Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 12:27 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,625,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Put armed security at every entrance of every school in America
That wouldn't change much except having the guy at the door shot first

Old 05-21-2018, 12:28 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,098,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Correct we don't live in that society and more guns won't bring it back. I believe nothing will bring it back. It is amazing how American society has changed in the past few decades. Imagine folks, where we may be in the future.

Is anyone concerned that one day a student will use something besides a firearm? Use your imagination, a more intelligent and crafty crazy student could change the game.
Of course, but let's solve one problem at a time, shall we?

Students have attacked other students with knives and the like, but a mass knifing is rare. That takes way more skill than a mass shooting does.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:35 PM

34,248 posts, read 19,243,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
That wouldn't change much except having the guy at the door shot first

Supervisor: Mike you're on the door again.
Mike: I'm Always on the door, why is that?
Supervisor: No one likes you Mike.

People who think a kid can't sneak guns past a guard don't have a lot of experience with just how capable children can be.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:38 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,080,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I never said that. I said guards aren't going to fix this problem, but keeping guns out of the hands of minors will help fix this problem.

I stand by my statement. If kids don't have guns, kids cannot shoot people with guns.

True indeed, but you can't keep guns out of the hands of kids no matter what you do.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:40 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,080,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
No one in their right minds would be OK with arming more high school students? Right? Seems odd that the basic premise of this thread is how to keep guns out of schools and for some of you, the answer is more guns!

No, the premise isn't keeping guns out of schools but keeping guns in the hands of kids out of schools.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:44 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,383,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Are you saying, if we ban all guns, all of those death would magically stop?
Of course not. You have to start somewhere at sometime though to limit their numbers. It's inevitable that will be a decision taken in the future. Thinking otherwise is a fools errand. People are reaching their watershed moment in time where they demand it. They will be faced with the fact the 2nd amendment being interpreted as it has is making you less free and having to make a choice as a result. Keep pushing the guns and it's inevitable your own citizens will say stuff that anachronistic 2nd dictate where the sun don't shine.

Far more of you have died because of it than it has ever served to maintain your freedom.

Considering the alternative of even more people carrying and the proliferation increasing where and how do you think this is going to culminate?

Do you think American citizens are magically going to become all level headed and sane individuals not wanting to inflict harm on others? Do you think that if Americans are faced with the prospect of them ALL being armed these situations will stop? Do you actually think that people bent on using them for criminal purposes will be stymied because there are more of them?

It remains evident and irrevocably proven that those countries that enacted stringent restrictions on firearms are enjoying a much better outcome.. and, we're not all walking around under the yoke of oppression by a tyrannical government.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:32 PM

50,079 posts, read 46,654,631 times
People that know anything about firearm safes know you have to step up to a really expensive one to keep from getting broken into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-9vWa-C44I

Old 05-21-2018, 01:40 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,601,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
The subject is school security.

UNDERSTAND NOW?
I'm sure we will hear about all the mass school knifings, rental trucks and cars ramming schools, and airplanes being flown into schools as soon as those things happen!

Old 05-21-2018, 01:51 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,651,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
We protect our military bases, airports, banks, and George Soros' house by people with guns and you hardly see a mass shooting at those venues.

But concerts, schools, movie theaters, churches have little to no security which makes it an easy target for mass shooters.

Maybe it's time we need more armed guards or more open carry permits.

For further reading
Sounds like a lovely learning environment.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:11 PM

21,398 posts, read 10,458,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
"We need prevention's. Threatening to charge parents isn't good enough. We need mechanisms in place just in case the kid gets into their parents gun safe."

How about just requiring police surv cams in everyones house? That way police can see what everyone is doing before these things happen, just imagine all the other crimes and violence that could be prevented if citizens were monitored and recorded 24/7, everywhere they go?
No one has advocated anything you’re saying. Adding metal detectors at schools is all I’m advocating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.