Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 09:31 PM

29,209 posts, read 22,319,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Because having things fail gives them power. They are hoping for disaster after disaster for America as long as Trump is President.
Nah. The Trumpettes are just looking for something new to feed their fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2018, 09:34 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,418,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Trump IS a liberal.
That may be true but his policies are distinctly Conservative (or however conservative is described in this country).

Old 05-15-2018, 09:35 PM

56,989 posts, read 35,159,743 times
We applaud the economy. We also know that Trump can’t be credited for it.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:40 AM

37,946 posts, read 17,836,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
That may be true but his policies are distinctly Conservative (or however conservative is described in this country).
lmao You call his policies conservative and in the very same sentence you say "however conservative is described in this country". Since you don't know that conservative means smaller government why in the world are you commenting on it?

btw his policies are not distinctly conservative and I know what it means. Raising the already out of control spending is a progressive policies. That's his worst flip flop so far. That and Nation building are not small government.
Keep making things up.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,270,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
The liberals are scared to death. If Trump does well they fail!
How do you figure?

Old 05-16-2018, 06:45 AM

37,946 posts, read 17,836,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Because the Federal government creates debt not jobs. They can stay out of the way, that helps.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:06 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,418,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lmao You call his policies conservative and in the very same sentence you say "however conservative is described in this country". Since you don't know that conservative means smaller government why in the world are you commenting on it?

btw his policies are not distinctly conservative and I know what it means. Raising the already out of control spending is a progressive policies. That's his worst flip flop so far. That and Nation building are not small government.
Keep making things up.
That’s not true at all. Conservative traditionally means supporting established institutions and fighting against changes to the system.

Conservatives in America have always (from Reagan to before) supported foreign policy and military initiatives to the max, guarded the economic controllers (Wall Street, etc.) and fought for right wing social policies.

They were never small government.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:33 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,206,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This. Presidents have very little to do with the economy.

Still, I can dislike Trump (and I do) and not want the county to falter just to prove some point.

Trump is not the USA.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:38 AM

27,504 posts, read 28,586,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Why do the liberals want the American economy to fail?
Because they want Trump to fail, plain and simple.

They realize that impeaching Trump is a lost cause.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:39 AM

13,682 posts, read 8,994,680 times
All people of good will are glad to see the economy roar along.

What some people objected to was simple: tax cuts are a tool used to stimulate a lackluster economy. When the recent tax cuts were passed, the economy was not lackluster by any means. Some economists have opined that such a stimulus was wasted, for it left few arrows in the quiver should a downturn occur.

Some also objected to a tax cut that mainly benefited the wealthy and corporations.

If such is one's opinion of a liberal being 'furious', then I guess I will be part of that group. I thought the tax cut was ill-advised.

Let us peek at the National Debt clock:

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

I recall when conservatives were 'furious' over the increasing national debt. They have calmed down now, seemingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies