Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 12:08 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times

Advertisements

As usual, some Dems (and four SC justices) think that the SCOTUS should be making law, rather than interpreting it, as written.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 12:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Yes my thoughts exactly. People on here are talking about checks and balances, and making it sound as if Obama ignored this when he created this law. But in the corporate world Republicans are busy eliminating checks and balances for the ordinary American worker.
There is a check & balance for this very thing, without some Supreme Court ruling.

When I didn't get paid, A document, saying pay up or I'm selling your property to recoup my fees.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Perfect example of what I mean of the Supreme Court correctly interpreting crappy corporatist law. With the GOP in power, dont expect it to be fixed.
You want government to run the business for your restitution? Isn't that Fascism?

Old 05-22-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The NLRA allows more than that, it is fairly broad. This action essentially prevents them from banding together in what they claim is a violation of Fair Labor Standards Act. The NLRB and FLSA were also both congressionally passed and signed into law by President Roosevelt. Yes the supreme court rules on constitutionality, some seem to only think that conservative justices are able to understand the constitution. The fact that this was such a narrow decision should make you believe it is not that clear cut.
Regardless if you agree with the decision it will impact middle class workers.
Sounds like that was ruled unconstitutional, and it is none of the governments business.

If it were me, I'd chain the gates and lock the doors, give everyone their last paycheck and place an add in the classified for help.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It appears that requiring employees to sign an arbitration agreement as a right of employment fits the definition of "coerce".

The 4 justices that disagreed were rambling but the 5 in the majority are the only members that can interpret the constitution. Even something as simple as the two phrases in the 2nd amendment requires extensive hearings yet you are sure about this outcome. One more vote andconservatives would be claiming that SCOTUS was legislating from the bench.

I will not hire anyone without them signing my employment contract.
They don't have to sign it. They can go work elsewhere.
Liberty is GREAT.... You have a choice in life. Pick your battles wisely.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Actually it is quite common for the working class all over the world to work against their own best interest. It is the labor union movements that change this, democratizing society, educating workers and bringing a certain level of balance between labor and capital. The ruling class know this perfectly well. Thats why they are so obsessed with destroying the union movements. The state of the labor unions is the main difference between America and the rest of the developed world these days.
People who are against the workers make a compelling case when they say if you raise the minimum wage, you're going to be out of a job. If there is any attempt to raise the minimum wage of $7.25 an hour in Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma, that's just what low pay workers will hear.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
What money does unions give to republican candidates? Notice only the percentage of union money on the web site I show, since its only unions are what you are questioning.

Top Organization Contributors | OpenSecrets
Unionization, is on the road to full communism.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Unionization, is on the road to full communism.
You much prefer fascism?

Old 05-22-2018, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
You much prefer fascism?
Well, that is what we have been living under for 100 years now. You don't recognize it all around you?
And here the Supreme Court says, government has no business or authority getting involved in how this business does business, you scream and want your Fascism back.

You really want to wage a war against Fascism & Communism?
Repeal the 16th Amendment. The mechanism that allowed it to happen in the first place.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:42 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I will not hire anyone without them signing my employment contract.
They don't have to sign it. They can go work elsewhere.
Liberty is GREAT.... You have a choice in life. Pick your battles wisely.
Justice Ginsburg said that 53% of corporations have these in their contract. You radical republicans act like the corporations are not acting in concert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies