Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 12:16 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times

Advertisements

Not allowing the GOP to destroy the ACA that millions of Americans are depending on. Repealing the huge tax giveaway to those who didn't need it, and maybe divert some of it to help actual lower and middle class working families who do. Preserving the social safety net.

That's good for a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 12:35 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Do they have one? Any message on the economy? An idea for North Korea, Iran? Dealing with China?

I know they don't like Trump's tweets already.

I've described myself as liberal for a long time but there are some things I can't get on board with.

I can't get there on the whole transgender thing. Boys are boys, girls are girls. Period.

I'm tired of gun-grabbers.

I'm tired of identity politics.

I'm definitely sick of immigration, both legal and illegal.

But I'm not a Republican...can't vote for them either.

Personally I don't care about the Russia investigation or Stormy Daniels or any of that crap. I'm too cynical about politics (and life in general) to believe that my vote or opinion makes a difference.

The 1% are firmly in charge of both parties. Anyone who believes otherwise is a fool.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Again -- historically Democrats may have created the identity politics but in today's world -- both parties rely on it.

And if you don' think so -- you are lying to yourself.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:50 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,141 times
Their message is behave however you want, and we won't hold you accountable- take absolutely NO personal responsibility as well! If you are a Christian however, they won't allow you to take this perspective- anyone that tries to hold democrats accountable is accused of "judging them". The rest of their message is "We want illegals, and we want to get rid of white Americans unless they are gay or transexuals.

Old 05-25-2018, 12:51 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I heard Pelosi explicitly say if the dems win the house, her goal is to raise taxes by repealing trump's tax law. https://youtu.be/uvny7w-JWBE

the dems have consistently said they support sanctuary cities and Pelosi has said ms-13 gang members are "god's children" and "have a spark of divinity". dems want to enact laws to protect anyone who can sneak across the border illegally and give citizenship to illegal criminals. https://youtu.be/4BTkMt_RL68

several politicians in the dem political party have said they want to impeach trump. the dems don't care that he was legally elected by 63 million americans and has not had any criminal charges levied against him. dems don't like trump personally or politically so he must go.

the democrat party platform for 2018 is so great: raise taxes, give citizenship to illegal criminals, impeach trump.
Excellent post!

Old 05-25-2018, 12:57 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
so basically the Democrats got nothing just as we thought except for being the current platform of hate.

Well, one thing NO American has is access to the far better than the ACA healthcare plan Trump promised would be in place soon after he took office. Republicans control Congress and the White House, it's unlikely any idea Democrats had, good or not, would be passed given the divisiveness of current day Washington so why not concentrate on the lack of accomplishment of what was promised by those in control?

Old 05-25-2018, 02:26 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Honestly, not liking Trump should be a strong enough message in its own right.

While the Democratic party ran an total crooked idiot last time around in Hillary and seems to have no solid message, that no more excuses voting for Trump than saying that you "hate the Crips," so you then go out and invite the Bloods into your neighborhood.

Since some people seem to have a problem figuring this out - Trump is a horrible human being who has no business running anything more important than a lemonade stand. He is a liar, a crook, a thug, and a tool - and that's just from the public records. He has destroyed almost everything he's touched, and betrayed almost everyone who has trusted him. Nobody with a scrap of honesty who supports him today would have trusted Trump with their money, house, or wife before he ran for office; then, he was the poster-child of narcissistic, rich brats - a punchline for every joke.

There is nothing the Democratic party can say or do - or needs to say or do - that justifies supporting Trump. If you hate the Democrats, fine - as much of an overreaction as that may be. Vote 3rd party, or don't vote at all... but don't vote for Trump, a slimeball no honest man would trust with his daughter or car for an evening.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:29 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,032,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
They have many: We're going to raise your taxes. We hate the working class. We hate people in rural communities. We want Iran to have nukes. We want to leave NAFTA as-is. We support ISIS. We support open borders. etc. etc.
As opposed to what? The Republican plan of giving away our nation to the rich, hating the working class AND poor, hating anyone who's not a straight, white, Christian male, wanting North Korea to keep its nukes, mixing religion into law, valuing guns more than lives, sending our jobs overseas, and wanting to deport or kill anyone who's different?

Old 05-25-2018, 02:30 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Do they have one? Any message on the economy? An idea for North Korea, Iran? Dealing with China?

I know they don't like Trump's tweets already.
Frankly, while everyone obsesses on Trump's scandalous behavior, he's doing a rather brilliant job of eroding their base right out from under them. Working class whites. Working class blacks. Working class Hispanics. Union members. If they are all better off after four years of Trump, good luck getting them to vote Democrat.

If Trump f-cks it up, then the Democrats will win big. So far, things haven't exactly played out that way yet.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:35 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,677,767 times
Health care, something that all civilized countries have.

DACA for those who came here through no fault of their own.

The rest, the Dems are as divided as the Repubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies