Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 12:30 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Correct, how dare a black man try and become a rich white man....

And todays republicans they cant fathom why they are considered the Party of white supremacists
huh?

what in the world are you talking about?

thanks for throwing that reliable race card, though
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 12:32 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so Jojajn, how horrible does it make you feel, that Trump has spent more time on the golf course than anywhere else yet has all but wiped out Obamas legacy?

LOL.... apparantly TheDonald thought the job was way harder than it turned out to be.

in addition to wiping out the Obama Legacy TheDonald has gotten drilling in ANWR which is somehting Republicans have been trying to get for 40 years, the largest tax cut in a generation, Gotten Eropean nations to pony up and contribute to NATO, forced North Korea to talks without surrendering a blessed thing, taken ISIS apart AND taken minority unemployment to historic lows.

all while spending 60% of his time on a golf course or tweeting!
How does it make you feel; that the price of gas has nearly tripled, prices are rising due to tariffs, cuts have been made to Medicare, healthcare coverage for pre-existing conditions will be eliminated, the price of prescription drugs is sky-rocketing, babies have been taken from their mothers with no plan to keep track, racism is increasing, North Korea has made great progress in their nuclear weapons program after meeting with Trump, our infrastructure is falling apart, your wall wasn't built and Mexico isn't going to pay for it, and Trump is spending our tax paid money like a drunken sailor?

Old 07-10-2018, 12:49 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
I find this scrutiny ridiculous. As long as any US President is in office--whether the people think he's doing good or bad--he deserves some R&R and downtime, as anyone in any job, would. [/b]

Every time I see a tally of "how many times" a President takes a vacation or takes time off to golf, go away with his family, take some down time, it is so annoying to me.

The Presidents' role is extremely stressful and extremely important, to say the least. I think it has been shown time and time again that taking downtime to refocus and refresh is crucial in any role.

I understand that there is a "cost of downtime" associated with a Presidents' vacation time, but these "running of tallies" and "keeping track of vacation time" for any sitting US President seem a bit malicious, micro-manage-y and come across jealous.

It's as if the person tracking the President's downtime thinks the President deserves zero time off, ever.
Absolutely. Presidents deserve SOME R & R and downtime. But not even God goes on vacation every weekend, charging the taxpayers millions for the privilege. And running the universe is much more stressful.

Old 07-10-2018, 12:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Calls for help from Puerto Rico ignored by Trump while on weekend golf junket.

Quote:
But then for four days after that — as storm-ravaged Puerto Rico struggled for food and water amid the darkness of power outages — Trump and his top aides effectively went dark themselves.
Quote:
Even though local officials had said publicly as early as Sept. 20, the day of the storm, that the island was "destroyed," the sense of urgency didn't begin to penetrate the White House until Monday, when images of the utter destruction and desperation — and criticism of the administration's response — began to appear on television, one senior administration official said.
Lost weekend: How Trump’s time at his golf club hurt the response to Maria

If we don't need a president during a crisis, we don't need a president at all!

Old 07-10-2018, 12:55 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,486 times
The UK taxpayer is being forced to pay 5 million pounds (6.6 million dollars) just so he can golf at his resort in Scotland.

Ministers pledge to foot £5m security bill for Trump visit to Scotland | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-10-2018, 03:10 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Now has taken more golf trips than any other president!

https://trumpgolfcount.com/

Just wondering, does anyone feel like they have been lied to by Trump?
OP - you can have that one. He lied. You win on this one.

He's still president though...

Old 07-10-2018, 03:13 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Trump is doing a good job in my book. I don't care if he plays golf.

Only the Hillary Clinton supporters (what's left of them) are doing the complaining.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:20 PM

17,772 posts, read 13,662,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump is doing a good job in my book. I don't care if he plays golf.

You don't care if he plays golf. But you cared a bunch when Obama played (much less) golf.

Most of us care less about the golf and a lot more about the dishonesty. But I imagine you don't care about that either...……….. since he is dong a good job in your book.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:20 PM

20,090 posts, read 8,995,406 times
why do non-contributors always dislike successful contributors? is it jealousy?

Old 07-10-2018, 03:27 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
why do non-contributors always dislike successful contributors? is it jealousy?
Who are you calling a non-contributor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies