Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 02:09 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The NRA was instrumental in helping blacks to learn how to use firearms to protect themselves from those Democrats.
LOL, No, No....no not at all!

Old 05-29-2018, 02:12 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Why do people not understand that the parties were much different back then, and both ended up splitting with the far more racist southern democrats joining the Republican party, and their more moderates going to the Democrats?

Heres a good educational link for you:
Democrats and Republicans Switched Platforms - Fact or Myth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Oh, they know this already.

They just like to pretend like that's not what happened.

You two nailed. That is all that needs to be said. /Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 02:15 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Because the South.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:20 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Linky please.

You need a link? I am not going to provide any links because the truth of what I will express will be self evident to the conclusion that all sides are hypocritical, manipulative scum, lacking all consistency.

Conservatives and Republicans like to bring up the idea that the Democrats were once the party of southern slavery. The problem is that the Democrats more recently were the party of the civil rights movement. Many of the old Democrats ended up moving to the Republicans. The Republicans on this issue would be exposed as manipulative scum alone except that the Democrats have a bit a of a problem here....

The Democrats keep babbling about the American legacy and the guilt of its past. That's a pretty big oops putting the Democratic legacy back on the table. Perhaps they would like to explain why our country is responsible for its past but not the Democratic party that was responsible for most of this past? Past matters in one case but not the other?

So in other words the Republicans use what should be a bogus argument. The Democratic party is not what it was in the 19th century. However the Democrats then say the country is responsible for the collective guilt from its past as a whole. So which is it , Democrats?

Old 05-29-2018, 02:21 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,526,328 times
Is school out for the summer? This is the third thread or so on this subject.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:23 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
LOL, No, No....no not at all!

I really don't know about the NRA helping , but the first gun control laws were aimed at disarming blacks.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:27 PM

37,167 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
The Democrats have a such a shameful legagy. Why has so much hate emminated from the Democrat party?
The democrats created the KKK for the same reasons the republicans control it today.

Do you need a history lesson...?

Old 05-29-2018, 02:27 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
because of racism

Old 05-29-2018, 02:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post

So in other words the Republicans use what should be a bogus argument. The Democratic party is not what it was in the 19th century. However the Democrats then say the country is responsible for the collective guilt from its past as a whole. So which is it , Democrats?
If you even think the Republicans and Democrats are a "thing" and that they have "guilt" as one or the other, it's useless to even discuss the matter.

Most Americans are independents. Sane Republicans and Democrats each think for themselves.

How the heck could a liberal like me have guilt when my ancestors weren't here until 1900 and they worked in the coal mines? At the same time, none of them are KKK or Confederates.

I never heard a word of "guilt" in all those years when I hung out with my Italian relatives. Not a peep. Never even heard them put down Confederates.

It's only having read 10's of thousands of pages of real history where I learned how evil lurked in the "Southern Way". It pervades most every subject since the founding of this country.....a disease.

I know a LOT of Southerners. Only 2 or 3 of them are the horrible ones...but, wow, they are extra-horrible. Most of the others are modern human beings, having rebelled in the 60's or gotten a decent education...or, having moved there from elsewhere where they had the benefits of a "liberal" education.

KKK and types like that are simply ignorant and, often, uneducated people. It's sad when they pass on this ignorance - most don't, of course. But it only takes a few to really poison the national conversation. The rest of us look and think "who could have produced people like that?"

Old 05-29-2018, 02:30 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
The Democrats have a such a shameful legagy. Why has so much hate emminated from the Democrat party?
Historically democrats represent the racists and racist ideals of society so fittingly they are the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK

Sadly, not many of their supporters and constituents are aware of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies