Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2018, 02:22 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,160,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The reaction of liberals on the night of November 8, 2016 was very much Trump Derangement Syndrome. Hillary’s defeat was like a political holocaust for liberals (still is).

So, I disagree with you.
You really don't get it, do you?

Sure, some people were really freaked out and way over what I'd consider the top.

But... most people were just plain stunned that an idiot like Trump who displayed such a thorough misunderstanding of government, the Constitution, and good manners was elected.

Period. It wasn't really a Hillary thing. It was Trump.

I am pretty sure most people who opposed Trump would have welcomed the election of ANY of the other Republican candidates from 2016 over him.

And, it's not because he's so great and there would be so much "winning."

It's because he's daft and he's doing what most of us thought... making the US look like a bunch of idiots live here.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:24 PM

20,625 posts, read 19,287,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
In general, conservatives can not defend Trump. They deflect, blame others, or make up diseases (if you don't love him, you must be sick) in defense. They have no where else to go because facts just do not work for them.
Conservatives have their own problems but all you did was do exactly what you accused them of doing. Is there a policy you'd like to discuss?

Old 06-02-2018, 02:26 PM

20,625 posts, read 19,287,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
That's not a test. I could list some good things about Adolph Hitler. Anyone could.

Bringing up Hitler is a sign of Trump Derangement Syndrome. And you failed the test. You have it.

Quote:
I could list something good about Trump, probably... I just don't spend much time thinking about him because I don't like him. I didn't spend much time thinking about Charles Manson, either. Didn't like him.

Am I deranged for not liking Charles Manson?
ROTFLMAO. You can't do it.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The Left hates Trump so much, that they will literally defend anything he attacks and vise versa.

Do you actually listen to yourselves?

Defending MS-13 ? Organized criminals, Murderers, rapists, human trafficking?

And you think this is normal/justified because OMG Trump?

Really?
How was I defending them? I just said they are horrible people. In what universe is that any sort of defense?

I surely would not want to hang out with any of them.

I would not want them for neighbors. I would like any of them who have committed crimes to be arrested.

Where's that "defending" them?

I am opposed to calling any people "animals."

Trump's history of white nationalist sympathizing makes for bad optics when he refers to brown folks as animals.

It just does. I am stunned that you cannot see that.

Because there are plenty of brown folks who are decent, law-abiding citizens.

Do you think all of them are going to think "Oh, Trump only means those MS13 people an animals, not all of us who look like them."

Or, do you think that there might be a good many nonwhite folks who think that Trump is being particularly aggressive and rude to label them that way?

I mean, he did not call the white guy who rammed that girl in Charlottesville ON PURPOSE an animal, did he?

Nope.

He does not refer to Richard Spencer and his ilk as "animals" does he? Nope.

Do you at all see the problem with him saying stuff like that?

If we were in the middle of a situation like WWII and he'd referred to some other white guys, the Nazis, as animals, I doubt anyone would argue except the most extreme pacifists.

But, that is not what he's doing here. He says stuff like this and I really don't think he thinks about it at all. He just says whatever.

It's not alright just because these people have broken the law, to refer to those human beings as animals.

You are aware that the Bronx zoo once had a black man from the Congo in a cage as a display in the early 1900s, right? It was barely a hundred years ago.

I guess folks thought of him as an "animal" too.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:30 PM

33,858 posts, read 16,900,092 times
Quote:
I am opposed to calling any people "animals."

I am not, at least for the sadistic worst .001% such as Hitler, Mengele, MS13 and the like who behead people while murdering them.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Yes, tds is real. If you or a loved one suffer from this condition seek help. Shut off the tv and leftist web. There is real hope for you.
It would be just as easy to comment on the cultist commentary of Trump supporters and refer to it as some sort of mental illness, but that's just low-hanging fruit.

And it is inaccurate, really.

41,111 posts, read 25,662,614 times
Quote:
But... most people were just plain stunned that an idiot like Trump who displayed such a thorough misunderstanding of government, the Constitution, and good manners was elected.

Period. It wasn't really a Hillary thing. It was Trump.

I am pretty sure most people who opposed Trump would have welcomed the election of ANY of the other Republican candidates from 2016 over him.
People were stunned because it was all over the liberal media that Hillary was going to win by a landslide. Of course when you refuse to listen to anything from the opposing side but instead pull out the race card to silence them how in the world could they see otherwise. When the race card was played when people spoke out against the liberal agenda, people understood their opinion didn't matter. The left's political correctness bit them in the arse. People were silenced so instead they spoke with their vote. And the left refusing to listen could not know to change course. No one wants to feel they don't matter but liberals made it obvious that only they matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
In general, conservatives can not defend Trump. They deflect, blame others, or make up diseases (if you don't love him, you must be sick) in defense. They have no where else to go because facts just do not work for them.
I do think the whole "TDS!" cry is a major deflection.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
trump derangement syndrome is real. I've seen tds in real life. anyone who reads this forum regularly can name posters who suffer from it.
Nah.... they just don't like him or what he's trying to do.

That's not deranged. It's a constitutional right to criticize the government.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The relation is denying that the left is defending MS-13 .

The relation is that Trump calling them animals is somehow abnormal.

Given what MS-13 has done and is capable of, the term "animals" is being generous.

The relation is that the Left is making excuses for Samantha Bee calling Trump's daughter a c*** and trying to make it relative to things that Rosanne Barr said....

It has nothing to do with what Rosanne said....it's a completely separate issue and the only reason the Left is defending her use of the term is because it's being used against Tump/Trump's family.

If it had been ANY Conservative using that word about ANY Liberal female they would be LIVID and calling for their head on a stake.
Huh??

That doesn't make any sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies