Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 01:20 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,706,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Justice served!

This gay couple just wasted everyone’s time and a lot of money.

This case was not denying regular service but trying to enforce something against someone’s belief for the fun of a gay couple.

Why didn’t this couple just go to a bakery that had no issues to make the cake of their dreams.

In our business we help everyone and if someone asks us to do anything against Fair Housing than we deny helping them. We sell and rent to anyone based on credit and background checks and pre-approvals from third parties. I never heard anyone in my business, denying someone based on sexual preference but we have refused to help
People we don’t trust, acted strange Etc, and even had a different Realtor help a person or couple as for some reason some people just don’t get along.

In this case, why enforcing someone to prepare a cake that needs creative skills and forcing to put something on the cake that they don’t agree with.

Walmart denied to make certain cakes.

What about the left intolerance for people wearing a MAGA hat/cap and losing their minds. Even when they don’t have to interact, some leftist lost their mind just seeing someone with a hat with letters on it and that to me is not the same as creating a cake!

LOL For the same reason they, like others before or after them, didn't go to a Muslim bakery. It's all about smelling a Christian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 01:23 PM

369 posts, read 321,125 times
Perhaps it's been a number of years but, I seem to remember signage in establishments that declared "We reserve the right to decline service to anyone" or close to that verbage. Maybe it was just in taverns.
As a proprietor I would think you would have that right. What am I not understanding?
Jim

Old 06-05-2018, 01:34 PM

1,997 posts, read 1,627,806 times
I dont care for the baker and his screwball religious views but it is his store and he can run it anyway he wants,and people have the right not to patronize him.problem solved,case closed.Its not like the gay couple were denied a ride on the city bus so they had to walk in the rain,there are plenty of bakers the couple could have gone to instead.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:37 PM

16,150 posts, read 8,300,047 times
Of course the uber liberal, Constitution hating, leftist wacko Ginsberg voted in the opposite way. That combined with the "wise latina", made up the two dissents.

I am pleasantly surprised Breyer and Kagan voted with the majority. Up until this vote, I think Kagan has voted with Ginsburg & Sotomayor 100% .

`

Old 06-05-2018, 01:54 PM

5,068 posts, read 1,995,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
LOL For the same reason they, like others before or after them, didn't go to a Muslim bakery. It's all about smelling a Christian.
You might be on to something, is it ok with you if I borrowed a part of your quote for a meme?
https://imgflip.com/i/2bo32o

Old 06-05-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
the baker is obvioulsy a rotten man, but as a gay man myself, if i went there to have a cake made, and he said no, for his reasons, of course i would have called him a few choice words, i would have also put the word out in the neighborhood that this man is a racist, etc.

but, i would have of left it at that, walked out and went somewhere else to have a cake made.
someone will make it, and like another poster stated way back on the forum, who would want to eat a cake let alone pay for one, from a rotten christian (?) (that leaves something to be determined), man.

and I also dont think the president needed to make any comments or get involved in this event.
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why would you do that? Gay isn't race. Just misspoke?
Probably not, as liberals are so use to being able to use PC to silence people opposed to their leftist ideology, it is a common knee-jerk accusation.
Needless to say the sexual behavior of homos does not constitute a race of people. Presumably it can be called bigotry, prejudice or being homophobic, but certainly not racist.

Heck I even remember a pitbull apologist claiming those who opposed pitbulls were racists.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:15 PM

3,164 posts, read 1,703,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copymutt View Post
Perhaps it's been a number of years but, I seem to remember signage in establishments that declared "We reserve the right to decline service to anyone" or close to that verbage. Maybe it was just in taverns.
As a proprietor I would think you would have that right. What am I not understanding?
Jim
Then why doesn’t the owner put out a sign that he won’t serve gays? It seems only fair. The state govt should require them to display a sign that details who the proprietor won’t serve.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:35 PM

79,899 posts, read 43,855,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
^

Probably not, as liberals are so use to being able to use PC to silence people opposed to their leftist ideology, it is a common knee-jerk accusation.
Needless to say the sexual behavior of homos does not constitute a race of people. Presumably it can be called bigotry, prejudice or being homophobic, but certainly not racist.

Heck I even remember a pitbull apologist claiming those who opposed pitbulls were racists.
You mean like what Trump did to Hispanics? That's different right?

Old 06-05-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Then why doesn’t the owner put out a sign that he won’t serve gays? It seems only fair. The state govt should require them to display a sign that details who the proprietor won’t serve.
First of all, as I understand it, they didn't refuse to serve them a cake, rather they wouldn't make them a homosexual themed wedding cake. Another words, they would sell them any cake they wanted to buy or presumably even make them a cake, provided that it was not endorsing a practice that their religion believed was sinful.
Thus is a satanist came in and said bake me a cake worshiping the devil, I suspect they would not do that either.
But satanists are not a liberal PC protected group (at least not yet), but since homos are, that is why this story became the leftist medias pet project.
Had this bakery refused to sell a hetero Mormon person a cake that depicted marriage of multiple people (polygamy), you know it wouldn't have gotten a peep of coverage.

`

Old 06-05-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You mean like what Trump did to Hispanics? That's different right?
I honestly do not understand your meaning or question/s

Please clarify.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies