Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 06:37 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,861,796 times

Advertisements

Scammy Whammies!

It' the American, uh, thing.

S'all over.

I did the research from my Apple computer dictionary:

"whammy |ˈ(h)wamē|
noun (pl. whammies) informal

an event with a powerful and unpleasant effect; a blow: the third whammy was the degradation of the financial system. See also double whammy.

• chiefly US an evil or unlucky influence: I've come to put the whammy on them.
ORIGIN 1940s: from the noun wham + -y1; associated from the 1950s with the comic strip Li'l Abner, in which the hillbilly Evil-Eye Fleagle could “shoot a whammy” (put a curse on somebody) by pointing a finger with one eye open, and a ‘double whammy’ with both eyes open."

When a wham comes my way, I send it back to the sender with full force.

When the State Administrator (the bag man) distributed bribes to Government officials to wham me, especially on behalf of a bribal cash competitor (a money laundering company from the Chicago area), I enlisted the IRS to hard wham the State.

I was supposed to get a cash reward from the IRS, but didn't, cuz a the stuff going on over their heads in California.

The State did pay dearly, though.

With me, it was kinda like a "thou art though" kinda thing, or something.

The educated Libertarians here got kinda disturbed by my State wham, thinking that considering the amount of back tax money the State owed the Social Security Administration, the State would be forced to raise State taxes to pay its back tax obligations to the SSA. They took the position that they were whammed by my whamming State tactic.

The State's revenged retaliation recruited the local banks to call all my loans due immediately.

So, screw 'em - I paid off all my debts (discharged the obligations) with Sight Drafts backed by what the FK ever . .

I've always hated American corruption.

Be interesting to see how Trump comes out from a slippery stripper waxed floor with his hands full.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 05-27-2018 at 08:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 06:57 AM

51,641 posts, read 25,774,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
No, you guys constantly call Trump a con man, yet offer no proof. Just crying it over and over doesn't make it true.

Countless cons by Trump have been posted on the same threads that you post.

- Trump conned hundreds into paying to attend his near-worthless Trump University.

- Trump conned banks into lending him more money even after he repeatedly failed to pay them.

- Trump conned countless contractors into working for him, then stiffed them.

- Trump conned millions into voting for him by getting them to believe his lies about Mexicans, Muslims, Blacks, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and all the "wonderful," "beautiful" things he'd do for the people who supported him. On Day 1 he was going to do all sorts of things that he still hasn't made a move toward on Day 491.

- Trump conned the gullible with his talk of more affordable, more people covered, better health insurance. So far, nary a plan has even been presented.

- Trump is conning the gullible at this very moment with his constant talk and tweets about the "deep state" within the FBI/DOJ/State Dept. having it in for him, wiretapping him, imbedding a spy within his staff, ... None of this is true. Not a shred of evidence to support this delusional nonsense. Even his own Secretary of State dismisses this as nonsense

I could go on, but I think that's enough for now.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 05-27-2018 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: response to deleted material

Old 05-27-2018, 07:10 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,206,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I realize you've got a job to do here, but you need to up your game beyond silly insults.

Countless cons by Trump have been posted on the same threads that you post. Not sure whether you are struggling with memory issues or reading comprehension challenges, but thought I try to get you up to speed.

- Trump conned hundreds into paying to attend his near-worthless Trump University.

- Trump conned banks into lending him more money even after he repeatedly failed to pay them.

- Trump conned countless contractors into working for him, then stiffed them.

- Trump conned millions into voting for him by getting them to believe his lies about Mexicans, Muslims, Blacks, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and all the "wonderful," "beautiful" things he'd do for the people who supported him. On Day 1 he was going to do all sorts of things that he still hasn't made a move toward on Day 491.

- Trump conned the gullible with his talk of more affordable, more people covered, better health insurance. So far, nary a plan has even been presented.

- Trump is conning the gullible at this very moment with his constant talk and tweets about the "deep state" within the FBI/DOJ/State Dept. having it in for him, wiretapping him, imbedding a spy within his staff, ... None of this is true. Not a shred of evidence to support this delusional nonsense. Even his own Secretary of State dismisses this as nonsense

I could go on, but I think that's enough for now.
Please go on an on. You said you could so please do. Nothing that I see listed while he has been president can be considered a con. Considering the assault against him by dems and rino's in congress - along with what the Obama admin did against him - he's producing at a satisfactory rate. When the IG's reports drop -- we'll see who conned who.

As far as things he has done before taking office - some are sketchy (TU) but others are just normal business dealings (lenders lending and contractors not getting paid because of sub standard work).

I didn't read that piece but guessing Obama wasn't in it - and to me he is the greatest con artist of them all, in league with the MSM.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:33 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,984,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
When will the NYT write a complete and honest article that includes all the cons in politics.
Probably never.
They would have to write about the biggest con and spotlight the democrats who have conned everyone who would listen for decades. The con, of the left today, they cannot allow anyone or anything that is different. The "con" of conformity. Transgress and you are shamed, punished and destroyed in true authoritarian style. The full force of the state will seek you out and crush you and anyone that stands in the way of their collective.
Yes this article addresses Trump because Trump is front and center.

And yes -- politics is a con game.

But the biggest example of that right now is Trump.

Trump has never ever demonstrated any interest in anything but making himself money. He's proud of that.
He never has shown any concern or interest for others. He could easily have had an impact on his community with his name/brand, etc. and he chose not to.

All of a sudden now he cares for the coal miner in West Virginia -- BULL.
All of a sudden now he cares for the kids in Flint Michigan -- BULL
All of a sudden now he cares about the people in Chicago -- BULL

He doesn't care if the people in Ohio have been losing jobs for 20 years. He just doesn't.

But somehow he has convinced folks he cares for the common man. He doesn't care for anybody but himself.

And yes -- many politicians are like him. But many did start out caring, started out working hard in their community to make changes. Sure they have become cynical over the years and eventually played the political con game like everyone else....but at least there was an ounce of caring and compassion.

For Trump it's all about the marketing moment.

My dislike of the man has little to do with his policies. He just adopts whatever policy he thinks is the most popular with his base. And I don't oppose all Republican policies.

But this whole animal comment -- he is playing people. That's the thing -- his policies can't stand on their own so he and Sanders have to create things that aren't true.

I don't know about this poll -- I would like to see the trend in the next month and then we can comment if there is truly a shift.

One week does not make a trend.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:35 AM

46,260 posts, read 27,064,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Specifically?

Proof they are lies/exaggerations?

GO for it!

Or we'll know where the BS really is.

TO say this just started with trump is pure BS.....

Maybe you forgot this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg98BvqUvCc

Old 05-27-2018, 07:38 AM

46,260 posts, read 27,064,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
How long before some bozo, who either couldn't comprehend or didn't bother to check that his physician was no longer one of the preferred providers on his insurance policy, posts that Obama ACA con about how he could keep his doctor?

The countdown begins.

So, you don't like the truth? I would not either, especially if it was from your former savior....

Old 05-27-2018, 08:05 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,206,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yes this article addresses Trump because Trump is front and center.

And yes -- politics is a con game.

But the biggest example of that right now is Trump.

Trump has never ever demonstrated any interest in anything but making himself money. He's proud of that.
He never has shown any concern or interest for others. He could easily have had an impact on his community with his name/brand, etc. and he chose not to.

All of a sudden now he cares for the coal miner in West Virginia -- BULL.
All of a sudden now he cares for the kids in Flint Michigan -- BULL
All of a sudden now he cares about the people in Chicago -- BULL

He doesn't care if the people in Ohio have been losing jobs for 20 years. He just doesn't.

But somehow he has convinced folks he cares for the common man. He doesn't care for anybody but himself.

And yes -- many politicians are like him. But many did start out caring, started out working hard in their community to make changes. Sure they have become cynical over the years and eventually played the political con game like everyone else....but at least there was an ounce of caring and compassion.

For Trump it's all about the marketing moment.

My dislike of the man has little to do with his policies. He just adopts whatever policy he thinks is the most popular with his base. And I don't oppose all Republican policies.

But this whole animal comment -- he is playing people. That's the thing -- his policies can't stand on their own so he and Sanders have to create things that aren't true.

I don't know about this poll -- I would like to see the trend in the next month and then we can comment if there is truly a shift.

One week does not make a trend.
Personally I think your anger is misdirected. Who was in office at the time these areas saw declines and what did they do about it? Why should a private business person who has zero affiliation with these areas commit their personal resources to them? He's president now and it's expected for him to cheerlead and promote USA jobs. Of course he's a marketer. Most policies look at the whole and not at the individual and you can't please everyone -- so perhaps you need to get more involved in politics if you want substantive change. Someone once said that democracy is not a spectator sport.

If you really want to get to the bottom of the problems for the items you listed - do deep research on them and figure out why they happened and who let it happen.

Unfortunately - things are going to get very difficult over the next 5 years because of all the policies and debt built up by prior administrations. The (global) pension crisis and sovereign debt crisis are here.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:19 AM

6,740 posts, read 3,358,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump will pass and we will start healing and start working together as a country again.
I'm sure we will.

With higher taxes, more regulations, fewer jobs, more welfare recipients, and a country flooded with illegal aliens living off the few taxpayers that aren't sucking government teat.

Ah, the good old Obama days.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:23 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,492,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
In today's NYTs, Maureen Dowd wrote a column of the rise of the con artist. From our commander-in-chief right on down the con artist is on the rise.

On Trump:

On Elizabeth Holmes:

On the role of Facebook and Google:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/26/o...ion=highlights

I would also add this as to what has made Trump so effective a con artist among his supporters: Trump learned the lesson of Ponzi: Your best marks are those that are in your group, religion or clubs. If they think like you the more it is easy to scam them.
The system is broken?
Wasn't it argued by the left, that the electoral college should be disbanded and that only the popular vote should count? Because states shouldn't have any say in elections, only cities with high volumes of people?

Elizabeth Holmes? Never heard of her.
However, I do know a con artist... who really did some hefty damage...
Their name is-Bernie Madoff.

Facebook and Google?
You mean a social media app that ran a 5 hillary and 2 Bernie Sanders campaign ads, for every 1 Trump/GOP ad?
Google? A search engine? It's subsidy YouTube that has done the same as Facebook with ads? Now has removed quite a few conservative outspoken video channels?

You're still wondering why your side lost the election and finding other avenues to blame other than Russia?

Old 05-27-2018, 10:03 AM

51,641 posts, read 25,774,605 times
Despite all the disparaging remarks and silly insults, Trump fans have not been able to point out one single thing Trump has done that is not a con.

Too damn funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies