Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 09:14 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Because "their means" results in them living in poverty So we subsidize the $hit wages they are paid with SNAP, medicaid, EITC, subsidized housing and it will never end because those corporations will make sure that they never have to pay an actual living wage, it's much more lucrative for them to shift the burden to taxpayers.
Some really don't seem to make the connection here that you have so succinctly laid out for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 09:56 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Who is deciding what their skills are worth? Think about it...in much of rural America Walmart is the only retailer of any size, they have no competition, they can pay whatever they want and people have no choice but to accept it. The only time a firm offers higher wages is if they need to in order to attract workers.

Fast food joints collude with each other to keep wages low, they use non compete agreements which keep their employees from being able to look for a better paying job in that industry.
Who? How about the consumers, the so called workers themselves? No corporation can set the price if the consumers won’t buy their products!

That you ask this question shows precisely you have no clue about economics.

Please explain to me how the price of goods is determined before you post more nonsense like this.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Who, then, will run the check out counters at Wal Mart when you wish to shop? Who will work at the fulfillment centers of Amazon? I stand by my statement. It's utterly ridiculous that the middle class american taxpayer subsidize Wal Mart and Amazon by paying for food stamps for their employees.
Wouldn’t the evil corporations have to raise the wage to fill those roles?

Quote:
That's the infantile thinking of the conservative. There is no nuance ~ just spit out "You're jealous" like a third grader.

Of course we should all be concerned where all the wealth in a country is concentrated in the hands of only the very wealthy who ALSO buy politicians to create the rules that further benefit them.
Here’s a thought. How about stop voting for the Democrats who are perpetuating this problem?

Stop the government from regulating businesses and no businessmen would have any incentive to bribe politicians!

Old 05-19-2018, 10:38 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Yes, you did call all business owners STUPID.

Why would a crappy CEO get hired as another highly paid executive again unless the business owners are utterly stupid?
So you're saying that no CEOs have been bad at one company and hired by another company afterwards as an executive?

I stated an empirical fact. You took it to mean they were stupid and I must be calling other business owners stupid to hire them afterwards.

So for you to be right, there would need to be zero examples of CEOs crapping the bed and getting hired later bc that's your definition of stupid.... And that has never happened... Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You just 100% changed your narrative when challenged over your assertion that they're not CEO's on merit but on having "connections".

You have no substance to your argument if when pushed on it you try to completely start over with a new one like abandoning a pair of underwear after a bad experience at a Mexican restaurant.
Oh...bc you were wrong about what my point was, I must have switched my argument...lol...��

If you need to back pedal, go ahead. I'm not going to stop you from being wrong a different way.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Wouldn’t the evil corporations have to raise the wage to fill those roles?

Here’s a thought. How about stop voting for the Democrats who are perpetuating this problem?

Stop the government from regulating businesses and no businessmen would have any incentive to bribe politicians!
Here's a thought. Unfettered capitolism isn't the answer.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:39 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Who is deciding what their skills are worth?
Employers. How hard is it really to scan item bar codes when the price is already entered into the checkout system?

Same with fast food employers. They've even overlaid register keys with menu item photos.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Here's a thought. Unfettered capitolism isn't the answer.
Here’s a thought: you are the problem corruption and cronyism exist! Stop voting for the democrats.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So you're saying that no CEOs have been bad at one company and hired by another company afterwards as an executive?

I stated an empirical fact. You took it to mean they were stupid and I must be calling other business owners stupid to hire them afterwards.

So for you to be right, there would need to be zero examples of CEOs crapping the bed and getting hired later bc that's your definition of stupid.... And that has never happened... Right?

Oh...bc you were wrong about what my point was, I must have switched my argument...lol...��

If you need to back pedal, go ahead. I'm not going to stop you from being wrong a different way.
“I drove my previous company to the ground” shines on any CEO’s resume, and the business owners are rushing to hire him!

The first question to ask when hiring a CEO is “What was your achievement in your previous company?”

Your answer is “I drove it to the ground. Proudly!” You think you would be hired?

Old 05-19-2018, 04:39 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Employers. How hard is it really to scan item bar codes when the price is already entered into the checkout system?

Same with fast food employers. They've even overlaid register keys with menu item photos.
Pure BS... there is more to those jobs than scanning barcodes. The salary is set by the employer because there is no competition, google monopsony

Old 05-19-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Here’s a thought: you are the problem corruption and cronyism exist! Stop voting for the democrats.
Here's a though: YOU are the problem corruption and cronyism exist! Stop voting for Republicans like Scott Pruitt and the biggest corruptor of all - DJT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies