Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 04:46 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times

Advertisements

Even if the referendum fails Irish women will continue to travel to England and Scotland to get abortions, it will not prevent abortions. Same in the US, there were abortions before Roe V Wade and they would have continued if it failed.

So much time spent on addressing the symptom rather than prevention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 05:00 PM

505 posts, read 368,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
(words)

Sit down. Go hug a mongoose, or something.

Good for those voters over the pond!

Old 05-25-2018, 05:08 PM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
I am not a fan of abortion but in some cases it is necessary.

My wife who is Irish was just speaking to her mom about the vote and she thinks it is terrible that it has even come up.

The reason why it did was because a woman died. She was pregnant, her baby died in the womb and instead of taking it out they left it up to the will of God and the mother died from the infection.

There should be times when abortion is allowed such as when the very life of the mother is at risk.

My wife asked her mom "what it that was me on the gurney and my dead baby was slowly killing me? Would and abortion be ok then?" Of course it is.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:26 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
I don't want them to end up like us, murdering 52 million babies under the Communist banner of "choice". Or, worse, like the UK, which even now murders born children like Alfie Evans.

I hope that the abortion whores like Planned Murderhood Federation get slapped down on their attempts to repeal the 8th.

(BTW, as far as I'm concerned, Roe vs. Wade is a violation of OUR 8th Amendment, plus it violates the 14th Amendment (ironic, I know!) because I don't consider five robed tyrants issuing a ruling like they are gods (they are not!) as "due process of law".)
Looks like you may not get your wish. May you have these same results repeatedly.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/25/europ...ntl/index.html

Old 05-25-2018, 05:44 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,253,087 times
So trying to control American women's lives isn't enough for the anti-choice crowd? Now they want to control all countries?

All that will happen is that other countries will become the progressive sensible ones, while American religious crusaders try to drag us back to the 50s.

America is going to be left in the dust both culturally and environmentally, while other countries get on with the future.

These luddites dragging us backwards are so tiresome.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:47 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The reason why it did was because a woman died. She was pregnant, her baby died in the womb and instead of taking it out they left it up to the will of God and the mother died from the infection.
What the ever loving.....you have GOT to be kidding me. What sort of monster would allow that?
Quote:
Halappanavar, 31, died in October 2012 from an infection caused by a miscarriage that she was not allowed to terminate. Doctors had told her losing the pregnancy was inevitable, but she was still not allowed an abortion because the fetus had a heartbeat.
She died of a septic infection approximately one week after her request was denied.
Thats....horrific.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:54 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
The State has no right to tell ANYONE what they can or cannot do with their body.
I agree.

However, unless U.S. men decide to use their body to kneel instead of stand on command when the Star Spangled Banner is played, the state generally leaves men to decide for themselves on such matters.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:56 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,802,696 times
Anti-Catholic hate was a major reason for the way the referendum turned out.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:58 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,117,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I agree.

However, unless U.S. men decide to use their body to kneel instead of stand on command when the Star Spangled Banner is played, the state generally leaves men to decide for themselves on such matters.
What punishment has the State specifically doled out to those NFL players who choose to kneel during the anthem?

Name one spectator who has been arrested for not standing for the anthem at a U.S. sporting event.

I'll be waiting.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:59 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Anti-Catholic hate was a major reason for the way the referendum turned out.
If that’s what you need to tell yourself to rationalize the outcome, than so be it; you’re well within your rights to establish an alternate reality.

By the same token, the Irish have voted in their own interests, not that of a single religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies