Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 12:35 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times

Advertisements

I really hate that word and don't condone Ms Bee's statement at. all.
I'd have no issue whatsoever with whatever punishment her network decides to mete out.

Using that word is the height of laziness when there are so many other, more descriptive words that she could have used instead:
Insensitive
Clueless
Tone-deaf
Selfish

Old 05-31-2018, 12:37 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Most of us who are saying she needs to go or at least be suspended without pay for quite awhile also do not support what Roseann did. Where are you getting that crazy idea?
Please, go to the Roseanne thread and read all the comments from Trump supporters who are supporting Roseanne and are vowing to boycott ABC for canceling her show and are seeing nothing wrong with what she said. Take off your Trump blinders nmnita.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:38 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Using that word is the height of laziness when there are so many other, more descriptive words that she could have used instead:
Insensitive
Clueless
Tone-deaf
Selfish
Using those words wouldn't have had any effect. This horrible woman knew what she was doing by using the C word. She was a relative unknown, now her sorry name is being blasted coast to coast.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://www.dailywire.com/news/31303...mpaign=dwbrand

"The language used by Samantha Bee last night is vile and vicious," Sanders told The Washington Free Beacon. "The collective silence by the left and its media allies is appalling."

"Her disgusting comments and show are not fit for broadcast, and executives at Time Warner and TBS must demonstrate that such explicit profanity about female members of this administration will not be condoned on its network," Sanders continued.
Can anyone find her blasting Roseanne for what she tweeted? I bet not.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:39 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Thankfully, I have never heard of her.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:41 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Thankfully, I have never heard of her.
Ya have now! That was her goal!

Old 05-31-2018, 12:42 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I seriously doubt you can be this ignorant.
LOL.
Nothing ignorant about refusing to accept that Muslim is a race or that movie is racist.
What's ignorant is being so fragile that any reference to an ape, cotton, watermelon, etc. is considered a racist statement. Jarrett is what less than 1/2 black.
Ridiculous.

So if someone tweeted () The Last of the Mohicans and the Irish Republican Army had a baby=2mares.
That's suppose to be racist too. Should we all have a melt down. I find that much less offensive than being called a feckless c**t.

I don't know what Barr's intent was. Both women need to keep their big traps shut and show just a little class, regardless the reaction had everything to do with politics and nothing to do with racism.

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I really hate that word and don't condone Ms Bee's statement at. all.
I'd have no issue whatsoever with whatever punishment her network decides to mete out.

Insensitive
Clueless
Tone-deaf
Selfish
Like my mom used to say: People who use vulgarities and profanity are just exposing their lack of vocabulary skills.

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Using those words wouldn't have had any effect. This horrible woman knew what she was doing by using the C word. She was a relative unknown, now her sorry name is being blasted coast to coast.
Ah, well. Such is the climate in which we live. When someone gets elected for making hyperbolic, "look at me" statements, I guess it becomes all the rage.

I've known who she is for years and years. She was on "The Daily Show" with John Stewart what now seems like eons ago.
She was funny then and didn't have to resort to crassness to get her points across.
A truly kinder, gentler, classier time.

But like I said, such is the climate in which we now live.

Old 05-31-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
S

You too think sexism is okay? What happened to #MeToo about the bullying, harassment and intimidation of women? Women have been oppressed far longer than than African Americans have been the target of racism, but you condemn one and not the other?

I don't see many people defending Barr's comments, just calling for consistency in what is acceptable on the national stage.

Meh, when the OP posted CNN hosts might not have touched on it yet. The linked article didn't show an official CNN condemnation.
When did I say sexism is ok? If you voted for Trump then obviously think sexism, bullying, harassment and intimidation is ok since he has been and still is guilty of all the above. By the way, go to the Roseanne thread and you will see plenty of Conservatives defending her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies