Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2018, 09:20 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Pretty sure the president as a private citizen has the same rights as we all do.

I also haven't seen any policy reflect what you're implying.
And if all he posted was family stuff, his musings on his favorite chocolate cake, etc.... it would be private.

But, he posts about policy issues. So, he's using it as official communication.

And, he cannot cut it off from people he doesn't want to hear.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:20 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
fake flowers!!
And not even silk...cheap plastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 09:23 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Look, I think the new rule is a fair compromise. When Trump said he supported the ruling, he should of left it at that. Now we all know next season there will be players who stay in the locker-room. May be some who stay in for other reasons then not wanting to stand for the anthem. There is a pretty good possibility that some may come out and kneel regardless as to the policy, or possibly raise a fist. At that point Mr Trump is free to say what he feels, but if he calls them SOB's again, all the players will band together against him as they did when he called them that before. Some may forget the Sunday following the last time he used that phrase.
I suppose it's a reasonable compromise. I would have preferred that they had all players held in the locker room until after the anthem, but this is what we got so we can work with it, I guess.

I think that he should really stay out of this, though. And, if asked, he should probably keep comments to a polite minimum because he is the president and this is a private enterprise. The NFL is not a government entity.

Last edited by RedZin; 05-25-2018 at 09:44 AM..

Old 05-25-2018, 09:29 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
If you want to complain then be fair and give the devil his dues.
For the many Who don't like what he has said
there are just as many who like what he has done.

How are your 401ks, Stocks, Real Estate Values doing?
Under 8 years of Obama my stock funds grew slow but steady. Under Trump they're up a little so far but it's been a rough ride. Much more volatility than under Obama. Personally I prefer the slow but steady (wins the race) to the yoyo.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:28 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Didn't Rosie O say she was leaving on the next plane? And George Clooney?
They were saying that just to get their retarded fanbase riled up enough to go out in force and vote against Trump. Basically it was the: "go out and vote against Trump because if he wins "we" will leave the country and you will be left without watching our entertainment forevermore" threat.

Trump won. They never had any intentions on leaving. It was just a hollow threat. And that's precisely why all these retards who said they would leave still haven't.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:50 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
The NFL players have no interest in protesting the massive amounts of crime and gang violence that occur every day in America’s inner cities.

Talk about hypocrisy.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:53 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,114,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The NFL players have no interest in protesting the massive amounts of crime and gang violence that occur every day in America’s inner cities.

Talk about hypocrisy.
There’s alot of issues. But they aren’t responsible for every black man in the U.S. and of course the dont advocate the gang vionence. It’s a product ofa long broken system. Corrupt cops and gang violence are just symptoms.
Are you responsible for KKK lynhings?

Old 05-25-2018, 12:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
No actually the people who aren't supporting the NHL players are being much less American than the people who are supporting the kneeling.

The players kneeling are expressing their First Amendment rights. In a way they are being more patriotic than Trump.

Trump's comment on this subject show that he does not believe in the First Amendment. The kneeling football players show that they believe in the first Amendment much more than Trump.
Trump believes in the First Amendment, only when it is "I agree with the President." The NFL players who criticized Trump for his comments are right on the money with the right to personal expression.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,840,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

Talk about hypocrisy.
And white guys seem to have no interest in protesting the many mass shootings that have become so commonplace I now avoid reading about them (too depressing).

They don't seem nearly as angry about the "massive amounts" of domestic violence that occur every day in America's inner cities, suburbs, and rural areas as they are about NFL players kneeling during the national anthem (about 1,500 women are killed every year at the hands of men. Many more are severely assaulted and almost die).

Talk about hypocrisy.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:09 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
And not even silk...cheap plastic.
made in china!

he's so worried about Chinese jobs!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies