Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 05:26 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times

Advertisements

Great article by Newt:

Newt Gingrich: Why the Mueller probe is really five scandals, not one | Fox News

I realized that the scandal is so big, so complex, and involves so many people with power that codifying it really required me to draw from my experience writing novels. There are so many egos and there is so much manipulative behavior, dishonesty (and dishonesty about the dishonesty) that it is very difficult to explain it as a straightforward history. It could be more easily explained as a narrative of ambition, illegality and criminal plotting.
Finally, it hit me that the real problem is that there are five parallel and often interlocked scandals going on in concert:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 05:48 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Agreed, the left truly did hijack our government years ago and has been running rogue with it ever since.

That's why its called "The Deep State". It is BELOW the administrative veneer of the Executive Branch political appointee. It endures, like a roach infestation, because it is protected by the bureaucracy of careerism which is the foundation of the "civil service" sector.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:12 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Great article by Newt:

Newt Gingrich: Why the Mueller probe is really five scandals, not one | Fox News

I realized that the scandal is so big, so complex, and involves so many people with power that codifying it really required me to draw from my experience writing novels. There are so many egos and there is so much manipulative behavior, dishonesty (and dishonesty about the dishonesty) that it is very difficult to explain it as a straightforward history. It could be more easily explained as a narrative of ambition, illegality and criminal plotting.
Finally, it hit me that the real problem is that there are five parallel and often interlocked scandals going on in concert:
Definitely worth the little bit of time to read this link. It's not long at all, but long enough to point out the five points in enough detail to make one worry about the condition of the DOJ and FBI as it is now.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:17 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Your reading a guy who was knocked out of the speakership by his own party. One who lied and just made stuff up.

Who is a K Street lobbyist.

Cannot believe a word he writes.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:21 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,253,078 times
As to why the DOJ is corrupt it's because most lawyers are liberals. That in turn is because liberals tend to be highly verbal, often at the expense of other aptitudes, and law and politics are one area of life where you can become rich and famous by "saying the magic words."

Old 05-27-2018, 06:24 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Your reading a guy who was knocked out of the speakership by his own party. One who lied and just made stuff up.

Allow me to translate this from lib-speak to English: "I can't factually refute/disprove anything in the article, so I'll mindlessly attack the messenger".

Old 05-27-2018, 06:28 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Allow me to translate this from lib-speak to English: "I can't factually refute/disprove anything in the article, so I'll mindlessly attack the messenger".
Nothing to dispute, they are all lies. It's Newts history, spit out stuff and hope it sticks to the wall.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:33 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Nothing to dispute, they are all lies. It's Newts history, spit out stuff and hope it sticks to the wall.
For some bizarre reason Gingrich garners admiration from the right and he's such an amoral lying sack of self-serving crap, but then again look at their standard bearer in The White House.

Gingrich also wangled a job for his wife in this putrid administration so some boot-licking is required.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:

Did you believe Gingrich when he said that government is too large or that Bill Clinton needs to be impeached?

Old 05-27-2018, 06:40 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
I can't believe I wasted my time reading that trash. So, Rob Rosenstein, a republican, and dedicated US attorney is a member of the Deep State. Newt is so desperate that he has to go back 25 plus years on Hillary. The coup de grace is that the former Speaker of the US House of Representative has so sold his soul to the Trumpian devil that he has to spread lies about Clapper and Brennan and the government he once served. What is the devil offering him in return? A job or a cut of Trump's take...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies