Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 08:16 PM

33,465 posts, read 17,974,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I don't usually comment on threads like this, but cory booker is in contention for the dumbest person in the senate.
Cory was lobotomized by Nancy Pelosi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2018, 08:17 PM

7,160 posts, read 4,716,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Hillbilly sure sounds like an insult to me, tell that to your boss, see what happens.
The author was born and raised in those hills. He refers to himself as a hillbilly. I wouldn’t give him any grief about it-he does have a temper.

I kindly suggest that you read the book.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:19 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,410,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
In what redneck Bizarro-world alternate universe does that come across as... uh... "bashing?"
No doubt.

I've read the book, it was a great book, by someone who truly grew up in as broken home, joined the Marines, and ended up graduating from Harvard Law. An inspirational story and a very compelling look at Appalachia.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:19 PM

15,573 posts, read 10,284,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
So is Trump but you’re not holding that against him.
Trump beat 16 qualified republican candidates for the nomination and a lifelong democrat politician, who outspent him 3 to 1, to win the presidency. trump isn't a dumb person. you may not agree with him, but dumb he ain't.

not sure what trump has to do with booker, nurse.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:23 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,448,175 times
Quote:
Umm, affirmative action.

widely respected? not by anyone including liberals I knew and I lived in NYC for 25 years and have NJ relatives. He is a dumb man.
He was born in DC. His parents were executives with IBM. He grew up in N.J.

He was class president at Stanford. Post graduation he was awarded a Rhodes Scholarship, one of the most competitive and prestigious international scholarships.

Affirmative Action has nothing to do with it.

That you likely disagree with his positions, has nothing to do with his remarkable educational accomplishments.

Ivanka, Jared and the Kushner clan were fund raisers for his Senate race.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Can't say I'm surprised. Though I didn't really need another reason to never vote for him. When push came to shove, Corey Booker showed his true colors.

I'm willing to forgive people if they show that they've changed. But politicians aren't really people
Hard- pressed to find a Congress critter that does not take Big Pharma donations.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Another fake news post.

Why do you constantly post this kind of stuff?

Run of the mill trolls do it for attention.

And we feed it, by responding.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:40 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,238,910 times
Quote:
Umm, affirmative action.
Didn't know there was affirmative action for Rhodes Scholarships, law school grades and being elected to the Senate. The things one "learns" on C-D...
Quote:
widely respected? not by anyone including liberals I knew and I lived in NYC for 25 years and have NJ relatives. He is a dumb man.
Yes, clearly, the only Rhodes Scholar in the Senate (the highest academic award in the U.S.) and honors graduate of the most prestigious law school on the planet is "dumb" - said no one, ever.

And maybe your alleged "liberals you know" don't like him because he isn't remotely liberal. He has always been considered a centrist (which is, in part, why he is widely respected across the aisle).

Old 05-17-2018, 08:42 PM

5,885 posts, read 3,858,000 times
Quote:
Trump beat 16 qualified republican candidates for the nomination
Not all of them were "qualified." Fiorina and Carson had no business being on the stage.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:43 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,238,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The only thing Cory understands is the checks coming in from the pharmaceutical companies.
Given NJ is the largest pharmaceutical center on the planet, that sorta makes sense, no?

You would criticize a Michigan politician for receiving donations from the Big 3, a NY politician for receiving donations from Wall Street, or a California politician for receiving donations from tech? Bizarre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies