Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 08:50 AM

712 posts, read 555,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Seeing as how America is a celebration of diversity and, outside of Native Americans, we of us are immigrants, I don't believe that one person can represent this entire nation.

Donald Trump certainly does not embody everything great about this country. I mean, unless you consider multiple extramarital affairs, insulting your political opponents, name-calling, and grabbing women by the ***** to be representative of what's best about America.
Let that go, most of us have as we are judging him by his works now. That is the past. It isn't like he is the only President with questionable pasts?

I think President Trump is doing amazing, considering all those who want to destroy him. The tax bill that he passed helped my children so much. My sil got a $1000 bonus and took his family on a vacation. My son got a job because of him and is making a great income.

Why can't people concentrate on the good and leave the past in the past. I will vote for President Trump in 2020

Old 05-15-2018, 08:51 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Throw out the populated coastal metros for a bit. Donald Trump probably represents a majority of the people outside of those geographically small areas.
That's a pretty big deal to simply dismiss the coastal metros. They make up the majority of the jobs and wealth in this country.

When talking "coastal metros," if you were to disregard D.C., Baltimore, Phila, NYC/Jersey, Boston, Miami, San Diego, LA, SF, Seattle....that is a major bulk of the country's economy and population.

Much of the federal funding and assistance that goes to smaller, "flyover" American cities and states comes from taxes generated in coastal metros.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Maybe this is what America is all about. He is the real representation of Americans and what they really stand for. He is just realizing those ideas in some brutal ways, but the market loves it, and there is not much anyone or the Democrats can or seem to want to do about it.
The loud obnoxious American -- yeah it could be.

Americans have fought that image in other countries for years and it seems that we now embrace it.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:01 AM

32,101 posts, read 34,714,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Yea and we've got 3-4% growth
1Q17: 1.2%
2Q17: 3.1%
3Q17: 3.2%
4Q17: 2.9%
1Q18: 2.3%

Average: 2.54%

Not exactly sure where "3-4% growth" is coming from. Even excluding 1Q17, we only get 2.875%.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:06 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
So why exactly do you think you get to discount the opinions of roughly 55 million people?

I've never understood this argument. "If you remove California" "If you take out X city". After the recent State Supreme Court election in WI I saw someone argue "If you remove Madison and Milwaukee" well that's half the state population. Why do you think people in cities don't count? Just because we're not physically spread out means we're somehow not worthy? It makes zero sense.
group think is a thing. cram a bunch of people into a very small area and you get a result.

however, I don't think the rest of the country has to be held up by that.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:19 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't see what is so wrong about our President putting America first. Why would we want a President that supported everyone else's interest but our?

He puts white, straight, rural, Christian America first. Everyone else can go screw themselves. I guess that's why everyone loves him so much. People simply can't let go of their outrage about the social progressiveness of the Obama era and the fact that not everyone has to fall in line with a narrow vision of what it means to be a "real American" i.e. white, straight, fundamentalist Christian, etc.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:20 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
Quote:
Maybe this is what America is all about. He is the real representation of Americans and what they really stand for. He is just realizing those ideas in some brutal ways, but the market loves it, and there is not much anyone or the Democrats can or seem to want to do about it.
No.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:21 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
You must be completely ignorant about Trump's Alt-Right motivations, his Alt-Right staff, or his racist past.

Just look at what he is doing to our country with his racially polarizing comments and his insistence upon building a wall to separate Americans from Mexican "rapists", "drug dealers", and the few Mexicans that he ASSUMES "are good people"...

Then he refers to African countries as S***hole countries as he laments their refugees entry into our country, while he encourages the immigration of Europeans.
Interesting....
"Jesse Jackson praises and thanks Donald Trump for a lifetime of service to African Americans"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5lcART6TTE

Old 05-15-2018, 09:23 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Well, there is something uniquely selfish and cruel about many Americans, so in that respect maybe so.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:36 AM

125 posts, read 85,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
He puts white, straight, rural, Christian America first. Everyone else can go screw themselves. I guess that's why everyone loves him so much. People simply can't let go of their outrage about the social progressiveness of the Obama era and the fact that not everyone has to fall in line with a narrow vision of what it means to be a "real American" i.e. white, straight, fundamentalist Christian, etc.
You don’t care ANYTHING about being a “real American”. It’s easy to see by your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies