Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2018, 09:34 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Can you tell me at which point in the video you saw the kick in the balls because I just don't see it.

It would have preceded the video and is mentioned in some of the articles:

Quote:
https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...483819841.html

Wildwood Commissioner of Public Safety Tony Leonetti told NBC10 Weinman assaulted one of the officers first by kicking him in the groin and then running away, which the video does not show. Wildwood Police also say at one point Weinman spat at one of the officers.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:34 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Can you tell me at which point in the video you saw the kick in the balls because I just don't see it.
I didn't say she did it. "officials in wildwood, NJ claim she did it.

Officials in Wildwood, New Jersey, claim Weinman was drunk on the beach and kicked an officer in the groin.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/video-sho...131835489.html

Wildwood’s Mayor Suggested Weinman Provoked the Incident, Which He Called a ‘Shame,’ & He Said Body Camera Video Will Show Her Insulting & Spitting on the Officers

This is not Weinman’s first run in with the law and not the first time she’s been combative, according to court documents. In September of 2016, she was arrested and charged with burglary, simple assault, criminal mischief, criminal trespass and recklessly endangering another person.

In November of 2017, Weinman pleaded guilty to misdemeanor simple assault and misdemeanor “recklessly endangering another person.” She was sentenced to serve four years of probation and pay just under $10,000 in court costs and restitution.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/05/emily-weinman/

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-28-2018 at 10:04 AM..

Old 05-28-2018, 09:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Should she have been hit? No. Was she at fault for the whole thing? Yes. Just more cop hating garbage.
Who knows?

None of us were there.

Posts to FB typically favor the poster’s version.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:42 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Shocking moment officer punches bikini-clad girl in the head during arrest | Daily Mail Online

Cops are horrible people. Though in the U.S it isn't surprising given how a high school retard is capable of becoming a police officer. Being part of the police should require an IQ of at least 115 as well as a good look into the person's past to see if they were ever a bully. Hitting a young small woman wearing a bikini is something only stupid ape cops do.
Nah, you're wrong and clearly biased.

The cop shouldn't have been so rough with her, but everything that she did invited the arresting situation.

She was underage with alcohol on public property that doesn't allow alcohol. Those are two violations to start.

She was then stand-offish and uncooperative with the cops who were trying to get to the bottom of it. She refused to give her name and, from the context that I get from the story, was likely lying about both alcohol consumption and her age.

She then had the audacity to lecture the cops on what they should be doing. You know, instead of looking for underage people with alcohol (what they were there to do) because she didn't want to get fined or arrested for breaking the law. Not because of any logical reason.

One thing to know about cops is that, sometimes, admission of guilt will get you leniency. Jerk cops around and you will get what is coming.

She says that she wasn't drinking, but that would have been beside the point at that juncture and she doesn't have much credibility there as far as I'm concerned.

To top it all off, instead of then just sitting there, she started to back away and call her husband. Which would technically be resisting, or at least an arrest worthy level of non-coompliance if the cop was telling her to do something else. After you resist, the cops generally will get physical.

Saying that "she didn't trust" the situation is teenage level unvarnished bull. They were obviously cops. You don't get to give the cops a hard time and try to escape a ticket because you "don't trust the situation". To me, this later evasion of guilt is more proof of how much trouble this woman is in general. Nothing was her fault. The cops were suspicious. Even though she was there breaking the law on two counts, and then being exceedingly evasive.

The anti-cop press and population will run with this, but the story has no legs.

Last edited by golgi1; 05-28-2018 at 10:03 AM..

Old 05-28-2018, 09:44 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times
If she didn't want this to happen then she shouldn't have broken the law and resisted arrest when the cops got there. She doesn't get a pass because she's a teenage girl in a bikini.

Old 05-28-2018, 09:44 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It would have preceded the video and is mentioned in some of the articles:
If true, the will release bodycam footage quickly.

If it's a lie, well, we know how that will go.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:12 AM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Listen closely at about the :50 mark very end of the video and she says "I'm not one of those f*ng n-words that will let you treat me like this".

Great police work on the part of the cops for finding and taking out the dregs of our society. Don't resist and she could have had a better interaction.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:16 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Under age with small child getting drunk. Ok then.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:27 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
I had no idea underage kids drinking on a beach was such a big problem these days! Come to think of it, who among us hasnt done this kind of thing when they were younger.

Seems to me, the cops were just being jerks, if they had just left them alone, there would have been no problems. Geez!

Old 05-28-2018, 10:30 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Under age with small child getting drunk. Ok then.
If heavy.com is correct, she was currently on probation for previous crimes. I wonder what a citation would mean for someone on probation? \ https://heavy.com/news/2018/05/emily-weinman/

Last edited by texan2yankee; 05-28-2018 at 10:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies