Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2018, 02:17 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,718,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I guess you'd rather not discuss the solution.
Your solution is human capital? Ummm ... okay. If you're saying they are going to be workers in economies that desperately need them, there's a ton of flaws with that premise. Muslims who migrated to Europe back in the 1960's are unemployed at triple the rate of ethnic Europeans. They can be because European countries are the most massive welfare states in the world. They don't need to work, therefore they don't. The unemployment rates for Muslims only gets worse and worse as you look at newer and newer generations.

Quote:
Let's see, how naive are they?

Why Syrian Refugees Risk the ‘Journey of Death’ to Europe

"Syrians famously call the sea crossing to Europe “the journey of death.” They call the boats “the boats of death” and the smugglers “the agents of death.” "

Well, there goes business ... So your thinking them to be 'naive' ... just shows you under estimate people.

So why did Abdou do it?

"His family owned a pharmacy, and he planned to join the business. But as the conflict developed into a full-fledged war and he could no longer avoid mandatory military service, he fled to Egypt. “I didn’t want to participate in the killing. I didn’t want to share in the blood,” he told me. His family stayed behind."

Oh wait what? His family owned a pharmacy? No that can't be right ... His family stayed behind ... yea that part is believable.
Have you ever looked at some of these countries? I'm thinking by your comment, no. Also, I'm thinking Donald, is that you? Can't be Thor, I know that.

I Live in a ‘****hole Country.’ It’s Called the United States.

With a door that swings both ways and why do they do it:

Millions of Americans have moved overseas -- and it's not because the U.S. is a '****hole'

Do American's leave the states and enter into other countries illegally? That, we may never know, until there is a political reason to know. I'm not deflecting, I'm just saying. There are things people know, there are things people don't know and then there are things people pretend to know and that's when it all gets absurd.
The VAST MAJORITY of migrants aren't coming from Syria. They're coming from Northern and Sub-Saharan Africa.

They come from the lighter colored, dirt poor countries in the above picture. They come from:
International Ranking Per Capita GDP out of 193 -- Country -- Per Person GDP In $
  • 110 Algeria 3,917
  • 116 Tunisia 3,657
  • 128 Morocco $2,937
  • 134 Nigeria $2,176
  • 140 Sudan $2,094
  • 146 Côte d'Ivoire $1,552
  • 149 Ghana $1,517
  • 152 Kenya $1,455
  • 153 Cameroon $1,374
  • 160 Eritrea $1,093
  • 161 Mauritania $1,085
  • 164 Senegal $948
  • 167 Benin $818
  • 169 Chad $780
  • 170 Mali $778
  • 174 Ethiopia $687
  • 175 Guinea $683
  • 177 Burkina Faso $627
  • 178 Guinea-Bissau $620
  • 180 Liberia $598
  • 181 Togo $585
  • 183 South Sudan $534
  • 185 Sierra Leone $497
  • 186 Gambia, The $484
  • 188 Central African Republic $394
  • 190 Niger $364
  • 193 Somalia $92
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al)_per_capita

Much of it was explained in the video I linked with the gumballs that I'm guessing you never watched. The best people leave. The most destitute can't get out and with the best people gone, nothing in their country ever improves. Saying they live in ****hole countries is no commentary saying they are bad people. It means that the country they live in is horrible broken. In most cases, there is no ongoing war in these countries.

Last edited by godofthunder9010; 06-09-2018 at 03:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 12:42 AM

15,755 posts, read 7,571,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Your solution is human capital? Ummm ... okay. If you're saying they are going to be workers in economies that desperately need them, there's a ton of flaws with that premise. Muslims who migrated to Europe back in the 1960's are unemployed at triple the rate of ethnic Europeans. They can be because European countries are the most massive welfare states in the world. They don't need to work, therefore they don't. The unemployment rates for Muslims only gets worse and worse as you look at newer and newer generations.

The VAST MAJORITY of migrants aren't coming from Syria. They're coming from Northern and Sub-Saharan Africa.

They come from the lighter colored, dirt poor countries in the above picture. They come from:
International Ranking Per Capita GDP out of 193 -- Country -- Per Person GDP In $
  • 110 Algeria 3,917
  • 116 Tunisia 3,657
  • 128 Morocco $2,937
  • 134 Nigeria $2,176
  • 140 Sudan $2,094
  • 146 Côte d'Ivoire $1,552
  • 149 Ghana $1,517
  • 152 Kenya $1,455
  • 153 Cameroon $1,374
  • 160 Eritrea $1,093
  • 161 Mauritania $1,085
  • 164 Senegal $948
  • 167 Benin $818
  • 169 Chad $780
  • 170 Mali $778
  • 174 Ethiopia $687
  • 175 Guinea $683
  • 177 Burkina Faso $627
  • 178 Guinea-Bissau $620
  • 180 Liberia $598
  • 181 Togo $585
  • 183 South Sudan $534
  • 185 Sierra Leone $497
  • 186 Gambia, The $484
  • 188 Central African Republic $394
  • 190 Niger $364
  • 193 Somalia $92
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al)_per_capita

Much of it was explained in the video I linked with the gumballs that I'm guessing you never watched. The best people leave. The most destitute can't get out and with the best people gone, nothing in their country ever improves. Saying they live in ****hole countries is no commentary saying they are bad people. It means that the country they live in is horrible broken. In most cases, there is no ongoing war in these countries.
Quote:
Ummm ... okay. If you're saying they are going to be workers in economies that desperately need them, there's a ton of flaws with that premise.
"Economist Theodore Schultz invented the term "human capital" in the 1960s to reflect the value of human capacities. He believed human capital was like any other type of capital; it could be invested in through education, training and enhanced benefits that lead to an improvement in the quality and level of production."

Yes ... such a flawed concept. What economy is so rich, it doesn't need workers?
Quote:
The VAST MAJORITY of migrants aren't coming from Syria. They're coming from Northern and Sub-Saharan Africa. In most cases, there is no ongoing war in these countries.
How old is your news and how accurate is it?
Six out of 10 migrants to Europe come for 'economic reasons' and are not refugees, EU Vice President Frans Timmermans says (january 2016)
The politician read a report called frontex ... Timmermans said what you said.
Found a 2015 article
6 charts and a map that show where Europe's refugees are coming from - and the perilous journeys they are taking
It does not reconcile with Wikipedia or Timmermans ... also mentions frontex and links to the report. You'll never guess where most of the people are coming from, so I will leave you to read report(s) and be curious enough to find out on your own.
Also to update this ... FRAN Q3 2017
Quote:
It means that the country they live in is horrible broken.
Then why on earth would 21,000 Americans live in Haiti and El Salvador? They moved there for ... drum roll, pls .... Opportunities, they couldn't find in the U.S.

Welfare states ... did you know the people coming from these yes, war torn country(s), who did not leave intending to wind up in Europe (Mali, was first choice for some) but the wars breaking out pushed them into that direction, their countries do not have a Federal Income tax ... and their governments were providing for them, best they could, before the wars.

That is why (for some) when they arrived after their long hard journey(s) and they found out, there were no provisions for them like they had been accustomed to, it confused the heck out of 'em.

Don't tell me you haven't read those media stories ... 'they arrived in EU expecting a hand out'. gees

They ended up in the EU, hoping to find some one who cared, turns out ... should have stayed put for all the good it done 'em.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 06-10-2018 at 12:54 AM..

Old 06-11-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
They ended up in the EU, hoping to find some one who cared, turns out ... should have stayed put for all the good it done 'em.
Honestly, this is the core of things. Bear in mind, these are the Africans with significant ambition. They have enough money, resources and physical health to make the journey. Those who are vastly worse off than them are left behind to suffer. And for some reason, they aren't stopping in Mali or Tunisia or any of the other places you claim was their end-goal. They are -- purely by weird accident according to you -- crossing the Mediterranean Sea and at significant risk to their life to get to Europe. That's a pretty weird "accident" if you ask me.

The problem with the massive push for mass-immigration in both the USA and the EU is that the vast majority of the people never asked for it and repeatedly voted against it. So yeah, the migrants might have wanted to stay where they were. The only way you're going to end fatalities from migrants crossing the Med is to send a clear message, "There's no point, they'll just send you back." By all means, spend money building better agriculture, infrastructure and healthcare in their home countries.

At the core of things, critics of this new Italian government must realize that Italians and every other Western European country didn't just magically wake up as Nazis and White Nationalists one morning. They experienced bad outcomes. They don't like where their counties are heading. And their governments keep on sweeping bad behavior by migrants under the rug, pretending it's not happening. The Italian election is a direct reaction to this. Brexit is a direct reaction to this. Liberal governments almost losing in France and Germany are a direct reaction to this. It's their country. They have a right to vote against the continuation of unlimited mass migration. They have a right to vote in a government that says, "You can't stay here." Bear in mind, these are not legal immigrants. They are part of a system of illegal immigration that drops anyone deemed to be endangered out on the Med off at the nearest safe harbor. None of the harbors across North Africa are deemed safe, so that inevitably means Italy is on the hook -- even if said endangered migrants are only 500 feet from the shores of Libya or Tunisia.

The political Left tends to be very generous with the money, housing, food and resources that aren't their own. This is one of the most significant failings of the Left everywhere: They're very generous when it comes to giving away other people's money and things. If they're feeling so charitable, they should use their own money, homes and things to be charitable with. Paul Joseph Watson is pretty blunt, but he's not wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHnjlQC6Puw

Old 06-11-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Honestly, this is the core of things. Bear in mind, these are the Africans with significant ambition. They have enough money, resources and physical health to make the journey. Those who are vastly worse off than them are left behind to suffer. And for some reason, they aren't stopping in Mali or Tunisia or any of the other places you claim was their end-goal. They are -- purely by weird accident according to you -- crossing the Mediterranean Sea and at significant risk to their life to get to Europe. That's a pretty weird "accident" if you ask me.

The problem with the massive push for mass-immigration in both the USA and the EU is that the vast majority of the people never asked for it and repeatedly voted against it. So yeah, the migrants might have wanted to stay where they were. The only way you're going to end fatalities from migrants crossing the Med is to send a clear message, "There's no point, they'll just send you back." By all means, spend money building better agriculture, infrastructure and healthcare in their home countries.

At the core of things, critics of this new Italian government must realize that Italians and every other Western European country didn't just magically wake up as Nazis and White Nationalists one morning. They experienced bad outcomes. They don't like where their counties are heading. And their governments keep on sweeping bad behavior by migrants under the rug, pretending it's not happening. The Italian election is a direct reaction to this. Brexit is a direct reaction to this. Liberal governments almost losing in France and Germany are a direct reaction to this. It's their country. They have a right to vote against the continuation of unlimited mass migration. They have a right to vote in a government that says, "You can't stay here." Bear in mind, these are not legal immigrants. They are part of a system of illegal immigration that drops anyone deemed to be endangered out on the Med off at the nearest safe harbor. None of the harbors across North Africa are deemed safe, so that inevitably means Italy is on the hook -- even if said endangered migrants are only 500 feet from the shores of Libya or Tunisia.

The political Left tends to be very generous with the money, housing, food and resources that aren't their own. This is one of the most significant failings of the Left everywhere: They're very generous when it comes to giving away other people's money and things. If they're feeling so charitable, they should use their own money, homes and things to be charitable with. Paul Joseph Watson is pretty blunt, but he's not wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHnjlQC6Puw
https://www.newsdeeply.com/refugees/...t-refugee-camp

Old 06-11-2018, 08:25 PM

Quote:
It's an interesting read and it kinda makes all of my points for me. For example:

Quote:
Amadou decided to search for “something better.” He could not know how little salvation he would find in Sicily and Cara di Mineo.
He thought if he could illegally sneak into Europe, he'd be in the promised land. He was extremely naive. He should have just stayed where he was and at this point, Italy should just send him back there. The more that his fellow countrymen realize that there's no point in going to Europe, the fewer will die or be sold into slavery for life along the way.

Quote:
Amadou says that women are made to engage in sex work both inside the camp and on the surrounding highways and that the police and the administration know what is going on but don’t do anything about it.
The police are in a do-nothing mode when it comes to migrants. They pretty much ignore everything, including the crimes those migrants commit. Note that it doesn't say who is forcing women into sex work. My money is on the male Muslim migrants they're living with.

One of the points this article makes that I neglected to mention: The powerful and corrupt are making money off of these illegal migrants hand over fist. They want more of them to come for very corrupt and selfish reasons. NGO "rescue ships" are making money off of them.

There's a ton of good reasons to put a stop to this illegal human smuggling racket ASAP.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:40 AM

Quote:
It's an interesting read and it kinda makes all of my points for me. For example:

He thought if he could illegally sneak into Europe, he'd be in the promised land. He was extremely naive. He should have just stayed where he was and at this point, Italy should just send him back there. The more that his fellow countrymen realize that there's no point in going to Europe, the fewer will die or be sold into slavery for life along the way.

The police are in a do-nothing mode when it comes to migrants. They pretty much ignore everything, including the crimes those migrants commit. Note that it doesn't say who is forcing women into sex work. My money is on the male Muslim migrants they're living with.

One of the points this article makes that I neglected to mention: The powerful and corrupt are making money off of these illegal migrants hand over fist. They want more of them to come for very corrupt and selfish reasons. NGO "rescue ships" are making money off of them.

There's a ton of good reasons to put a stop to this illegal human smuggling racket ASAP.
Quote:
Note that it doesn't say who is forcing
Mafia and how you missed that?

You keep posting arguments that inhuman treatment is justified ... and I'll keep posting the inhuman treatment ... because there is no justification for the lack of humanity in people.

Yes, they are all looking for a better life and I can not figure out why that is a bad thing. They are lucky if they live through the journey, many if they survive afterwards. All of them have but one hope, to provide better for their family. Is there any one on this earth that doesn't want that?

People look at their resources ... they get an education, they learn a trade, if they can not find those two things where they live, they may move to a location where it can be found. Look at your own self, would you, if you haven't yet, do the very same thing. I know I did it. I couldn't find work in the small town I was in, so as to support my children and I moved. Should I have stayed where I was and suffer and let my children suffer? Where is the sense in that? If I had done that, I would be the one who was practicing inhuman judgement.
Quote:
Investigate, arrest, incarcerate ... officials turning a blind eye to it

Spain will welcome migrant rescue ship turned away by Italy

'international law'

What law allows people to sleep nights, knowing they had a direct hand in the suffering of others?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies