Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 09:36 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,468,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Actually no.

Actually HELL no. I have NEVER seen a response more than 1 sentence always followed by a link to some juvenile link from grade school humor.com. Cant ever debate anyone
A picture is worth a 1000 words and Old Gringo speaks with eloquent precision. He has essentially trademarked his style here on CD and could never be replaced. This place would suffer greatly without his light-hearted approach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 09:43 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,820,869 times
Oh by the way my foot hurts...guess it's his fault also.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:43 PM

78,318 posts, read 60,504,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Plus in Cali they were saying that the cost of fuel increases when they have to change the blends from summer to winter and then from winter to summer. I think their excuses are all horse chit though.
When gas prices go down, nobody posts.

When gas prices go up? Conspiracy.

Been like that around here for 20 years.

P.S. CA has very high gas taxes which actually just increased for 2018.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:44 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,278,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Remember when the GOP constantly lambasted Obama for gas prices that increased? Well, what goes around comes around. Thank you Mr. President for raising my gas prices due to your policies. If you can dish it out whenever gas prices increase you can sure as heck take it too.
The global economy is a volatile and complex entity. Each country brings their own values and history to the table. Are temporary bumps in history part fo growth? We survived the 1973 oil crisis when prices jumped up around 400%. Since then their have been many economic booms. This is all part of the game that not one POTUS can take credit for.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,516,518 times
Talking PLEASE give me "credibility"

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
You do realize that by showing the Presidents name like that you loose all credibility.
Kinda grates on ya, doesn't it...

Concern yourself with tRump's lack of credibility.

Carry on.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:43 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,516,518 times
Quote:
Actually no.

Actually HELL no. I have NEVER seen a response more than 1 sentence always followed by a link to some juvenile link from grade school humor.com.
You're upset.
Quote:
Cant ever debate anyone
Try me.

It's your move.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:46 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,013,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Remember that my Republican countrymen. If Trump can break important international agreements just because he feels like it, then the Dems can break every norm and everything you guys achieve too.
A treaty of this magnitude that does not go through the Senate is not the norm, nor is signing one when there is clear opposition to it including your own party.

If Trump is able to make a deal with NK that addresses all of the major concerns of the US he will be able to bring it to the Senate and it will pass, it will be set in stone.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:56 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,358,386 times
Quote:
Yawn...if thats the only thing you worry about blaming Trump for, then go right ahead
I remember filling my tank with $1.21/gal gasoline back in 1981.

Gas was actually expensive then.

It's not now.

Gasoline Price History

Old 05-15-2018, 05:57 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,204,717 times
Trumps actions are what is currently causing the spike in oil prices. Coalman put a great chart up a couple of pages back.

Trump and his geopolitical failures are causing increases in the oil markets. He is making sure the Russians and Saudis have more of our money. Those are all speculative and are not based on supply and demand.

Maybe the speculative markets will stop being gambling pits for Wall Street when states open up legalized gambling.

Old 05-15-2018, 06:11 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,661,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

If Trump is able to make a deal with NK that addresses all of the major concerns of the US he will be able to bring it to the Senate and it will pass, it will be set in stone.
I really doubt appeasement will pass the US Congress.
The free world has spent 80 years mocking Chamberlain for his "deal" with Hitler - wasn't that "peace in our time" or something like that?

Just having a POTUS talk to a murdering dictator - who, even worse (killing his family members is OK with me, so I'll excuse that murder part), starves his people purposely and puts them into slave labor camps.

I mean - what is this guy gonna do? Say "Hey, I've been wrong all these years and those millions my family starved and killed....well, look at this smile?"

I don't see it. We've made deals with him before and he broke every one...

Now, I place much more importance on deals he might make with the Chinese or Russians. But, assuming you don't play checkers like Trump, any fool can see that they will eventually be part of the alliance which is our adversaries. After all, we dropped out the TPP, right? So China and Russia will get to "own" all of Asia and all of the future - and Russia will end up controlling (one way or another) vast parts of Eastern Europe and maybe even the former Persia (Iran, etc.)...

At that point we'll have to settle for the dictator Duerte as our sole ally. Maybe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies