Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 01:34 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Oh, look - another day, another post bashing California on City Data! Shocking! Creative! And in denial of the usual facts, as always.

The pride of the south - keep on campaigning on this lunacy, righties:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZm-8VW-EVo

So much right-wing pride!

Oh this is priceless! Trump supporters showcasing their state. Can't even tell you exactly why they support the Republican party. The only thing they can come up with is "God and guns".

Old 05-19-2018, 01:41 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
As a centrist, I can agree that the Democratic party is completely lost. Trump is strange, rude and often unbalanced, but the left has gone bonkers. It's been this way for a while. Unless someone spectacular comes out of nowhere, the left has absolutely zero chance of winning the white house back in 2020 even against a very beatable unhinged incumbent like Trump. A reasonable moderate conservative like Romney would win a hundred times in a row at this point. The left has to get rid of the craziness if they want reasonable voters to come back.

Your posts on this forum preclude you from being a centrist. Why would you claim otherwise? Don't want to be labeled as a right winger? I thought you guys were proud of that moniker.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:14 AM

482 posts, read 242,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Your posts on this forum preclude you from being a centrist. Why would you claim otherwise? Don't want to be labeled as a right winger? I thought you guys were proud of that moniker.
These types of boards are super partisan. You will be labeled one or the other by the extreme of either side if you take a stance on ANYTHING.
A centrist is a "right-winger" to the far left and a "liberal" to the far right because there is no middle ground with extremists. I find the far left to be a larger percent of the left than the far right is of the right. This is because the far right is not justified or backed by mass media and our educational system. It's actually quite the opposite.

As I have stated before, there is a sense of righteousness attached to extreme left-wing politics which exists to a much smaller degree with extreme right wing politics. It is the reason why the KKK understands that they are a fringe group, but the violent protesters from the left believe their values are the norm.

Anyways, you can be a Trump supporter while still being right in the middle just like you could with Obama, Bush, or Clinton. This is a difficult concept for people with extreme political views because the notion that one can still support a movement or political figure without supporting all of their views doesn't make sense to someone that is politically charged.

The first time I post that I don't care about abortions or which bathroom a ladyboy goes pee in, I'll be called a "snowflake" or a "lybtard." The first time that I post anything in a gun debate regarding my support for common since gun control, I will instantly become one of "them." The first time I mention that I don't support offshore drilling or fracking, I'll be a liberal pretending to be a centrist.

People get so programmed in regards to fighting the other team on these forums that they forget that there is a large portion of the population that still thinks for itself.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Poll? Did someone say poll?

I thought cons will never, ever believe in polls again.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:17 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
The two polls taken the day before have him at 44 and 46.....so Rasmeussen is a little high.

Oh -- the sky is falling -- the sky is falling.

Remember when the polls said Clinton would win?

Old 05-19-2018, 09:26 AM

482 posts, read 242,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
If one thinks that Trump is a ten times greater president than Reagan, clearly one hates the left's policies. One cannot claim to be "pretty liberal" and also say that Trump is the best president in a hundred years. Look at Trump's hate for the environment, he hates the environment more than any Republican we've ever seen. It's fine, wear the red had proudly, put a sticker on the car so that devotion can remain visible for years.
So how old are you kid?

You've labeled me, so I'll try to label you

Female or gay dude
in 20's or early 30's
Single or in a crappy relationship
Probably lives in some place like Seattle, San Francisco, or Portland
Wears stupid glasses
Went to college, but is not using the worthless degree
Drives an economy car or maybe a wagon
Has stupid tattoos
Eats out all the time
has tons of credit card dept
Owns a resuce dog or cat

How did I do?

Do me
I want to see how close you get.
I'll be 100% honest if you are.
This could be fun. We can see how off base or spot on our perception is after just reading a few posts.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:54 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,711,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
With Mexico paying for the wall and government spending going way down, the right has saved us. Just like they promised.
Indeed, the real tragedy is not the shrillness, inconsistency or foolish distractions by the Left, but the utter capitulation of what used to be a responsible, commerce-friendly Right.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:57 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Oh this is priceless! Trump supporters showcasing their state. Can't even tell you exactly why they support the Republican party. The only thing they can come up with is "God and guns".
I've seen videos of Odummy supporters that were far worse.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Good grief, you guys control everything and haven't got anything done. Time for the dems to take over and reign Trump in.

right because the democrats did so well when they owned everything...

Old 05-19-2018, 11:21 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
right because the democrats did so well when they owned everything...
I want Democrats to take control from an unstable president who constantly lies and constantly insults people of this great country. And I’m disgusted with republicans for being afraid of not standing up to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies