Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2018, 11:24 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
You are expecting the women to keep the rapists baby? As a sweet reminder of how wonderful the whole experience was? And you are willing to kill the rapist, but we must keep his sh***y genetic blue print going? Brilliant thinking!
That poster is shamefully what we are forced to share a country with and why I am all for Bluexit.

BLUEXIT
A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 11:30 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,854 times
What specifically is your concern?

Old 05-25-2018, 11:31 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
That poster is shamefully what we are forced to share a country with and why I am all for Bluexit.

BLUEXIT
A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america
Dude, I am for complete and total secession.

Start by letting each of the 50 states declare its independence, then, after everything settles, let each county secede, then finally, every municipality. Eventually abolish all government. AnCapistan at last.

HELL YES!

Old 05-25-2018, 11:37 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Dude, I am for complete and total secession.

Start by letting each of the 50 states declare its independence, then, after everything settles, let each county secede, then finally, every municipality. Eventually abolish all government. AnCapistan at last.

HELL YES!
I want a government the way it was meant to be when the nation was founded, before the regressives, bible thumpers, and greed driven corrupt ****wads hijacked it.

A government of the people, by the people and for the people is not what we have now.

And I'm not a dude.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:43 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
To think, they actually put self-ownership up for a vote.
Boggles the mind.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:57 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
To take healthcare away from children in this country is sorta sicker.
Hmmm, I don't know. I feel like if we pulled out a scale that could measure which was sicker, and on one side we had dead children, and on the other we had live children who might catch a cold one day and have to go to the free clinics which are located like everywhere, I think the scale would definitely tip to the "dead babies" side. I don't know, something about being alive to possibly get sick sounds better than never even getting a chance to draw breath. But that's just me.

Also, let me say that I don't get to involved in the abortion debate because in the end, it doesn't matter what I think. People are going to do what they are going to do, no matter what the I, you, the government, etc. has to say about it. However, there is one thing that bothers me about the usual "pro-choice" narrative. I always hear women saying "my body, my choice". And sure, I get that. Of course it's your body, and so, in the end, it is your choice. My question is, what about the other body involved in this choice. You know, the body of the child. They never get to make a choice. What they could want or need is never considered, because their very existence happened to be an annoyance for their host, so they end up being cheated at their chance for life, their chance to decide what's right and wrong for them. Yes, I know, most people don't care about these things, because we are only human, and inherently selfish, thus we generally only think about what we want or what is best for us. But personally, I think it would be nice if people would spare a thought for the very real lives they are disposing of every time they go into an abortion clinic. You can tell yourself it's just a lump of tissue and blood all you want, that doesn't change the fact that we all know exactly what that lump of tissue will become if given the chance. Another human being, with feelings and needs and wants, just like you and me.

****Since Roe v. Wade, over 54 million babies have been aborted in the US. How, as a society who condemns the actions of the Nazis and their extermination of 6 million Jews during the Holocaust, do we not have a problem with the extermination of 54 million lives right here in our own country.

PS. The "Morning After" pill should be made readily available and free of charge for sexually active women. I would like to see this become a government program. If you stop the sperm and the egg from ever getting a chance to do their thing, then you have not destroyed a life in my opinion. And since men can easily acquire free condoms from clinics all over the country, I feel there should be a free option for women who want to protect themselves against unwanted pregnancies as well.

Old 05-25-2018, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I want a government the way it was meant to be when the nation was founded, before the regressives, bible thumpers, and greed driven corrupt ****wads hijacked it.

A government of the people, by the people and for the people is not what we have now.

And I'm not a dude.
Lighten up I call everyone dude--even my GF.

I want every person to be his or her own government. No one needs someone to rule over them unless they consent to be ruled. Voluntary exchange and free association can easily replace a State.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Boggles the mind.
Tell me about it. It's slaves voting how hard Massuh is gonna whip 'em.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:02 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post

Glad to hear it....

keep laws off the bodies of women
Bingo, don’t legislate a woman’s body or the bedroom. It’s shocking an otherwise decent country would have such an archaic law.

Imagine that, women want full control over their body.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
You are expecting the women to keep the rapists baby? As a sweet reminder of how wonderful the whole experience was? And you are willing to kill the rapist, but we must keep his sh***y genetic blue print going? Brilliant thinking!
The child would be half hers too, NOT just the rapists though, If i were a women and got pregnant thru rape, I highly doubt I would ever even consider abortion, mainly because part of me made that child.

What I really do not understand, everyone seems to care so much about children once they are born, I see this anytime a child is missing or killed, but when a mother kills her child, they think its sooo terrible?? Wouldnt the child still be hers, her choice? If they think its ok to kill the baby before birth, why would they care what is done after the birth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies