Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 12:30 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,449,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Before being so outraged, maybe read the actual article, not just the tweet.

Is that all inappropriate enough now? I'm always suspect of these types of claims, but they have 16 people on record and others who didn't want to talk but identified who it was in question before being told the name.
That's it? Really?

And even if all that is true, so what? Now that you have outlined the allegations, this woman is starting to sound like either a snowflake, or a gold-digger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 12:32 PM

18,412 posts, read 15,123,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
This should be standard for any man even in a Business environment. The risks of being alone with a woman is too high and should be avoided if possible.

False accusations and Risk reduction for any Executive should be priority.
I make sure I am never alone with a female patient. I have had that policy for 20 years. I’m giving these women drugs, and they are not wearing clothes, so who knows what they will say? Because of the drugs, they may even think their accusations are true, so I always have someone else present, preferably another woman.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:39 PM

15,582 posts, read 7,467,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Of course, many women would respond that for decades (even centuries) their accusing men with sexual offenses, up to and including rape, often led to.....nothing.

Yes, it is sad that nowadays a simple accusation by a woman against a man can result in harm (reputation, economically) to the man.

But, it was also sad that for years a simple accusation by a woman against a man was not believed, especially if the man was considered 'powerful'. If the woman's accusation seemed credible on its face, then those in power in Hollywood or D.C. would start the publicity machine going casting aspersions on the woman's character (of her having former lovers and hence a tramp; of dressing provocatively and hence a tramp; of being unemployed and hence a 'gold digger').

It is akin to the police brutality against black people. When I was a youth in the 1960s, it was common to read that some black suspect was killed while 'resisting arrest'. That members of the black community would argue that the deceased was not resisting arrest, and that there would often be witnesses to the contrary (themselves black) was futile.

With the advent of camcorders (think Rodney King) and then of cell phones with video capacity, and finally of recording devices on police vests, many started to see that black men were often being killed for literally 'being black', for offenses such as selling single cigarettes, walking down a bridge, what have you. The old defense of 'resisting arrest' was very much weakened.

I do wish that there was some mechanism in which 'truth' could be readily established in cases like this. My legal background and way of thinking abhors the thought that an 'accusation' is accepted as 'guilt'.

Alas! Presumption of innocence is the rule of law in court, not the court of public opinion.

I was one of those that laughed when Vice President Pence reported that he would never be alone in a room with a woman not his wife. I would now recommend this practice for those in Hollywood and Washington D.C. If nothing else, it may cause the man, if so inclined to make unwanted advances towards a woman, to rethink his actions with a witness present.
Lies can not be told if there is a witness present and a person would not be able to assassinate ones character ... decades later. If that is true about Pence ... he's a smart person, not to allow himself to be put into a situation so as to be caught up in a web.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:45 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,555,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Until there's hard evidence, I'm not buying it. He was on PBS's "The Electric Company" for christsakes!

Old 05-24-2018, 12:48 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,926,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That's it? Really?

And even if all that is true, so what? Now that you have outlined the allegations, this woman is starting to sound like either a snowflake, or a gold-digger.
*sigh* still too lazy to read I guess? Here, let me spoon feed you some more from the same CNN article:

Quote:
In all, 16 people spoke to CNN about Freeman as part of this investigation, eight of whom said they were victims of what some called harassment and others called inappropriate behavior by Freeman. Eight said they witnessed Freeman's alleged conduct. These 16 people together described a pattern of inappropriate behavior by Freeman on set,

Old 05-24-2018, 12:55 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,449,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
*sigh* still too lazy to read I guess? Here, let me spoon feed you some more from the same CNN article:
The more quotes you provde, the more inclined I am becoming to declare this to be Bullshi_.

Again, if he sexually assaulted someome, or sexually harrassed someone over who he had authority, then hold him accountable. However, if this whole episode is being based on nothing more than the weak crap you have quoted so far, then it may well be that it is these women who need to be held accountable.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:58 PM

17,473 posts, read 17,314,892 times
Anyone else read #metoo as “pound me too”?

Old 05-24-2018, 12:58 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,926,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The more quotes you provde, the more inclined I am becoming to declare this to be Bullshi_.

Again, if he sexually assaulted someome, or sexually harrassed someone over who he had authority, then hold him accountable. However, if this whole episode is being based on nothing more than the weak crap you have quoted so far, then it may well be that it is these women who need to be held accountable.
So because you said "this woman" and made it sound like there was only one opportunistic gold digger, and I had to point out that there were 8 victims and 8 witnesses, you now believe it less? Totally makes sense...carry on with digging that hole.

I don't care if you believe the claims or not, all I'm saying is try reading next time instead of posting uninformed opinions that shows you obviously didn't even read the article in question.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:59 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,344,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I can't believe it.

Old 05-24-2018, 01:14 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,373,172 times
Other than the claims multiple people have against Morgan, we need more evidence. This could be work performance papers ("I felt uncomfortable around him for these reasons"), cameras, or audio recordings. Of course, phys. evidence is more damning against him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies