Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 04:16 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I'll add one to your list: "Taxation is theft"
Prove that it isn't. The very definition of theft is someone taking someone else's property by force.

theft
noun [ C/U ] US ​

the act of taking something that belongs to someone else and keeping it; stealing:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 04:18 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Refute them, then!

Or are you just going to prove*my point for me?
It's pointless to refute someone who genuinely believes that the militaries of China and Russia can be defeated by "private security companies" comprised of "ex-cops and ex-military members". And that people in your anarcho-capitalist fantasy world are only responsible for themselves and their families...... but are somehow supposed to band together in a time of war and defend the country that isn't really a country.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post

The OP frequently claims that “goons” from the government collects taxes from citizens “at gun point”.
More hyperbole. That's not what I've said.

What I have said is that if you don't pay taxes armed “goons” from the government come to arrest you and seize your property.

You're making it way too easy for me.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:20 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Let's see if he's right. Don't pay your taxes and set up a cam in your living room to see if armed State agents forcefully enter your home.

P.S. Don't drop the soap where you're going.
Oh? So our imaginary straw-man is employed, has housing, and used American infrastructure?

Sounds like if they don’t want to pay taxes, they shouldn’t be participating in our society. They can go wander the streets homeless to their hearts content, where rest assured, they’ll have no home for “armed state agents to forcefully enter”.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Your point is valid, the means upon which you’re trying to convince others....is manipulative to say the least.
It's only manipulative to those who are unable to think critically and question what they've been told.

2,830 posts, read 2,503,004 times
Quote:
Prove that it isn't. The very definition of theft is someone taking someone else's property by force.

theft
noun [ C/U ] US ​

the act of taking something that belongs to someone else and keeping it; stealing:

1.) You voluntarily use the US-backed dollar as your currency, and by doing so, you accept the rules that come with that decision.

2.) Unlike true theft, you get something in return for your tax money.

3.) .... and if you don't, such as when you pay taxes on programs you will never utilize, you have the ability to vote for people who will change how tax monies are collected and spent.

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
More hyperbole. That's not what I've said.

What I have said is that if you don't pay taxes armed “goons” from the government come to arrest you and seize your property.

You're making it way too easy for me.
Maybe they'll just have a nice chat with you over a nice cup of coffee?

Old 05-30-2018, 04:22 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
There are no effective property rights without aggression, unless you are native Swedish and live in Sweden for example. Some people are naturally cooperative. Most people aren't.

Notice how the OP misdefines key political contingents only around his sole purpose on this forum: which is to promote libertariansim. The politics of the perpetually intellectually immature everywhere.

Last edited by golgi1; 05-30-2018 at 04:33 PM..

Old 05-30-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Let's see if he's right. Don't pay your taxes and set up a cam in your living room to see if armed State agents forcefully enter your home.

P.S. Don't drop the soap where you're going.
Unless he/she wants to voluntarily.

Old 05-30-2018, 04:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
1.) You voluntarily decide to use the US-backed dollar as your currency, and by doing so, you accept the rules that come with that decision.

2.) Unlike true theft, you get something in return for your tax money.

3.) .... and if you don't, such as when you pay taxes on programs you will never utilize, you have the ability to vote for people who will change how taxes are spent.
You mean I don't have to pay taxes or at least can pay them in the currency of my choice?

Why didn't you Statists tell me this before?!

*rips open a bag of Doritios*

I got my property taxes paid for the next 60 years! One Dorito equals a 6-month payment.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies