Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 07:53 AM

72,817 posts, read 62,160,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" What is sad, is that someone like David Duke or Arthur Jones could even get as many votes as they did."

Yet blacks re-elect the likes of charlie rangle, sheila jackson and maxine watwers, etc. and NEVER a complaint about them and the racist things they say.

The word hypocrite comes to mind!

Today the NAACP, the National Association for the Advancement of COLORED people has become no better them some of organizations you mention.

Robert Byrd was once of the leaders of the KKK yet the left ALWAYS supported him.
Sounds like you are the one race baiting. I went to Google that. I can't find anything on Jackson or Waters saying anything racist. NOw, Charlie Rangel has a sordid record, and he has been ousted out of power.

And to compare the NAACP to the KKK and Neo-Nazis is stupid. The NAACP is not calling for a Black homeland or calling for the exclusion of White people or other non-Black groups. The NAACP has White members. You're thinking of the New Black Panther Party or King Samir Shabazz.

And Robert Byrd was in the KKK. He would later renounce his membership in the Klan, changed his views, and disassociate himself with it. David Duke, Sean Donahue, Arthur Jones, and Paul Nehlen still have active ties to Neo-Nazis/KKK.

Quit with your false equivalency.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 08:03 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,750,375 times
Just had to lol at so many of the white nationalists at the beginning of this thread attempting to normalize their psychological problems lol.

I'll note that I don't think that white nationalists running for office is all that new of a thing. It has happened before and recently and before Trump was president.

However, I do think they feel they have an ally in Trump and that has emboldened them. Americans need to ensure they take advantage of their enfranchisement and vote against these people if they don't want them in office.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I find t ironic how some want to ignore history some times, then champion it at other times.

When we talk about race today many on the left ALWAYS want bring up the Civil War, they do NOT want Confederate battle flgs flown, or statues of ANYBODY associated with the South to stand. It hurts their "feelings".

THEN on discussions like this they do NOT want is to talk about how the DNC CREATED the KKK and the creator of Planned Parenthood STARTED it to KEEP THE BLACK POPULATION DOWN and WAS a BIG supporter of the KKK. She even held rallies FOR the KKK and spoke before them LOTS OF TIMES.

"And since you are so down on the Democratic Party and claim they don't do anything for Blacks, answer this question. What has the Republican Party done for Blacks in the last 40 years?"

One has NOTHING to do with the other.

The dem party CLAIMS to be for blacks yet, have done NOTHING to help them.

The repubs are for ALL people and do NOT engage in "group" think.

Black unemployment is at historical LOWS yet, not 1 single black dem , or even 1 dem for that matter, have I heard praising the numbers or even taking about it and saying how good it is.

Why do you think that is?

Why isn't the NAACP, National Association for the Advancement of COLORED People ALL OVER THE NEW PRAISING THESE NUMBERS?

Because they are all so wrapped up in identity politics they just CAN'T bring themselves to admit good news during the Trump term in office.

The slightest up tick in ANYTHING during the Obama admin was NATIONAL NEWS 4/7. How much air time has these FANTASTIC numbers been given NOW?
You can say the same thing about those on the right. Many on the right will ignore the Civil War and support the Confederate flag. And as for Planned Parenthood, the Republican Party might not like it now. However, it wasn't against it back in the 1920s through the 1960s.

And the Republican Party has had its times when it was no better in terms of race: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lily-white_movement

Something else. You are claiming the Demcratic Party is no good for Blacks. Considering that you do vote Republican, I suspect you want Blacks to vote for Republicans or think that Republicans would be better for Blacks. I haven't seen much proof of either party. You are talking as if a political party is suppose to do something for someone, so I asked the question.

The Democratic Party doesn't claim to be only for Blacks. The Republican party doesn't claim to be only for Whites. However, I would say both parties aren't doing very well.

As for those unemployment rates, they have been dropping since 2011/2012, so President Trump doesn't get credit for that. This is why the NAACP doesn't mention those things and praise Trump for it. Trump had nothing to do with it. Those numbers were on the decline before he got there.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
" What is sad, is that someone like David Duke or Arthur Jones could even get as many votes as they did."

Yet blacks re-elect the likes of charlie rangle, sheila jackson and maxine watwers, etc. and NEVER a complaint about them and the racist things they say.

The word hypocrite comes to mind!

Today the NAACP, the National Association for the Advancement of COLORED people has become no better them some of organizations you mention.

Robert Byrd was once of the leaders of the KKK yet the left ALWAYS supported him.

LOL on this - FYI the NAACP was founded via a collaborative effort of both black and white Americans and has always had white Americans involved in the organization. It has also advocated for and funded cases to support white people - especially white women as it was behind court decisions that provided the right of white women to not be discriminated in the work place or from being hired when pregnant or forced to go on leave due to pregnancy.

Most of you "white" focused people who bring up the "colored" part of the NAACP completely ignore the history of the organization and the whites involved in it and that it is not "racist" just because the word "colored" is included.

Shows a lack of critical thinking and research skills to jump to that conclusion.

Also none of the black people you mentioned has ever advocated for a separate "black nation" lol. They also have not advocated on stopping white people from doing anything or any legislation that targets white people or white immigrants. So they are not comparable to a white nationalist.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL on this - FYI the NAACP was founded via a collaborative effort of both black and white Americans and has always had white Americans involved in the organization. It has also advocated for and funded cases to support white people - especially white women as it was behind court decisions that provided the right of white women to not be discriminated in the work place or from being hired when pregnant or forced to go on leave due to pregnancy.

Most of you "white" focused people who bring up the "colored" part of the NAACP completely ignore the history of the organization and the whites involved in it and that it is not "racist" just because the word "colored" is included.

Shows a lack of critical thinking and research skills to jump to that conclusion.

Also none of the black people you mentioned has ever advocated for a separate "black nation" lol. They also have not advocated on stopping white people from doing anything or any legislation that targets white people or white immigrants. So they are not comparable to a white nationalist.
Said person is pulling a false equivalency argument. And it's more sad than anything. The truth is, some people really are okay with Neo-Nazi types running for office and give a straight answer. Some people want to see Neo-Nazi types in office.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Said person is pulling a false equivalency argument. And it's more sad than anything. The truth is, some people really are okay with Neo-Nazi types running for office and give a straight answer. Some people want to see Neo-Nazi types in office.

I could tell lol.

But will note that white supremacists and white nationalists have always run for office in the USA. Today versus the past 30-40 years though they are just more open about it like they were between 1900-1968.

It is not new. I'm not okay with it but I wouldn't act like it has not been a constant reality in this nation because it has been.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I could tell lol.

But will note that white supremacists and white nationalists have always run for office in the USA. Today versus the past 30-40 years though they are just more open about it like they were between 1900-1968.

It is not new. I'm not okay with it but I wouldn't act like it has not been a constant reality in this nation because it has been.
Having racist persons in office is nothing new. Willie Rainach, Orval Faubus, Lester Maddox, etc. Those persons were very open about their disdain for Blacks back in those days.

When David Duke, a former Grand Wizard and someone who had active ties with Neo-Nazi groups, ran for governor of Louisiana, it was a shock. What is more shocking is that he could pull off over 600,000 votes. He lost, but knowing what he has ties to, that is just crazy. And it's sad because anyone who would vote for a Neo-Nazi, it makes me wonder who I can trust.

It was a shock back in 1991. However, a few more Neo-Nazi/White supremacist types are running for office. What will be more shocking is that they can get that many votes in the first place. It makes me wonder this. What kind of people would vote for persons who have active ties to Neo-nazi/White supremacist groups?

Old 06-04-2018, 08:35 AM

1,874 posts, read 810,520 times
white nationalist = anyone who disagrees with liberal ideas = fake news

Old 06-04-2018, 08:39 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,046,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Don't you find this worrying? Trump only has 6 more years in office, but this trend should concern you. White nationalism has gone mainstream. But, hur emails!!!!

https://www.msnbc.com/hallie-jackson...-1245401667672
MAGA, y'all.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
white nationalist = anyone who disagrees with liberal ideas = fake news
Wrong.

This is the actual definition. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_supremacy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies