Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 09:11 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
16 year olds getting their hands on firearms doesn't surprise me, but what really surprises me is how easy kids can make it on school grounds with guns (in this case, the kid excused him self from class and came right back with two handguns).
Yep, must have had it in his locker. This is why I’m so adamant that we need metal detectors. Urban schools have been doing it since the ‘90s. It’s going to be expensive, but cheaper than lives lost and lawsuits that should follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 09:14 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophronia Sphinx View Post
Malcolm Gladwell used the work of Mark Granovetter (Stanford) to argue the "slow riot" idea. Each incident of violence makes another violent incident more likely, due to less "cause" (such as extreme bullying) being needed. So instead of years of bullying contributing to a shooting such as what happened in Columbine, a much smaller disagreement with someone might cause a modern school mass shooting. People who are more easily provoked into violence may start a riot by throwing a rock. Once many rocks are thrown, people who usually wouldn't throw rocks begin. The same could be happening in school (and other) mass shootings in the US.
Whether or not Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold were bullied is a source of on-going debate, and I personally do not believe bullying is at the root of what happened. Eric was a deeply troubled young man who showed the distinct signs of psychopathy, including dreams of blowing up Denver. That's not bullying; that's severe mental illness.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:54 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
This is what I expected all along: the next progression from high school targets, now middle school. Next will be elementary schools so the media can get bonus points for dancing in the blood of toddlers. These events are orchestrated and the sheeple are too stupid to recognize it.
Yep, its a shame more people do not recognize whats being done to them right under their noses!

I have a sneaky feeling though, even if Govt came out and admitted they were planning these things, as a way to change public opinion on guns, I really doubt many people would care, they would just let it slide right off their back and go back to what they were doing before.

And thats exactly why these mass shootings are going to continue and probably get worse!

What really makes my blood boil, memorial day and July 4th are coming up, lots of people will be flying their flags, and talking about how much they love this country, but at the same time, they are not even willing to do what the founding fathers intended, they are too scared of the repercussions (arrest, death, etc).

Old 05-26-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep, its a shame more people do not recognize whats being done to them right under their noses!

I have a sneaky feeling though, even if Govt came out and admitted they were planning these things, as a way to change public opinion on guns, I really doubt many people would care, they would just let it slide right off their back and go back to what they were doing before.

And thats exactly why these mass shootings are going to continue and probably get worse!

What really makes my blood boil, memorial day and July 4th are coming up, lots of people will be flying their flags, and talking about how much they love this country, but at the same time, they are not even willing to do what the founding fathers intended, they are too scared of the repercussions (arrest, death, etc).
Are you for real? Four mass shootings have taken place in my city over the last twenty years, one just down the street from me. They were carried out by deeply troubled people, not orchestrated by our government. Please put away the tinfoil hat.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Are you for real? Four mass shootings have taken place in my city over the last twenty years, one just down the street from me. They were carried out by deeply troubled people, not orchestrated by our government. Please put away the tinfoil hat.
You do realize our very own govt ran a project for 20+ years trying to develop mind controlled assassins, to carry out their dirty work? ( MkUltra),this was PROVEN to be a real project, it was run by the CIA, its not a secret anymore.

Please explain to me what the scenario would look like, if they put this into motion...Do you actually think they would inform the people they are using 'people under special mind control' to carry out attacks, or would they DISGUISE it, make them look like something else, like 'lonewolf' attacks....seriously, think about it.

Besides that, do you actually believe our govt would be beyond killing kids or civilians, especially if it benefited long term?!! I most certainly would not put them beyond this.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
You do realize our very own govt ran a project for 20+ years trying to develop mind controlled assassins, to carry out their dirty work? ( MkUltra),this was PROVEN to be a real project, it was run by the CIA, its not a secret anymore.

Please explain to me what the scenario would look like, if they put this into motion...Do you actually think they would inform the people they are using 'people under special mind control' to carry out attacks, or would they DISGUISE it, make them look like something else, like 'lonewolf' attacks....seriously, think about it.

Besides that, do you actually believe our govt would be beyond killing kids or civilians, especially if it benefited long term?!! I most certainly would not put them beyond this.
I'm familiar with MKUltra, and if you're trying to imply that Eric Harris was party to it, you're out of your ever-loving mind.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:53 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Y
If such a thing were happening, the common aspect would be that the assailants had had disappeared or had not been seen for several years before the attack. MKUltra proved how long and intense the training would have to be to have even the slightest amount of control in that manner over someone's actions.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:19 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Ralph, that's a fascinating take. If you happen to have the link to post, I'd appreciate it if you would post it. I'd be interested in reading the article and I'm sure others would, as well.

Fundraiser for Jason and Ella.

Jason was released from hospital, haven't seen anything on Ella yet.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I'm familiar with MKUltra, and if you're trying to imply that Eric Harris was party to it, you're out of your ever-loving mind.
NO, Im not saying harris was part of MKU, Im just saying that our Govt sought to create people like this fairly recently, to use them like this.

To me, it shows the mindset of Govt, what approach they tried to develop, (and tried to keep it secret), that is extremely significant imo.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If such a thing were happening, the common aspect would be that the assailants had had disappeared or had not been seen for several years before the attack. MKUltra proved how long and intense the training would have to be to have even the slightest amount of control in that manner over someone's actions.
Thats not really what I was suggesting, but its interesting to think, kids that were in MKU, would be adults now and are out there somewhere today!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies