Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 08:54 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,026,884 times

Advertisements

Firstly, illegal immigration HAS had negative effects on wages for citizens.. I know that bleeding hearts can't get away from their ideology long enough to admit this. But I'm a liberal, and I can.

That aside, the predictable "handouts to the poor" nonsense just keeps pouring in from the usual suspects hopped up on anger and talk radio.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:54 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,746,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No. Stop giving handouts to the poor and force them to be productive. Stop letting illegals stay in our country. Throw out the DACA's. Give incentives for people to have only one or two children. Having more than two children should be taxed.

Taxing the wealthy more isn't the solution.
When we don't have enough children of our own they use that as yet another excuse to let in more hordes of third world peasants. They say our economy depends on population growth while at the same time they say all our jobs are going to be taken over by robots. Robots and impoverished third world hordes. That is our future if our political establishment(from both parties) gets its way.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:55 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,937,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The constant BS about "handouts to the poor" is just ridiculous.

The biggest government handout is to the military industrial complex.

Eisenhower warned us about that.
Ha yea tell me about it welfare and housing programs get peanuts compared to the massive military expenditure we have.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:55 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Yes. Like being born into poverty.
Being born into poverty isn't a choice. But it also doesn't need to be an excuse. That's why immigrants came here, remember? To build a better life.

Old 05-18-2018, 08:57 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The constant BS about "handouts to the poor" is just ridiculous.

The biggest government handout is to the military industrial complex.

Eisenhower warned us about that.
Yes but he was a RINO

(Do I win anything for saying that first on this thread?)

Old 05-18-2018, 08:58 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No. Stop giving handouts to the poor and force them to be productive. Stop letting illegals stay in our country. Throw out the DACA's. Give incentives for people to have only one or two children. Having more than two children should be taxed.

Taxing the wealthy more isn't the solution.
You mean punishing producers and rewarding sloth isn't the solution? You are nuts

Old 05-18-2018, 09:00 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,937,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
You mean punishing producers and rewarding sloth isn't the solution? You are nuts
This kind of elitism is one of the problems this country faces you are assuming the poor are unproductive many work very hard and receive very little thats the problem. Personally I think people picking crops contribute far more to our country than the nebulous nature of many in the finance "industry".

Old 05-18-2018, 09:01 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
43% of U.S. families can't afford basics of middle class life

Very interesting article and yet so many in the politics section on this board continue to argue for more power to the wealthy more tax cuts fewer regulations. Its almost as if the natural state of lightly regulated capitalism is a return to feudalism.

Does his 43% include illegals and those that didn't get a high school diploma?

The United Way.

One of the BIGGEST scam organizations in America.

I almost forgot, VERY LIBERAL.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:02 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,669,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovalerteds View Post
No it's not the natural state. This system arose because the American people have given up their country to DC and it's corrupt cash is king elite. Bannon spoke on this, and like him or not, I think he was right.

This isn't going to end well for the country.
I'm not sure how much is greed and corruption and how much is the result of the complexity of mass produced, automated, late industrial revolution technology.

I do agree that TPTB (The Powers That Be) are not acting to the best interest of America's future, and small changes now could make a big difference in theat future. The successes we are having now seem to be despite public policy, not because of it. We need a functioning rail system, not the shrunken remnants of 19th century industrialism. We need water projects that will support the needs of expanding cities and agriculture. We need a national electrical grid that will connect all the regional grids. We need to be handing immigration visas to anyone with a degree in sciences or engineering.

I don't see any of that happening so, like you, I don't think it will end well for the country.

Old 05-18-2018, 09:03 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,616,067 times
I bet some of these people can afford the latest iPhone, 65" big screen, and Land Rover!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies