Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 08:09 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,114,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It makes no difference, Hispanic whites can still pass for being white. Obama is only half black but is largely accepted as black.

If america cared about racial purity, they wouldn't allow birthright citizenship where anyone from any country can come, have a baby, and claim it as american.

It's not about how one looks. Obama is half black and half white therefore he is of mixed race. Not just black nor is he just white. So yes, it does make a difference genetically. Just because one favors in looks one side of their parents does not make them just that parent's race. Just because one can pass for a certain race based on looks does not change their complete genetic makeup.

There is nothing in the Constitution that gives babies born from illegal aliens our birthright citizenship. Yes, it does allow for it for children born from legal parents though. Who said "America" as a country wants racial purity? Some individual Americans do and I disagree with that. All I have said is that with too much mixing there will be no more diversity in looks. Who wants that?

Old 05-21-2018, 08:13 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No we won't all be clones. That's like saying all white people, or all black people, look alike. They don't, and people of mixed race don't all look alike either.

They have similar hair coloring, eye and skin color among the races. If we mix too much that will disappear. Dark skin and eyes tend to dominate and that would eliminate blonde haired-blue eyes, light skinned humans. Is that what you and yours want? I want a mix of both as we still have now.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:17 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,223,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
The human species is already mixed. Incredibly so. And it is very healthy to be mixed, genetically. Genetic heterogeneity is very important for the success of a species.

You can easily see this illustrated in canines: "Muts" are almost always more healthy than "pure breeds" for this very reason.
Nope...you're confusing inbreeding with genetic diversity. Not the same thing. Pedigree dog populations have common ancestors recently. Human populations do not. Thus the problematic defects in "purebred' dogs are caused by low genetic DISTANCE as an artifact of low time and population values.

Quote:
No we won't all be clones. That's like saying all white people, or all black people, look alike. They don't, and people of mixed race don't all look alike either.
Phenotypes are only one result of genetic differentiation, of many. The issue or danger is not "clones"...the issue is loss of genetic distance, in which few populations will exhibit high degrees of polymorphism.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:19 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,590,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Sure, it could be seen as a racist view, if that's how you choose to look at the statement. The fact of the matter is, my use of the term "natural order" was referring more to God/nature's plan. Here's the post you were commenting on.

There are other reasons to pursue this course. For many, it's about their beliefs in the natural order of things. Many people believe we were created, and did not just evolve out of the primordial stew. And who are we to go against the creator?

As you can see, I am referring to the belief that some people hold that we were created, and did not just evolve. And because of that belief, these people also believe there is a reason, a divine plan if you will that governs everything we see around us. And for those people, this also extends to the different races of people who exist here on this earth. That is what I meant when I referred to the "natural order" of things. Not an order of racial superiority, an order to all that is, was, or will be.

PS. Of course, who are we to really say what the plan may have been. Perhaps the races coming together as one has been the plan all along. It would certainly make sense from a evolutionary standpoint. The species continues to evolve and change in order to become more than it was. Perhaps the mixing of the races was meant to happen, in order to create a more perfect human being. Man, these types of conversations can go on for days. I'm going to stop now. Thanks for posting.
This posting reminds me of the Jewish nation, in those that might adhere to the 'natural order of things'. Native Americans, maybe too, marry and have children within their tribes. Not sure about that though ... but

As far as the perfect human being of God's creation ... could be you're right. I have hope that one day something is going to happen to help us realize we were all meant to be together, to love and live as one.

One day ... but not today.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:21 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,465,497 times
There's no such thing as racial purity. Humans have been on the move and intermixing since the dawn of man. Heck, if you're background isn't African, 2-4% of your DNA came from Neanderthals. The closest thing that exists to "pure races" are some genetically isolated island folk. Only dating/marrying people of your own "background" is your prerogative.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:25 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,223,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
What do you mean by being much better in terms of their "contribution to the world"?

Europeans have subtracted, denied, and omitted from the world, as well as contributed....

If one must calculate, I'd bet on debits out-weighing assests, considering the millions of lives either destroyed or threatened via brutal conquest, invasion, disease, oppression, pollution, and nuclear arms proliferation.
LOL. Virtually every convenience and luxury that makes easy living a possibility and that defines the modern world comes from a society within Western Civilization. Ie those white people you claim are in the net loss column.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:27 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They have similar hair coloring, eye and skin color among the races. If we mix too much that will disappear. Dark skin and eyes tend to dominate and that would eliminate blonde haired-blue eyes, light skinned humans. Is that what you and yours want? I want a mix of both as we still have now.
What I want is for my children to marry and start families with people they love and who love them in return. The eye, hair, and skin color of any resulting children are of no concern to me.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:28 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Quote:
Put a child through what?

Those posters who want to defend their racial purity stance are going to be more specific. Not everyone thinks like you. I don't see why limiting your options for a spouse to people of your own race is somwhow easier for you and your offspring.
The 'racial purity' folks on this forum still haven't addressed my question.

It's like they conveniently ignore it, crickets chirping.

These people always want reassurances and pats on the back on this forum that wanting to 'preserve' your bloodlines is perfectly acceptable, and seek justification for their beliefs in a very roundabout way.

If it were only about YOU wanting to preserve your racial bloodlines, that is one thing. However, the racial purists on here never seem to acknowledge or want to discuss how they are transferring those beliefs onto others including their offspring and close family members.

At least pullmyfinger touched upon this unlike the others who continue to divert the issue at hand.

Like I said, I am more than willing to bet a lot of the 'racial purists' who start these threads or post in them realize that it's not just about themselves having those beliefs, but their desire and need to transfer those beliefs onto others. I guarantee some of these people indoctrinated their kids growing up to never date outside the race. These people are also the types of people to disown family members or relatives for interracial dating, or exerted subtle and not so subtle pressures on family members to never date interracial. I wouldn't doubt some of these people also freely post on 'racially aware' websites that decry interracial relationships and bemoan the belief that the white race is slowly being eliminated by race mixing.

As they say, a rose by any other name is still.... a rose.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:28 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,585,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
There's no such thing as racial purity.

The different tribes of the earth have continually intermingled, to the extent that the only racial purity is found with the Human Race, as a whole. But even with that, recent discoveries have found that most of us carry some genes from either Neanderthals or Denisovans, which are classified by most experts, as having been of another species.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:30 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,359,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The different tribes of the earth have continually intermingled, to the extent that the only racial purity is found with the Human Race, as a whole. But even with that, recent discoveries have found that most of us carry some genes from either Neanderthals or Denisovans, which are classified by most experts, as having been of another species.
Count me in with the Neanderthals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies