Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2018, 10:57 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Sorry, bud.

It all started when I stated the pledge and anthem are foolish symbols of the State, and left-wingers and right-wingers both took offense. It brings them together.
Well, that will trigger a controversy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 11:46 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You want to move to New Hampshire. btw ... I told you, you didn't have to leave the country.
NH is the closest thing we have to a libertarian society in the U.S., along with western Montana.

Ever hear of the Free State Project?

Old 05-27-2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, that will trigger a controversy.
Hell, 90% of posters here can't stand me because I challenge their orthodoxies. I challenge them to think, but most people don't know how to think anymore.

Old 05-28-2018, 12:56 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
For crying out loud...this thread is still up? Libs and Trump haters, like it or not the majority of the country agrees with Trump on this stupid issue. It's a freaking game and Trump is cheerfully trolling you folks on possibly the least important issue this country has ever had to deal with.
Source this please? Honestly what I find is people complaining about athletes kneeling but nothing about sitting ordering food, using the toilet or cat-calling (all by the fans) during the anthem. And also people applauding the First Amendment right of the POTUS and his Kool-Aid drinkers but derriding anyone whether it is the players, me or anyone else labeled a "lib" or "Trump hater" for siding with the thug football players expressing their First Amendment right like the POTUS did.

And before anyone turns this into "Oh, he said Trump can't say anything and should shut up". Well no I didn't unless you twist words. What I have said and continue to say is that the POTUS has no business saying anything that is completely unconstitutional like kicking those out who use their First Amendment right. That is cruel and inhumane punishment (another constitutional amendment mind you) for someone who didn't even break the Clear and Present danger law. Kneeling during the anthem hasn't started a riot yet, so no clear and present danger is created by the player doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Now this thread has morphed into a conversation about anarchy. Anything I had to say many pages ago got lost in this mess.
It is because IMHO, the POTUS is turning the US anarchistic, at least for his detractors. Just look at the ANTIFA movements (which have gotten much quieter of late) and all the activism and nonrecognition of Trump as POTUS. I mean it is so bad at times, I wonder if I should hang my flag upside because of the state of distress our country is in over how divided we are and not really anybody is trying to unite us.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:00 AM

2,657 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
“Take your money and ignore the county’s problemsâ€

Meanwhile , a cops approached a mother of 3 “mam, our scanners indicate a low level of patriotism, please report to our facility for re-educationâ€..
If it is determined the re-education efforts are unsuccessful you will then be transported to a deportation facility.
Heil!

Old 05-28-2018, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
People who fake bone spurs to get out of serving their country shouldn't be the leader of any country.
And yet still manage to compete in multiple college sports...hmmmmmm.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
torch carrying white supremacists are douche bags and should not be in America.
Unfortunately they are as American as apple pie. They have been a cancer throughout history.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is because IMHO, the POTUS is turning the US anarchistic, at least for his detractors.
That is asinine. I'm an actual anarchist and that is about as far from the truth as you can get.

Trump is a big-government Statist. He has virtually nothing in common with libertarianism.

His detractors want an even bigger government than he wants.

Old 05-28-2018, 01:28 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
That is asinine. I'm an actual anarchist and that is about as far from the truth as you can get.

Trump is a big-government Statist. He has virtually nothing in common with libertarianism.

His detractors want an even bigger government than he wants.
Anarchy means nonrecognition of authority (among other things relating to absence of govt). The not-my-president crowd don't recognize Trump as authority. It is bit of a stretch but to the anti-Trump crowd, it is true. That said, I don't think we'd see French or even Russian Revolution levels of anarchy if Trump was forcibly removed but rather typical US transition of power (granted for it to entirely switch the house needs to go Blue (not unforseeable) and Pence would need to step down or be removed as well.)

Old 05-28-2018, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Anarchy means nonrecognition of authority (among other things relating to absence of govt). The not-my-president crowd don't recognize Trump as authority. It is bit of a stretch but to the anti-Trump crowd, it is true. That said, I don't think we'd see French or even Russian Revolution levels of anarchy if Trump was forcibly removed but rather typical US transition of power (granted for it to entirely switch the house needs to go Blue (not unforseeable) and Pence would need to step down or be removed as well.)
I don't recognize any President as authority.

The anti-Trump crowd will have as much success removing him as did the anti-Obama crowd. It's all noise, mostly by paid actors and controlled opposition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies