Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 07:41 PM

40,934 posts, read 49,009,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...there are tons of profitable movies that aren’t violent. Gimme a break.

Tyler Perry was doing one movie after another that made big bucks without gun violence, and at one point his movies were drawing the highest proportional profits in Hollywood.
Ok, maybe only 80% glorify violence and feature some type of weapon. It is possible to make kiddy pics but the big hits are shoot them up, violent gun shooters.

Tyler Perry does not make block buster hits. His are middle of the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 08:12 PM

11,111 posts, read 10,664,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If that is the issue why doesn't Europe have the same problem, seems like a deflection from the various problems.

We had Clint Eastwood and Charles Bronson movies going back decades, the movie industry is not the problem. But if you want to blame the networks for something its the over reporting of these shootings, 24/7 coverage. This is what they do ever since the OJ trial, they need to take it down several notches.
I won't pin all the blame on Hollywood, but the combination of violent movies and video games along with the lack of parenting that seems to be rampant in the modern world is definitely something that I believe is a contributing factor.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:27 PM

709 posts, read 655,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You didn't read it, thanks for confirming.

"It won’t happen, of course. So let’s meet in the middle. Let’s meet at…literally anything."

He's railing against the NRA's insipid attitude of, "not an inch", a sentiment I agree with. The NRA's knee-jerk response to *any* kind of reasonable gun control measure, is "no 'effin' way". It's self-defeating because it's driving folks who were gun-ambivalent to be anti-NRA, if not downright anti-gun.

It's a shame his message went right over your head.

Oh, and BTW, I'm probably a bigger gun enthusiast than you.

The response SHOULD be "not an inch".

I don't care how many people become anti-NRA or anti-gun; their opinions mean less than nothing when it comes to the fundamental right of self defense. If these people honestly think they're on the correct side of this debate, they're cowards who will punish innocent and law-abiding citizens.

If 60% or 70% of the population (I'd argue the numbers aren't that high overall, but in cities and lefty-dominated areas, absolutely) want to ban something, it'll probably happen. But I can guarantee you it will never be enforced, just as has happened in NY and CT with their latest iterations of gun control laws.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:28 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,208,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyewackette View Post
Amazing how one guy turns into "they" = everyone.

There are some people who DO want to take your guns. There are some people who only want to take away certain KINDS of guns. But pretty much everyone who isn't an intellectual dwarf or a complete thug realizes by now that we need gun CONTROL.

A 12 gauge WILL kill someone just as thoroughly as an AR15, but it won't kill as many nor will it kill them as quickly.

I do think that paranoid individuals should be very very carefully scrutinized before allowing them limited access to weaponry.

You seem very paranoid.

I will discuss what I highlighted in RED; a 12 gauge with a horizontal choke can take out 3 people at the same time from a single shot. This was demonstrated on an episode of Sun's of Guns.

The point is not which gun is deadlier, but that both can be.

And as far as 1 shot lethality, the 12 gauge is rated at above 80% one shot for lethality.

Old 05-19-2018, 08:29 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,767,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Remember when anti-gunners ridiculed anyone who said they are coming for your guns? Well, matter of fact they ARE coming for your guns. They just couldn't hold back any more. They finally realized it is not AR-15 that's killing people. A 12 gauge does just fine too.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ake-them-away/

"So now I’m angry. Now I’m finished trying to reason with you. So now I, a guy who was ambivalent about guns just a few years ago, want to take your guns away. All of them."

Ok, you caught us. We want every gun off the planet.........rifles, shotguns, pistols, bb guns, water pistols, and even grease guns.

There, feel better now ?

Old 05-19-2018, 08:37 PM

40,934 posts, read 49,009,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, you caught us. We want every gun off the planet.........rifles, shotguns, pistols, bb guns, water pistols, and even grease guns.

There, feel better now ?
Are you saying the state of CA would not be happy if they could 100% eliminate very gun in their state?

Old 05-19-2018, 08:45 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,767,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Are you saying the state of CA would not be happy if they could 100% eliminate very gun in their state?

No, I am saying you are right ! Slingshots, pea shooters, anything that propels a projectile must go.

California is just the beginning !

Old 05-19-2018, 08:54 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,808,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one wants your pea-shooter. Perish the thought.

You guys are entirely too impressed with your gun collections that no one wants.
Typical commie. Prior to gun confiscation you reassure us that our elk hunting rifle and duck gun are safe, then post gun legislation want to take away our “sniper rifles” (the aforementioned elk hunting rifle) and our “street sweepers” (the aforementioned duck gun).

Edit: I haven’t read the entire thread yet but I would be suprised if a commie hasn’t brought up the myth that the shotgun is a “point and shoot” weapon requiring no aiming that shoots out a cone of death in the direction it is shot capable of taking out 4 people standing shoulder to shoulder.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:03 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,105,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
Typical commie. Prior to gun confiscation you reassure us that our elk hunting rifle and duck gun are safe, then post gun legislation want to take away our “sniper rifles” (the aforementioned elk hunting rifle) and our “street sweepers” (the aforementioned duck gun).

Edit: I haven’t read the entire thread yet but I would be suprised if a commie hasn’t brought up the myth that the shotgun is a “point and shoot” weapon requiring no aiming that shoots out a cone of death in the direction it is shot capable of taking out 4 people standing shoulder to shoulder.
LMAO @ “elk hunting!”

Stop it...you’re killing me.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:05 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,105,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I’d be happy if I could slap the **** outta Rush Limbaugh. That doesn’t mean that I’d do it!

No one is gonna take your widdle gun. Calm down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies