Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 08:39 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Obama was treated pleasantly by the press because they agreed with him politically.

Had he been treated "Fairly" the press would have dogged him over fund raisers with weather underground unrepentant terrorists

fast and furious

IRS scandals

and a whole host of other things that had he been republican, he would have been daily raked over the coals over.
No, Barak was black--that is why the media fawned over the idiot--didnt want to risk being called a racist

Old 06-04-2018, 08:39 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If he was running against someone as unqualified as Trump?

Yes. I will be joining you. Let's make a lunch of it.
I seriously want to remain respectful here. I know I have said some silly things in this thread calling on you to vote for Ted Cruz... that was playful satirish.

but seriously with respect and pointed to the comment you made here. I have been a historian all of my life. I have spent hours doing presidential historical research.

Mr. Obama is decidedly the least qualified person to ever be elected president, both in terms of personal accomplishment and political experience.

So when I read things like your post above, I am left with a certain wonder.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:40 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Then you should like me. I voted for Cruz in the primary, but no way could I have voted HRC in the general. I was apprehensive when Trump got elected, but ecstatic that HRC lost. Now that Trump has been in for a while, I still cringe sometimes by what he says, but I like what he has done.
On another note, I think the liberals and the liberal press wouldn't have changed a thing as far as tactics are concerned and would have given Cruz the same treatment as trump has received. He might not have said as many things to upset them to the same degree, but they would have still gone after everything that he said.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
No, Barak was black--that is why the media fawned over the idiot--didnt want to risk being called a racist
that's bullpucky. and your comment is racist. you need to review yourself.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:49 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
OTOH, we can probably agree there were a small number of people who were against Obama because he was black, and at the same time there were some in the press that gave Obama more positive press for the same reason. You can't rule out there were some extremists on both sides. I just don't buy that either side had as many extremists as the opposition thinks there were.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:16 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
so you are telling me some liberal on the very liberal Salon.com doesn't like being "pathologized"

really? I am shocked I tell you! Shocked!!

there really is a Trump Derangement Syndrome and the left is suffering terribly.

Otherwise we have to assume rationality when vast numbers of Leftists say stuff like "MS13 are people too"
What Trump and his supporters are doing is simply Gaslighting 101. Deflect your own misgivings by making the accusers out to be crazy.

If there is a legit diagnosis for TDS, it would be applied to his supporters, not his detractors.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:47 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
oh give me a break--you know its true. Any time some disagreed with Obama, trade policy, troop movements, domestic taxes, the FIRST THING the media screams is racist!!!

Old 06-04-2018, 10:36 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
That could be because the OP, who has been very active in this thread, is a moderator who has already pointed out the TOS to one poster he disagrees with.

You have been the victim of that too.
They have deleted complete threads of mine that were not going their way.(who is Valarie Jarrett) and they are not the MOD here.

Old 06-04-2018, 11:09 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Interesting piece from last year in Salon. https://www.salon.com/2017/01/08/you...e-his-critics/

"Ironically, efforts to pathologize or psychologize those who oppose Donald Trump actually reflect deeper problems with both him as a candidate and now president-elect, as well as his supporters. Psychologists and other observers have concluded that Donald Trump may suffer from narcissistic personality disorder. He is an egomaniac with delusions of grandeur. Trump is also profoundly ignorant, and as the Atlantic pointed out in a blistering condemnation during the 2016 campaign, "he appears not to read." His movement possesses the attributes of a political cult. Trump is now also the leader of a Republican Party (and broader conservative movement) that acts more like a religion than a functional political organization interested in responsible governance."

I see this constantly on this forum, and I'm not sure if people who constantly go on about it realize that nobody actually thinks this is a disorder. It's just a nuisance where people toss it casually into any attempt to hold a conversation where parties are not in agreement.

"Interesting piece from last year in Salon"

"Simple mind are EASILY amused" as they say!

Old 06-04-2018, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
What Trump and his supporters are doing is simply Gaslighting 101. Deflect your own misgivings by making the accusers out to be crazy.

If there is a legit diagnosis for TDS, it would be applied to his supporters, not his detractors.
no. the derangement on the left (and on the right ) is real.

when Nancy Pelosi stands up and defends the "humanity" of MS13 members in response to Trump calling these animals, animals... its clear its derangement. period. It isn't gaslighting to point that out. Its reasonable.

otherwise we have to assume Nancy Pelosi was acting rationally when she did that. if that is the case then there is something vastly more nefarious than derangement taking place on the left. (and in the never trump right)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies