Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2018, 10:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you know how much these players give back to their community and others. Many have started foundations for unprivileged kids,
Which are almost always primarily started as tax shelters. Spare me the PR campaign.

Quote:
making the lives of veterans
LOL..again with the PR, even crafted to the discussion at hand. Sell it to someone else.

Quote:
and their families easier.
Who isn't?

Quote:
I could go on and on. These are not spoiled athletes.
They absolutely are. Everyone else goes to work to do a job. These guys got lucky enough to be here so that they could make millions of dollars. They are absolutely spoiled when they use that platform to complain about "here".

Quote:
They actually care about our country and are trying to make a difference.
??? You've said nothing to support that. These are mostly people who would have never gone to college save for their football ability. They are athletes that run, hit, and catch balls. That's all that they are and that's what they should do for the people who buy tickets. They need to stop LARPing like they're Rosa Parks.

Quote:
Instead of listening to Trump perhaps you should read what these players are doing for our country
Sorry, I don't idealize athletes, rappers, or movie stars. That's ghetto, low class behavior and it comes with the associated values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2018, 10:52 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I am glad that we imprison criminals. Criminals in jail are exactly where they belong, and are unable to interfere with the lives of the good people.
If someone wants to avoid going to jail, a good start would be to stop doing crime. Isn't that correct?
Sure. Hardly anyone disputes that, including the NFL players

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...ice-department
Quote:
In addition, the department also identified serious concerns about the prevalence of racially discriminatory conduct by some CPD officers and the degree to which that conduct is tolerated and in some respects caused by deficiencies in CPD’s systems of training, supervision and accountability.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...ice-department
Quote:
The department found reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of:

Conducting stops, searches and arrests without meeting the requirements of the Fourth Amendment;
Focusing enforcement strategies on African Americans, leading to severe and unjustified racial disparities in violation of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and the Safe Streets Act;
Using unreasonable force in violation of the Fourth Amendment;
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...ent_report.pdf
Quote:
Ferguson’s law enforcement practices are shaped by the City’s focus on revenue rather
than by public safety needs. This emphasis on revenue has compromised the institutional
character of Ferguson’s police department, contributing to a pattern of unconstitutional policing,
and has also shaped its municipal court, leading to procedures that raise due process concerns
and inflict unnecessary harm on members of the Ferguson community. Further, Ferguson’s
police and municipal court practices both reflect and exacerbate existing racial bias, including
racial stereotypes. Ferguson’s own data establish clear racial disparities that adversely impact
African Americans. The evidence shows that discriminatory intent is part of the reason for these
disparities.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:53 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So does Trump and not just about the kneeling...
That makes zero sense. Its equivalent in content and creative value to "I know you are but what am I". It would have been better not to write anything.

Old 08-09-2018, 10:57 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Sports entertainers should not antagonize their audience.

Bad for business.

Old 08-09-2018, 11:16 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Trump can express his own opinion. The NFL will be rolling out their make cheerleaders this year. I’m sure that will make up for their viewer losses.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
That makes zero sense. Its equivalent in content and creative value to "I know you are but what am I". It would have been better not to write anything.
It is a consider the source situation. The kneeling controversy was barely heard of until that spoiled brat of a President talked about it again and called the players "sons of a *****'." That weekend we saw a spike in the kneeling with even the Steelers not taking the field (most would stop in the tunnel due to the playing of the anthem while They were all supposed to be standing at the edge like Villanueva did, but due to timing and reverence, they didn't. So yeah don't give me this when Trump pour accelerant on a dying fire, creating a forest fire.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:48 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Trump can express his own opinion. The NFL will be rolling out their make cheerleaders this year. I’m sure that will make up for their viewer losses.
News Flash, declining rating last year didn't have much to do with protests, as it did with bad back-up on the field where most Sunday Night Football games were two possession games.

Old 08-10-2018, 09:24 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times
I cant believe that there’s SO many people on CD that are too selfish to do anything for anyone but themselves are STILL complaining about athletes that are trying to do things for other people. As much as they could be doing other things for the cause besides kneeling, they’re doing SOMEthing. The people here complaining aren’t doing anything for anyone. Not informing people where to lodge complaints, not informing anyone of the process, just sitting on the keyboard blowing hot air here where nothing makes a difference.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:23 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
I cant believe that there’s SO many people on CD that are too selfish to do anything for anyone but themselves are STILL complaining about athletes that are trying to do things for other people. As much as they could be doing other things for the cause besides kneeling, they’re doing SOMEthing. The people here complaining aren’t doing anything for anyone. Not informing people where to lodge complaints, not informing anyone of the process, just sitting on the keyboard blowing hot air here where nothing makes a difference.
They're not doing anything except phony posture-whining. And kneeling isn't "doing something" in a good sense. It is "doing something" in a phony evil sense. Supporting criminality and bad character. The police and the prisons are what keep us safe from the brigands and the beasts. The NFL whiner-babies need to be kneeling in support of the police, not against them. And they need to be doing that ON THEIR OWN TIME, NOT when they are being paid by private employers on private property who are trying to produce an entertainment product that pays the bills, including their inflated salaries.

And please don't give me these bull$hit athlete foundations that are really nothing more than a public relations branding scheme. The athletes MAKE MONEY from these ventures. The money they contribute is an investment in future profits. So let's not romanticize them. They are BIZNIZZ.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...lete-charities

Boycott the NFL. Stop watching, stop buying jerseys and sneakers and other licensed trash. Stop supporting this pro-criminal advocacy.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:54 AM

2,258 posts, read 1,137,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
They're not doing anything except phony posture-whining. And kneeling isn't "doing something" in a good sense. It is "doing something" in a phony evil sense. Supporting criminality and bad character. The police and the prisons are what keep us safe from the brigands and the beasts.

You mean to tell me you believe the justice system gets it right 100% of the time and the protest have no merit? You believe everyone thats being held for months with no trial date is guilty?If you believe that you have your head in the sand. Do you know for sure that kneeling is the only thing that all of the kneeling players are doing to make change? The kneeling doesnt hurt you, so why are YOU so worked up about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies