Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 11:08 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
....in an OP ed piece for the Baltimore Sun.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ion/646282002/

Two graduates of the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md., penned an op-ed in The Baltimore Sun questioning President Trump's suitability to deliver the commencement speech to this year's graduating class of midshipmen on Friday.

"It is right and fitting that the president of the United States give a commencement address to a service academy’s graduating class," Daniel Barkhuff and William Burke wrote in Wednesday's edition of the paper. "It is also right and fitting that citizens of the democracy for which these graduates will soon be charged with protecting point out the personal cowardice, narcissism and incompetency of the current president."

Barkhuff and Burke graduated from the Academy in 2001. They now work at Veterans for Responsible Leadership.
Don’t matter to me. He is the president.
TRUMP 2020 MAGA

Old 05-26-2018, 11:10 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
"It is right and fitting that the president of the United States give a commencement address to a service academy’s graduating class," Daniel Barkhuff and William Burke wrote in Wednesday's edition of the paper. "It is also right and fitting that citizens of the democracy for which these graduates will soon be charged with protecting point out the personal cowardice, narcissism and incompetency of the current president."
It sounds like they decided to trade their dignity in for a brief moment of emotional catharsis, because they lost an election. Not very intelligent.

Old 05-26-2018, 12:16 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times
So some nobody writes an op-ed ? BFD!

Old 05-26-2018, 12:41 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,850,546 times
Let's see. Two naval academy graduates from the turn of the century, representing(?) the views of today's graduates and about a thousand people a year...since 2000 that translates to about 18 thousand grads...have spoken out. Surprisingly they appear to earn some part of their income from the organization they (and one other named guy) represent. I wonder where the funding comes from. My guess is a few of the 18 thousand even voted for Hillary .

Maybe TRUMP should hire a few ex military people to help him...oh, wait!

Fake news from the fake media, and more name calling and ad hominem attacks. More swings and misses...

Old 05-26-2018, 01:03 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
OK...

"Soon we will switch our fundraising efforts towards wealthy donors, and hire political strategists and media consultants to reach as many voters in critical states as possible with the message that there is a new generation of leaders ready to replace Trump"

https://www.gofundme.com/a-grassroots-superpac

At least they are honest about aspiring to become an even greater part of the DC swamp President Trump is working to eliminate.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:07 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Good for them for calling him out.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:52 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,141,179 times
Thanks, that's really interesting about the op-ed.

Technically, there's nothing wrong with having a physical coward as a president. I mean, I'd be happy to have a president who was an educated, experienced person; a thoughtful, analytical person; an astute, insightful person; a compassionate, empathetic person; an honorable, trustworthy person - and I wouldn't give a damn if he was too chicken to get into a fistfight.

The disconnect is when you have as a president a physical coward who has none of these positive traits, but has a fondness for lavish military displays and flamboyantly, threateningly violent rhetoric.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:38 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
There are radical lefties in each branch. I merely point out that President Trump remains very popular among the Armed Forces in general, these two nincompoops notwithstanding!
No way of truly knowing.

I know a Col. who was REALLY high up in the Military Industrial Complex....I mean big time Lord of War (big commissions from the biggest military contract in history). He was doing this stuff during the GW years and clearly said he thought GW was FOS.

Of course, he would never say that to Lockheed Martin or to his Fellow Lords of War. They all go along to get along ($$$)....

One thing we know for sure. Trump has the lowest popularity among American citizens of any President in modern history (since they have been tracking these things). That takes some doing.

Let's not pretend this guy is popular with the citizens. Hopefully, the services reflect the populace because it would be scary to think otherwise.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

The man must break out in a smile when he goes over 40%. Obama, never for one day in those either years, had numbers as bad (scroll down the page)....

I'm sure he's popular among the Flynn-type in the Military, but is that a good thing?

Old 05-26-2018, 08:12 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
2 guys... don't make " the military". Lol
^ This, 100%

This isn't even a story. 2 graduates out of a graduating class of 1,200+.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:22 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
I`m sure he does appreciate and honor our U.S. Naval grads. None of them have been captured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies