Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2018, 08:04 PM

1,322 posts, read 583,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This boils down to congress disagreeing with PP accounting system that they created, they requested that no tax dollars go to abortion procedures. PP is the most audited health care clinic in the universe but now they need the added expense of separating facilities, closing buildings and relocating. This is just Trump preaching to his rabid base, do they want to prevent unwanted pregnancies or just make a point for the November election.

This will be challenged and Trump will lose in the courts, its a solution looking for a problem. Even if successful it will do nothing to prevent abortions but it will impact 4 million looking for access to health care. More money wasted, more right wing GOP members wasting time, do they want to reduce the abortion rate or just increase the number of foster children.

Exactly. If the crux of the matter comes down to conservatives getting foamy because they think taxes are going to toward abortion services, then a hearty accounting protocol should remedy that in an instant. Subject PP to monthly audits from a rightish accounting firm if need be.

But on a separate note, if righties are adamant about not paying for abortion services via taxes, can I opt out of paying for drone stikes that kill children at weddings on the other side of the world? I'm pro-life that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 06:53 AM

88,613 posts, read 44,324,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Are you kidding me? When a woman comes in for a pregnancy test, PP does not automatically refer her for abortion. She is referred for continuing prenatal care!
Where? PP doesn't provide prenatal care. Do you really expect anyone to believe PP will let a cash cow (sorry, I know that's offensive but it makes a very clear point) walk out of their facility and spend those healthcare $$$ elsewhere?

Old 05-20-2018, 06:55 AM

88,613 posts, read 44,324,456 times
Quote:
This boils down to congress disagreeing with PP accounting system that they created, they requested that no tax dollars go to abortion procedures.
Correct. Fed Gov has the authority on this, and separate locations is what Fed Gov is requiring to exclude any possibility of the co-mingling of funds at multiple sites.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:57 AM

41,746 posts, read 74,732,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I am 100% pro choice but I don't believe PP should get money from the government (tax dollars) to operate, nor should the government support abortions financially.
Oh, for pity's sake. The federal government does not support abortions financially. It is illegal to do so. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I am so effing sick of this argument! Not all abortions are performed because a woman finds herself unexpectedly pregnant. Sometimes things go horribly, terribly wrong during a much-wanted pregnancy and the most logical path forward is termination. Ask me how I know. There are more of us out here who been through such an experience than you can imagine, and when you've sat in front of a pediatric neurologist and sobbed while learning that your pregnancy is doomed, then perhaps you'll have something of value to add to the discussion. Until that point, just SHUT UP!
Wow, thanks for sharing that, and I'm sorry for your tragic loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
PP uses tax money so saying they don't use it for abortions is nonsense. I know how we can be sure they don't-----MAKE THIS PLAN GO INTO EFFECT.
I'll type this slowly so you can understand:
Planned Parenthood
does not use tax money
for abortions.
It is illegal to do so.
Planned Parenthood
receives federal funding
as a Medicaid provider
and through Title X
for family planning services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Because the better alternative is to force the birth of 300,000 more babies a year. Sure, that makes complete sense. Take away the resources from the poor to make sure all those 300,000 babies forced to be born are born in poverty.
And that 300,000 is just for Planned Parenthood - no doubt the numbers will really add up when you consider other providers.

Quote:
Something makes me think PP is lying when they sy tax payers don't pay for abortions.
Something makes me think you don't understand the rigors of an independent audit, filing a 990 tax return, or preparing for a federal audit.

Quote:
This is another good it will do----

"The Trump administration official said the proposal will aid in transparency and integrity, allowing better monitoring of Title X fund recipients. It will also require Title X recipients to document how they follow state laws on reporting suspected cases of sexual assault, incest and rape. "
Title X recipients already have to take part in rigorous documentation and auditing. See above.

Quote:
Planned Parenthood is spending 30 million on the midterm elections, if they have that kind of spare case, why the hell are we subsidizing them?
"We" are not subsidizing Planned Parenthood. "We" provide Medicaid reimbursement for non-abortion medical procedures and Title X family planning services.

I suggest you find a dictionary and look up the word "subsidy".

Quote:
PP doesn't mention ADOPTION. they just assume the woman is coming in for an abortion and won't talk about anything else. They do need to get their quota of abortions before the end of the month.
OK, now you're really being ridiculous. A visit to any Planned Parenthood website gives a list of referrals for services other than abortion.

Get a grip.

Quote:
This will be challenged and Trump will lose in the courts
Absolutely. The federal government cannot single out a specific provider - it's discriminatory and punitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Where? PP doesn't provide prenatal care. Do you really expect anyone to believe PP will let a cash cow (sorry, I know that's offensive but it makes a very clear point) walk out of their facility and spend those healthcare $$$ elsewhere?
Does it all the time. There are lots of services Planned Parenthood doesn't provide, but what it does provide is a robust list of referrals if a patient needs something it doesn't provide.

If I go to Planned Parenthood for a pap smear and the test turns up positive, Planned Parenthood isn't going to provide the surgery and/or chemotherapy that may be necessary to beat the cancer. Are you saying Planned Parenthood should be all-inclusive? Talk about inefficient ...

Quote:
Correct. Fed Gov has the authority on this, and separate locations is what Fed Gov is requiring to exclude any possibility of the co-mingling of funds at multiple sites.
There is no co-mingling. There cannot be - if there were, the independent audits and federal audits would find out and that particular Planned Parenthood location would lose its Title X funding faster than you can say abortion.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:34 PM

1,196 posts, read 834,788 times
Looks like Trump is putting the democrats out of the butchering babies and selling
their parts business MAGA

Old 05-20-2018, 01:15 PM

56,900 posts, read 25,829,226 times
Quote:
The federal government has the right to audit health care facilities, they do not have the right to dictate which services can take place within their buildings unless they are illegal. PP is a qualified health provider under title X, period.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:17 PM

56,900 posts, read 25,829,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstooth View Post
Looks like Trump is putting the democrats out of the butchering babies and selling
their parts business MAGA
No he is attempting to inconvenience millions of poor women to satisfy his rabid followers.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:43 PM

19,924 posts, read 8,823,443 times
I'll always be against women killing their unborn babies.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:45 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,272,374 times
Quote:
Referral. I wrote referral. And, yes, I do.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:07 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,045,413 times
I'm pro-life, but hasn't it been a known fact for years that federal funds have never gone towards abortions at planned parenthood and other clinics for women?

Federal funding only goes towards STD tests, birth control, etc. Not abortions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies