Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2018, 02:48 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times

Advertisements

I guess the cult is waiting on their talking points from Hannity tonight before jumping into this thread.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:50 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I agree.

But I don't see Republicans voting or impeachment.

Do you?

No. Trump could get away with anything right now because the GOP in Congress are too afraid of Trump's base.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:04 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Even if he paid Cohen where is the crime...or is the left making up crimes as they go along in their hate Trump campaign.

FEC violations for failure to report it as a campaign contribution.

And probably perjury for signing his prior financial disclosures under oath.

Personally...I don't think we should impeach him over this. Or if we do we should leave it at that and not remove him from office. Its going to take more then this. And I think it should. But theres a growing amount of evidence that even the public can see that more is going to come.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:08 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I guess the cult is waiting on their talking points from Hannity tonight before jumping into this thread.
I am not a member of the “cult” but have you actually read what was in the disclosure? I doubt it.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:12 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
OBSTRUCTION of JUSTICE is an IMPEACHABLE OFFENSE. Just saying
Yes it is, but those Republican idiots in Congress won't get rid of this clown. I wonder why? Maybe some of them are in on the scams.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:15 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
But her emails....

Old 05-16-2018, 03:56 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Not a single soul believes that Trump didn’t sleep with Stormy, nor does anybody believe Trump didn’t pay to shut her up.

Having said that, not sure what your point is here though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Nope. This thread is just another gathering of the Trump haters club and pretty useless.

I do believe Lifeexplorer covered it well.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:57 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,702 times
No amount of denial by Trump’s base will erase the reality that every word Trump has said about the entire Cohen/NDA payment affair has proven to be false. Literally every word.

Yesterday on the flight over from Narita I overheard a teen ask his dad why it’s ok for the president to lie and pretend everything is ok. The dad said sometimes people will tolerate lies because they are getting what they want. To which the kid said, “Isn’t that how evil dictators rise to power?”

Old 05-16-2018, 03:59 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
No amount of denial by Trump’s base will erase the reality that every word Trump has said about the entire Cohen/NDA payment affair has proven to be false. Literally every word.

Yesterday on the flight over from Narita I overheard a teen ask his dad why it’s ok for the president to lie and pretend everything is ok. The dad said sometimes people will tolerate lies because they are getting what they want. To which the kid said, “Isn’t that how evil dictators rise to power?”
We were numbed by all the Obama lies for 8 long years. At least Trump is getting things done we like.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Remember this though folks.

1. Bannon in his book indicated there were a LOT more.
2. Avenatti has said he has multiple clients with similar stories.

Trumps committing even more crimes by only disclosing stormy Daniels payoff. And he absolutely knows it and doesn't care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
FEC violations for failure to report it as a campaign contribution.
that assumes the payment was a campaign expenditure, and the bar on that is rather high. would the payment have been made any way? was the payment made with campaign funds? since the answer to the first question is likely yes, then it isnt a campaign donation, and likely the answer to the second question is no, thus it is not part of the campaign.

Quote:
And probably perjury for signing his prior financial disclosures under oath.
since we are talking about campaign finance disclosures here, then any payments made to daniels, or anyone else for that matter, are not subject to campaign finance laws, and thus do not have to be disclosed.

Quote:
Personally...I don't think we should impeach him over this. Or if we do we should leave it at that and not remove him from office. Its going to take more then this. And I think it should. But theres a growing amount of evidence that even the public can see that more is going to come.
this isnt an impeachable offense anyway since it has nothing to do with the campaign. the timing of this payment sucks, but never the less its not campaign related, and thus it is a non issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies