Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 01:35 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We've already got common sense gun control ad nauseum. If you count all of the redundancy between Federal, State, County and City levels there are thousands of firearm laws.
How many of them address instant background checks at gun shows?

How many of them address safe storage.

I'll wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 01:37 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

I'll wait.
There are already instant background checks at gun shows NICS. You cannot regulate what two people do in a parking lot and you cannot control what people do inside their homes. Plus, even if you did pass some stupid law like that it's not enforceable so why would one pursue it? California already has a dumb law and it asks you on the form what type of safe you have and when you say, I can't remember, you just pick one.

Wow, that law really has some teeth. Common sense? Really?

Old 06-01-2018, 02:09 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
There are already instant background checks at gun shows NICS.
Only for licensed dealers, and I bet you know that. Not for anyone else who has a table at those shows.

So, why not???

Old 06-01-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Only for licensed dealers, and I bet you know that. Not for anyone else who has a table at those shows.

So, why not???
It appears it was attempted and didn't pass because it didn't have legislation included to shut down gun shows. So it apparently was tried but failed. Again, how do you regulate two people exchanging money for a gun in their garage or parking lot? Almost no States allow private firearm sales at gun shows now without a BGC.

But if we are talking "common sense" what use is a BGC when a felon can attempt to purchase a gun, gets rejected and doesn't even get a fine? That a felon can have all the parts for a firearm sent to his house and just barely mills it with a hand drill. It takes about one hour to do this. BGC isn't just flawed it's ridiculous.

7 Gun Control Myths That Just Won't Die

Old 06-01-2018, 07:15 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,214,145 times
Quote:
It appears it was attempted and didn't pass because it didn't have legislation included to shut down gun shows. So it apparently was tried but failed. Again, how do you regulate two people exchanging money for a gun in their garage or parking lot? Almost no States allow private firearm sales at gun shows now without a BGC.

But if we are talking "common sense" what use is a BGC when a felon can attempt to purchase a gun, gets rejected and doesn't even get a fine? That a felon can have all the parts for a firearm sent to his house and just barely mills it with a hand drill. It takes about one hour to do this. BGC isn't just flawed it's ridiculous.

7 Gun Control Myths That Just Won't Die

It does get tiresome in just disproving those myths what wont die. It seems that no matter how many times you indicate that information to be false, it still come back up.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:31 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:

I'll wait.
The safe storage of guns would only be indicated if the gun was used in a shooting and from the same given address as the shooter. I don't buy a kid "stealing" a gun for one second. It isn't theft when Junior uses daddy's gun. Sandy Hook wasn't stolen guns like my brother and I argued about the other day. The problem is gun rights advocates are mostly in reality nuts, included my brother who continue to complain about their rights as gun owners getting infringed by a slippery slope of when will it stop and where is the line? The line was what dozens of calls over the Parkland shooter not being able to remove his guns.

Old 06-01-2018, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The safe storage of guns would only be indicated if the gun was used in a shooting and from the same given address as the shooter. I don't buy a kid "stealing" a gun for one second. It isn't theft when Junior uses daddy's gun. Sandy Hook wasn't stolen guns like my brother and I argued about the other day. The problem is gun rights advocates are mostly in reality nuts, included my brother who continue to complain about their rights as gun owners getting infringed by a slippery slope of when will it stop and where is the line? The line was what dozens of calls over the Parkland shooter not being able to remove his guns.
Pretty sure both sides have agreed loser boy should have been investigated and made opt out for buying a firearm. Yet it didn't happen.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:28 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Pretty sure both sides have agreed loser boy should have been investigated and made opt out for buying a firearm. Yet it didn't happen.
Here is the thing though, many gun rights advocates actually say "Well what more could have been done, Fourth Amendment..." and to an extent they are right. But the issue is we previously disallowed some people own It guns based on mental state, which the NRA supported Trump's executive order refunding that practice. Waffle House shooter was one of these (on top of being well a potential terrorist going after politicians) and he still got his guns bask through his dad. Let's just face it, guns are a part of the issue. A knife attack isn't as deadly as an attack as a gun. It just isn't.

Old 06-02-2018, 07:49 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
Quote:

how can you remove guns without a court hearing. you could get twenty people to claim you are unsettled have your guns removed, and then robbed or assulted

Old 06-02-2018, 08:11 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Wanting laws to be constitutional is now considered crazy? Interesting point of view you have there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies