,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Basically that's the way it goes.

So? You guys called Bush and McCain and Romney "Hitler" but now you love all of them. And you also all were apologists for Bill Clinton's predatory behavior but now your "me too" movement has him painted as a sexual predator.

As if republicans are the only ones who play that game.

Exactly. This is exactly the way I see it - there is so much to indicate that down the road, this new generation has been so poisoned by Bolshevik public school trash they are all nutters at this point. It's very plausible to think this is going to happen.

Please stop generalizing. I never referred to Bush, McCain OR Romney as Hitler. Perhaps your mind is playing tricks on you.

NOR did I ever, EVER vote for Bill Clinton. Take your whataboutisms somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
or not. this will morph into black lives matter soon and both issues will be promoted by Dems for the election to buy votes. Dem politics 101.
A month ago - ya'll loved this guy because he supports the NRA. Suddenly, he's a member of BLM.

Lastly, if anyone even listened - he's talking about reparations from the DRUG WAR where crack addicts were jailed for life and now that poor whites are addicted to opiods and heroin - it's all about 'treatment facilities'.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:52 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,936,764 times
This type of "reparations" talk is a gift to the ruling economic elite of America. How on earth do you expect people to come around to the idea of fulfilling Franklin D Roosevelt's promise of a proper public safety net for all Americans if we have big support for such extremely divisive rhetoric and measures like this guy talks about? Do people just want to feel good or do people actually want to see the working class of America prosper, regardless of skin color?

Old 05-14-2018, 12:11 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,065,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Both Affirmative Action and "welfare" primarily beneift white people lol.
Blacks make up around 12 percent of the population and are about 30 percent of welfare recipients.

Old 05-14-2018, 12:13 PM

21,429 posts, read 10,512,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Marijuana reparations? Are they insane?

Just what black folks need, reparations in the form of marijuana trade to keep them drugged up and stupid forever.

Who thinks of this s#hit?
Apparently, actresses running for governor of New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies