Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2018, 07:54 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,425,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Sociopath
Those are the people that kill them. You don’t know what Gaza is like do you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 08:09 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
I don't think it has to do with whether or not Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.
It has to do with the international consensus that the embassies should stay in Tel Aviv as long as the Middle East conflict is not resolved.
I don't see a reason why in the end Jerusalem shouldn't be the capital of all three religions as well as both a Palestinian and Israeli state, or a joint new country.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:10 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
I'm not opposed to moving the embassy to Jerusalem but I do think the move should have been part of package deal where Israel made concessions on settlements in the West Bank. Trump's having two Christian fundamentalist bigots (both are on the record of saying Jews will go to hell) pray at the ceremony makes me think this was more about winning Religious Right votes rather than helping Israel. The deaths and injuries are sad but that was a staged event where people were doing things because they wanted to be shot and thus martyred. Israel can't sit by while people with violent intentions climb into their nation.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:15 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
There is no prophecy, there never was prophecy, there will never be prophecy. This is utter irrational mystical nonsense. Keep this stuff to yourself, it's an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment that a human mind in 2018 can combine the letters of the alphabet into the words that are contained in this utterly banal post.

Now, what is the leading cause of Palestinian misery? Palestinian mystical irrationality. To form marauding gangs and attempt to violently invade a country and do harm to its residents because you don't like the location of a government building means you are asking to be shot. There is no other way to stop rolling bands of brigands. So the death toll is a suicide toll.

No, what is an "absolute disgrace" is that someone who poses as an intelligent man can deny the very existence of words that are contained within the best selling book of all time.

Note well, I didn't say anything at all about whether or not those words are true predictions of the future (as of when they were written) or nothing more than imaginative fiction. Or whether these words were spoken by Almighty God or by some seriously deluded human authors. That's an entirely separate issue. But to deny the very existence of these prophecies is, indeed, an "embarrassment."

EDIT to add that I agree with your second paragraph.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:15 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Then why the need to wall off a section of the country where a minority is trying to live?
Please tell me what what you do if a percentage or minority of your population made it it's goal and purpose in life to kill as many people as possible by stabbing people randomly including woman and children in the street going shopping, riding public transportation and going about their daily lives? What would you do with them?

Old 05-15-2018, 08:18 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
What kind of leadership condones shooting unarmed people, killing or seriously wounding them for life, with explosive bullets?

The kind of leadership that has enough clarity of vision to understand what those "unarmed people" were attempting to do: breach the security barrier and stage an invasion of their country and bring harm to their citizens.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:21 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Israel can't sit by while people with violent intentions climb into their nation.
That is kind of absurd in the case of Israel as it keeps parts of other countries occupied, which violates international law. Not even in a war is it allowed to extend one's territory. Why would people recognize the borders of a country that doesn't recognize the borders of other countries?

Just today there was news on the new bridge connecting Crimea to Russia. I don't get why the West made such a fuss about that annexation when it looks away in Israel...

Old 05-15-2018, 08:25 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Those are the people that kill them. You don’t know what Gaza is like do you.
I'm sorry, didn't know you live in Gaza.

Homo Sapiens have been killing their young since the day of their natural existence of life on this planet. Using them during a time of conflict to be killed effects those with a conscience and is yet another type of physiological maneuvering by the opponent of the war. Its what I call dirty pool. And yes it is the sociopath that is playing dirty with no remorse on their part of any kind.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:29 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I don't think it has to do with whether or not Jerusalem is the capital of Israel.
It has to do with the international consensus that the embassies should stay in Tel Aviv as long as the Middle East conflict is not resolved.
I don't see a reason why in the end Jerusalem shouldn't be the capital of all three religions as well as both a Palestinian and Israeli state, or a joint new country.
That would be like saying that the confederates and the union could have coexisted. Religion is the excuse, not the reason.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:32 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
Conditions in Gaza are awful. With that said, most of the problems can be attributed to Hamas and the Palestinian government's lack of leadership and willingness to detente with Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies