Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider referring to any woman as a "c" offensive and disrespectful toward women
Yes 50 72.46%
No 19 27.54%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 12:54 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times

Advertisements

because of the wording of the poll, I voted NO.

if another woman is called that, it doesn't affect me.

it's not a nice word because it attempts to label a woman as just a sex object and nothing more.

after listening to over two years of the cheeto's constant derogatory remarks about anyone who doesn't ADORE him, from gold star families and war heroes to reporters with disabilities, I suppose I've become inured to all the foul language and foul hateful expressions coming from the WH.

this is what you guys wanted; someone who's not PC. OK, you got it. are you happy now?

as far as how barr and bee were treated afterward, that's up to their employers to decide. I'm not the boss, and neither are the millions of other democrats.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:58 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,187 times
https://twitter.com/ALT_uscis/status...11512428568576

Old 06-02-2018, 01:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
because of the wording of the poll, I voted NO.

if another woman is called that, it doesn't affect me.

it's not a nice word because it attempts to label a woman as just a sex object and nothing more.

after listening to over two years of the cheeto's constant derogatory remarks about anyone who doesn't ADORE him, from gold star families and war heroes to reporters with disabilities, I suppose I've become inured to all the foul language and foul hateful expressions coming from the WH.

this is what you guys wanted; someone who's not PC. OK, you got it. are you happy now?

as far as how barr and bee were treated afterward, that's up to their employers to decide. I'm not the boss, and neither are the millions of other democrats.
I don't like Michelle Obama but would never refer to her or her daughters as a "c". PERIOD. As to the different treatment of Barr and Bee, the treatment is due to social pressure. So essentially, if the people in charge (who knew what she was going to say) thought it would be offensive to their viewers they wouldn't have authorized it but they did so that says that they believe their viewers (including the women) think it's ok to call women highly offensive derogatory and demeaning names.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:25 PM

Disgusting kajo13! I searched for it but it seems to be deleted. But again, I'm not defending Barr, but leftist defend Bee.

Honestly, I have no issue with the show being canceled, but I am calling attention to the unequal treatment. I watched the Roseann show only a couple times to see what the big deal was but do not think it represents Trump supporters at all. At least not me and the Trump supporters I know.

Last edited by petch751; 06-02-2018 at 01:34 PM..

Old 06-02-2018, 01:26 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Interesting. Nugent threatens a President and calls Hillary a **** and you guys embrace him and he is invited to the WH. Roseanne mocks the national anthem and grabs her crotch and also calls Hillary a **** and the right embraces her. You elect a man who admitted to grabbing women by the *****. And y'all sit there and attack liberals for how bad they are!

Funny how that works, isn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
People think Political Correctness as just a liberal fetish for not hurting people’s feelings. But when one is fired and the other gets an award (and defended) after offensive language ... what explains this apparent inconsistency? In a word, propaganda. Freedom of speech is being distorted to serve a groups interests, used to silence those who they disagree with. All too often, what they really mean is, "Quiet!"

Yup, look to Trump to find the chief person in our country who is trying to silence those who disagree with him. It wasn't enough that he pitched such a fit about kneeling sports figures that they'll now get fined if they exercise their free speech now he says they don't belong in the country. Oh and the little thing he does daily to debase the press is a borderline crime against our constitution.

Old 06-02-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Funny how that works, isn't it.

Yup, look to Trump to find the chief person in our country who is trying to silence those who disagree with him. It wasn't enough that he pitched such a fit about kneeling sports figures that they'll now get fined if they exercise their free speech now he says they don't belong in the country. Oh and the little thing he does daily to debase the press is a borderline crime against our constitution.
I don't agree with the liberal agenda period. And I won't be watching football if the players can't respect the American flag period. LOL, with your constant outrage over every little thing is going to cause you a heart attack.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:01 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,693,496 times
I answered yes simply because in my experience, that word is the most offensive word used to describe a woman. It is the one word rarely used in conversations and hardly ever forgiven.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:04 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
I don't agree with the liberal agenda period. And I won't be watching football if the players can't respect the American flag period. LOL, with your constant outrage over every little thing is going to cause you a heart attack.
so it wasn't your outrage that prompted you to start this thread?

LOL

Old 06-02-2018, 02:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
so it wasn't your outrage that prompted you to start this thread?

LOL
Righties live in a perpetual state of outrage and perceived victimization. It's gross.

Old 06-02-2018, 02:20 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
I'd like to change it to reveal those forum members where their forum name shows. Most likely the people who think it's ok to use the demeaning C word for women are leftist.
I voted "no".

It is incredibly offensive to use the C-word towards a specific woman.

Notice the bolded letter.

If I call a man an a-hole, I'm not calling ALL MEN a-holes. I'm calling that man an a-hole.

For what it is worth: I never use the C-word (never used it in my life - and I curse plenty). I think it is one of the worst things you can call a woman. And I don't defend Samantha Bee saying it. She should be ashamed for using that word and deserves all of the backlash for using it.

Its use is also not equivalent to racism. Because I'm sure that is the nonsensical "logic" path people are on in this thread...I'll say it again: An attack on a single person, no matter how harsh and offensive, is NOT equivalent to racism/statements about entire groups of people.

Hope that clears anything up.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 06-02-2018 at 02:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies